Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not supposed to tell anyone. :lol

How the hell are ya man!? Long time no talk.

Not to get this off topic. I'm doing well, trying to stay as in touch as much as possible with the board. I browse when I can, looks like things are staying solid.

Not to get this off topic. I'm doing well, trying to stay as in touch as much as possible with the board. I browse when I can, looks like things are staying solid.

Good! Glad you're doing well. :) Man, do I miss you and many of our gang that doesn't post much around here.

So, how long will Gimli take to sell out?

With the NRD finally in place on the line, I am predicting two months!

The excl. Gandalf maquette originally reached "SOLD OUT" status 10 days after pre-ordering began. I know the economy is even worse now than it was last summer, and the excl. ES of Gimli is 100 higher than that of Gandalf, but I hope it doesn't take 2 month's to sell out. :horror

My take on some of the comments made so far...

1.) The ladder does look a little out of place but it wouldn't bother me.
2.) I have no problem with the facial expression. It looks like he's focused on the kill.
3.) Now that's an exclusive. It isn't a necessity but it adds a lot to the base.
4.) The detail seems more prominent on this Gimli than the SSW Gimli which has more subtle detail.
5.) I've mentioned this before but the chainmail on this statue looks like actual chainmail while the chainmail on the SSW Gimli is more accurate to the costume worn by JRD which doesn't look like chainmail.
6.) Someone tell me again why I'm not collecting this line? :slap :lol

Nail meet head! I think that's what i mean by 'something bugging me about the statue'.... it's not as subtle. It's very in-your-face and hard to miss. It's extreme.

I would have thought that numbers after the time the painters got into the swing of the piece, may be better versions of the piece to get, and not the lower numbered versions.

Bill

So do you think there's a china-man out there working tirelessly painting all these pieces starting from number 1 all the way through the edition size in order? :lol

If that's the case i think the paintwork would get worse as he got more tired! ;)

Nail meet head! I think that's what i mean by 'something bugging me about the statue'.... it's not as subtle. It's very in-your-face and hard to miss. It's extreme.

Are you referring to the overall statue itself or the detailing? If it's the detailing let's keep in mind hi-res photo's are always going to amplify what the naked eye can see or detect. If it's the overall statue itself then I'm afraid there's not much to say....as Gimli was about as subtle as a sledgehammer. Personally, I think had Tim gone the route of sculpting Gimli with his mouth open and eyes bugging out of his head I might have been more inclined to categorize the statue as too 'over the top' or extreme, but I think the 'controlled' facial gesture he went with really does add a touch of subtlety to the overall piece, while still not taking anything away from the real essence of the character. :dunno

Last edited:
Yeah, 90 to go, that is good news. Looks like SS's added some features to each individual product webpage as well. New "Zoom Gallery" and "Scale Representations" features. :clap

I'm so glad these are turning out well. It keeps me happy since HT is giving me a sad with their Indy and Capt. Jack figures.

Pre-ordered this one without much hesitation. After studying the pics a bit I would say that I might prefer a different more intense face sculpt. Gimli just looks relatively calm for the type of action he's in. I think a more aggressive 'battle cry' face would have complimented the pose better.

facialhair-gimli-lord-of-the-rings-590x350.jpg

They've been sending emails out every monday on one of the items in the newsletter that was up for PO.

Back