Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the great review, Josh! And thanks also to everyone that has said such nice things about this piece. It really was a labor of love, and much blood, sweat, and swears went into its making, and it's nice to have it so appreciated.

Tim...Tim...TIMMAY!!!

Good job! :clap

it's not a hole, it's the eyebrow just facing downward on mine.

Why only the one eyebrow then? :confused:

lotr8.jpg

Hello dragon_around,

Mine is the same, its not a fault on your Gimli. However I have reported to SS and image sent that the tip of the Orc on mine is chipped when you look at this from the top from the side it look fine. Awaiting for their confirmation.

josh i cringe everytime you put your statues under direct sunlight like that :panic: but thanks for the nice review love those high res pictures.

Looks like the hole in the eyebrow is part of the sculpt and everyone has it, so i can rest easy now :)

I actually love the dead orc addon more than the gimli itself, is that wrong lol

It's all good. They're only outside for just a few moments so it shouldn't cause any problems. No problem! Thanks for the kind words. :duff

The dead Orc was a great addition and really sets off the piece.

Speaking of the dead orc, I don't remember if it's been asked before but how come his tunic is blue not red? Just curious.

hi, # 494 is in my house :) . Excellent piece btw. is it me or lot of people on their pictures put the main axe in the wrong direction!?!

I got ya. Not a big deal to me and something that doesn't hurt this piece at all...

I don't think it looks bad just wondering if there were actually any goblins with the blue tunic or if it was just creative license. Maybe Tim could answer? :wave

I don't think it looks bad just wondering if there were actually any goblins with the blue tunic or if it was just creative license. Maybe Tim could answer? :wave

No idea. I'll have to go back and watch FOTR, but I'm fairly certain there wasn't a uniform of the day or dress code for the orcs. Most of the Moria orcs had armor that looked as if it had been cobbled together from carious fallen foes. As far as creative license, it MAY have been decided to go with blue to offset all of the browns and reds on Gimli.

woohoo! mine converted and i got #466 of 500! Looks awesome! My first maquette from the LOTR line! yah!:clap:clap:clap

k.

Congrats spy-d :wave...this could be the beginnings of something wonder for you :yess:...welcome aboard the good ship that is the Maquette/Statue line. :hi5:

:duff
Bill

Back