Go Hero ROCKETMAN 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any more updates as far as when this will be released?

end of nov to early dec

From GH: just received today...

They are working on it...still on target for end of Nov, but may slide a week or so.

Bigger concern is the doc strikes are effecting shipping, so we are keeping our eyes on it.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

Cool. I had it on pre-order then cancelled. I'm not too familiar with either GoHero or Executive Replicas.

Some people out there didn't have many kind things to say about ER. I have a feeling they'll do a superb job but I decided to wait until this releases before pulling the trigger.

They are coming out with other amazing vintage stuff that I'd like to also get so I'm very anxious for this to come out great. Thanks for the tip.

What's another month to have a figure like this when KING OF THE ROCKETMEN (the first Rocketman) was released in 1949. 66 years ago.

:lol I know, I know, me too -- hey, it's been 66 years since anyone made a Rocketman/ Commando Cody figure. Anyway, my big question is will he be able to PROPERLY hold up the big canon (since the canon is made of metal and may be pretty heavy).

We'll know soon enough. Also, be curious to see if they made the final tweaks we suggested because those notes(props to Kuat) were passed along to GH by yours truly and we heard back from GH...

Hey,

Thanks for the kind words. Executive Replicas deserves much of the credit as this is really a team effort.

I think I understand the concerns, so here goes:
- the helmet does indeed fit right withe the interior pilot cap. See the studio pix.
- the hands on the sample at Nycc were designed to hold that canon, hence the weird looking thumb. The canon was too big and heavy for the display case at the show.
- the radio can be moved. Should have caught that.
- the chest control piece is held on by a magnet and is adjustable. I will double check on that
- the jacket can indeed be adjusted! But it is tailored really well. That piece got taken in and out, so it got messed with a few times.

We are super proud of it, and frankly, it is a real gem for 1:6 collections. It is one of those pieces that sci-fi collectors will be hunting down for years to come. And I have a sneaking suspicion that Rocketman is about to be popular again.

Thanks for the email!

S

Last edited:
Anyone spotted any 'in-hand' Commando Codys yet?

Mine was due to arrive today, but I delayed it until tomorrow since there would be nobody at home to sign for it.

Eager to see this thing came out, as I have little actual faith in Go Hero's products based on their other offerings.

Eager as well. I ordered mine from Steve at GH and have heard nothing yet (no emails).

Can't wait to see pics of yours kok.

So, worth the $260?

Kind of looks like something you'd get from Dragon, but in-hand is always different than photos.

Thanks for that honest and detailed review, KoK. I have to say, I will be disappointed after waiting all these years, but NOT bummed to the point I wouldn't want this on my shelf. It's a one of a kind and would cost $350 to make a custom so I'm still IN.

I will prolly change the head to a custom Judd Holdren (ZOTS) as Larry Martin Commando Cody. I DO like the metal parts. I hope my helmet isn't so difficult to close as that is the definiitive bullet head sig design element. One thing I will do and suggest to others is TAPE grey/black cellophane film over the eye holes from the inside.

All in all, would rather have it than not but am disappointed in the new factory's QC.

Hey, KoK, can the figure be posed holding the canon?

Last edited:
GH seems to be consistently over-priced for the quality they put out... the figures start out well enough, but kind of like Sideshow they don't have as tight of control over the factories or engage in some cost cutting during production.

I remember the original Flash Gordon was going to have all die-cast weapons when I placed my pre-order, instead we got all plastic ones.

Great news and thanks for the pictures. He looks brilliant to me and will have a spot of honor on the shelf along with my Medicom Robby when he arrives. This bullet helmet and jetpack is an iconic look to all science fiction fans, particularly of a certain age range. I'm a little too young to have seen the serials at the movies, but I did see them on Saturday morning on WOR and WPIX in NYC when I was growing up. Still a pretty good cinema flying effect even 60 yrs later.

I'm not the collector I once was but this really is a figure I've been looking forward to. I wonder when these are going to start arriving for those of us who ordered through our local comic stores? I hope fairly soon now that delivery has begun.

That series, of course, would be Zombies of the Stratosphere starring Judd Holdren as Larry Martin (and introducing Leonard Nimoy).

View attachment 95724

I'm looking for a head that could pass for Judd, can't seem to find one, will keep looking.

And thanks again, KoK, for such a great review, must say Your guy looks pretty impressive on the shelf -- certainly better than hoping to find a custom all these years and seeing ones like this (no offense to the customizer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCXF4JjrTuQ

Back