Go Hero ROCKETMAN 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go Hero added more to the heroine but I don't know what it is, only who it is, so when they announce it will be a surprise to me too.

But as far as I know they have three not two new subjects not including Hercules which they already announced. Iconic Heroine, clutch jackson (I have no idea) and an iconic woman.

Ray Flores painted his Gilbert Honey West to look more like Anne Francis and it was a huge improvement.

Whoa! Go Hero and Captain Action team up to make high end figures. This means through Captain Action, Go Hero now has access to Marvel, DC, and 1966 Adam West Batman.
Possibly a Lewis Wilson and George Reeves.

Love this idea.

Whoa! Go Hero and Captain Action team up to make high end figures. This means through Captain Action, Go Hero now has access to Marvel, DC, and 1966 Adam West Batman.
Possibly a Lewis Wilson and George Reeves.

Love this idea.

49-EsAoN.gif

Yes it is the Irish McCalla Sheena. Officially licensed with the blessing of Irish's family. Go Hero also posted a teaser photo of the prototype.

Too bad they aren't using Joy Snyder as their sculptor. She killed it on the Sheena/Irish McCalla statue put out by ReelArt Studios a few years ago.

I knew something was off, thought the helmet eyes were going to be tinted, but this explains it. STILL I like it, all the metal looks good. Remember this figure has a metal helmet, control panel, jet pack and spacegun cannon. The slacks look like nice material as well. I'd like to see more closeups of the leather jacket and collar though.

Thanks kok, good reference shots - I think the jacket can be futzed to get a better look, the radio can be re-looped onto the belt but it seems whoever posed this figure was just uninformed, but the control panel could be a problem if it attaches too high.

Should I bring this to Steve's (GH) attention?.. it might be the last chance we have to have GH correct it before they pump these out of the factory.

It would be good to bring the issues of the control panel's position and width, and the size of the radio to his attention, but I think it's probably far too late now to get anything changed. :panic:

Yeah, too late for the radio, but I'm gonna bring the other issues to him, just in case they can be corrected. Otherwise, I think I can work with this as is, and it'll NEVER be made again so it could turn out to be a pretty rare piece once it's all said and done.

Yep, probably the only one which will ever be made.

BTW, I'm really looking for a Judd Holdren (Larry Martin: ZOTS) head or something close enough to pass for it but I don't know how this phicen body will work with other heads.

Anything's worth a try. As you say, this is probably our only chance of getting a Commando Cody. But then they have been working on him for years!

Heard from GH --

Hey,

Thanks for the kind words. Executive Replicas deserves much of the credit as this is really a team effort.

I think I understand the concerns, so here goes:
- the helmet does indeed fit right withe the interior pilot cap. See the studio pix.
- the hands on the sample at Nycc were designed to hold that canon, hence the weird looking thumb. The canon was too big and heavy for the display case at the show.
- the radio can be moved. Should have caught that.
- the chest control piece is held on by a magnet and is adjustable. I will double check on that
- the jacket can indeed be adjusted! But it is tailored really well. That piece got taken in and out, so it got messed with a few times.

We are super proud of it, and frankly, it is a real gem for 1:6 collections. It is one of those pieces that sci-fi collectors will be hunting down for years to come. And I have a sneaking suspicion that Rocketman is about to be popular again.

Thanks for the email!

S

Last edited:
EDIT: This came from GH the next day.

No problem. I am not sure about the magnet for production, but everything else is firm. Thanks for reaching out.

Back