Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that would be odd. I have to do the same with my old Arwen heads when my replacements get here. Never had to do this before so it will be strange to smash something.

Strange I'm feeling a thrill of anticipation. :D
You always have to be soooo careful not to damage your statues and if it still happens it really pisses you off.
No you can do it without bad conscience.

Yeah, it's a put in your stomach when you mess something up. That's why I take my time when setting them up.

Hey gang, I own this statue and am glad I do. I agree with most of the compliments, especially about all the detailing of the sculpt. And the figure pops so beautifully when contrasted with that excellent base.

But there are a couple of things about it that are less than perfect to me. The first is Gimli's emotionless expression which does not seem right considering he is in attack mode. Secondly, I don't know if it's appropriate to depict this character as athletic and flexible as this sculpt does since the pose is very dynamic and even graceful.

I give it a 9 out of 10. I would say it's the 2nd best one in the line after Gandalf.

Just my two cents. :)

Dave

Got an email saying that my waitlist order will soon be canceled as they're not expectiting to have many convertions anymore.
Damnit I'll never get this statue. <.<
Hopefully I placed my waitlist order for Boromir soon enough.

Last edited:
For you that sucks but Goethe line I think that's a good thing. Furystorm is selling his collection so you might talk with him about making a deal.

Got an email saying that my waitlist order will soon be canceled as they're not expectiting to have many convertions anymore.
Damnit I'll never get this statue. <.<
Hopefully I placed my waitlist order for Boromir soon enough.

got the same email. It would have been cool to have the EX but I am happy with my reg. Jumped on the ex for Boromir waitlist. Hope that doesnt let me down.:gah:

Back