Go Hero ROCKETMAN 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Do you know who it is?

2014_gwr.gif

Re: Go Hero teases an upcoming 12 inch hero!

Forbidden Planet - looks like Robby the Robot's hand on that raygun

Woulda wanted this ages ago, but I failed to get Commander Cody & Flash. Wanted a classics rocket pack display. Have Jango, Ironman, Buck and Rocketeer. Could still be tempted, but I think everyone has jet packs now.

Woulda wanted this ages ago, but I failed to get Commander Cody & Flash. Wanted a classics rocket pack display. Have Jango, Ironman, Buck and Rocketeer. Could still be tempted, but I think everyone has jet packs now.

Yep, Commando Cody b4 my time too and and I'm getting it, one of the very first Rocketmen to appear on screen.

Last edited:

Gee, Dave.....
Remember when Go Hero announced this in 2/09?
I thought Commando Cody was in this bunch.....
time sure flies!
I think you actually started that thread.

Attachments

• Discovery Astronaut 2 2009.jpg
    Discovery Astronaut 2 2009.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 1,610
  • AFI insider bigpod.jpg
    AFI insider bigpod.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,642

Gee, Dave.....
time sure flies!

To be fair - that wasn't an announcement, but pictures taken by attendees at a show.

Gee, Dave.....
time sure flies!

That might've been my thread. Can't seem to find it now.

Steve had the rights back then but there were some glitches, so glad to see it finally greenlit. Once these are sold out, you probably won't see this figure made again by anyone (Go Hero seems to retire their figures once sold through ( I haven't seen any GH re-releases to date).

Dave may be able to shed more light on this, anyway it's a classic piece IMO.

This would be kinda cool, in a retro way. But what would be way cooler is that 2001: A Space Odyssey figure with space pod. THAT would be f-ing AWESOME.

Sean

Yeah, Radar Men From the Moon was the first Commando Cody serial starring George Wallace and Steve was trying to secure his likeness rights from his elderly widow back in 09. In fact, the 2009 Toy Show mock-up was a sculpt of Wallace. I don't know what we're getting now but my bet would be a figure of Wallace as Commando Cody in RMFTM as we saw in the Toy Show. Not my fave, would have preferred

Judd Holdren as Larry Martin in Zombies of the Stratosphere but it wouldn't be Commando Cody, even though it was intended to be.

I think I'll get two. One for safekeeping and a second for a custom Judd Holdren as Larry Martin in ZOTS. To me, George Wallace looked more like Spencer Tracy than a period action hero, just need to find a comp head for Holdren somewhere.

Judd Holdren as Larry Martin in ZOTS

Zombiestrat5.jpg

Also, if I remember, the figure will have a belt radio (like the one here) and I'm not sure but I don't think that was used in earlier serials like RMFTM.

Her's the trailer for RMFTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuDEIbfph8Y

Last edited:

Years ago when I wrote to Steve about my Buck Rogers order this was a figure I suggested. He wrote back it was something he was already planning to do along with the Larry Crabbe Flash Gordon figure that would eventually be offered. At that time I mentioned "King of the Rocketmen" and he said he was going to do Commando Cody but that there would be accessories that would make all the Rocketman versions possible with a little tweaking. Hope that's still the case, although any version of this great republic Serial character is more than welcome. This really is a dream figure for me. I love the Rocketeer, but I'm even more excited by this.

Thanks DD - okay, so they're going with "Rocketman" -- maybe residual rights issues with using Commando Cody, although they are using George Wallace who played Commando Cody in RMFTM. Fine with me...

Nice to see a working helmet hinge. Jacket appears to be black, not sure it wasn't brown ( need to see color still), also I hope they used a high neck collar for the jacket as Holdren (pictured in previous post) wore in ZOTS, not sure if Wallace's jacket had a high collar, would love to see a ref pic.

Yep, Wallace wore high neck collar too...

Season1-Commando3_zps76533906.jpg

Last edited:
It looks really cool so far from what I can see. I've always been fascinated by Rocketman and his look, so I might get this.

Back