Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great, and I am really looking forward to the pre-order. This maquette line is shaping up very nicely so far.

In order to keep momentum going (in my opinion), a good time to release the next pre-order would be at Toy-Fair. It seems to me when months go bye in between pre-orders interest starts to fade (except for p.f.'s, because p.f. collectors collect many p.f.'s other than just LOTR I think).

I hope Arwen and Gimli both go up for pre-order within a month or two.

I think he looks great, really captures Gimli's "colourful" character!

Though, I'd much rather him in PF. So I'll keep waiting... patiently waiting... :impatient:

Looks great, and I am really looking forward to the pre-order. This maquette line is shaping up very nicely so far.

In order to keep momentum going (in my opinion), a good time to release the next pre-order would be at Toy-Fair. It seems to me when months go bye in between pre-orders interest starts to fade (except for p.f.'s, because p.f. collectors collect many p.f.'s other than just LOTR I think).
I hope Arwen and Gimli both go up for pre-order within a month or two.

We all know what happened to interest when SS went over 5 months without providing collectors a single piece of news relating to this line, and over 6 months between the GTG and Legolas pre-orders. I'd love to see another pre-order during ToyFair, and yeah, I think it's very important that SS keep the interest/momentum high, but to me it's a fine line. I don't want SS pumping these out at a rate where quality could potentially be compromised. Personally, I think SS can keep the momentum going, and interest high, even if they are only producing 4-5 maquettes /year....as long as they continue "keeping us in the loop". As SS has shown us the past few weeks, answering our LOTR-related questions, and providing sneak peek prod. video's are great for morale, and for keeping interest high.

We all know what happened to interest when SS went over 5 months without providing collectors a single piece of news relating to this line, and over 6 months between the GTG and Legolas pre-orders. I'd love to see another pre-order during ToyFair, and yeah, I think it's very important that SS keep the interest/momentum high, but to me it's a fine line. I don't want SS pumping these out at a rate where quality could potentially be compromised. Personally, I think SS can keep the momentum going, and interest high, even if they are only producing 4-5 maquettes /year....as long as they continue "keeping us in the loop". As SS has shown us the past few weeks, answering our LOTR-related questions, and providing sneak peek prod. video's are great for morale, and for keeping interest high.

Well said woodsy...right with you on this mate. :hi5:

Really excited about this line...hope I can keep both it and the PF line going side by side. :yess:

Bill
p.s. wish me luck :slap

Well said woodsy...right with you on this mate. :hi5:

Really excited about this line...hope I can keep both it and the PF line going side by side. :yess:

Bill
p.s. wish me luck :slap

:lol At the rate of 2 PF's /year you may not need much luck Bill. Though the Ringwraith on Steed PF slated for sometime later this year may test that theory..... :lecture

:lol At the rate of 2 PF's /year you may not need much luck Bill. Though the Ringwraith on Steed PF slated for sometime later this year may test that theory..... :lecture

Even apart from the RWOS PF woodsy, 2 PFs and 4-5 Maquettes a year is a bit of a struggle mate.:(

Morgul Lord PF on the way (half paid for), Aragorn as Strider Maquette ordered and paid for (just shipping to pay for) and GTG Maquette ordered (half paid for).

So far so good:yess:

Bill

Last edited:
That and how much he is going to cost are the two big questions on my mind NAZGUL-KING.

Bill

I don't want to guess on the price, we all know it ain't gonna be cheap. I do know that from this time on I'm saving every SS reward point to put towards this guy as it will be the ultimate LOTR centerpiece.

Any guess on when we may see some sort of confirmation or sneak peak at the RWOS PF?

My mind automatically goes to SDCC on this. I think that SS would want to show off this baby at the industry event of the year. That could put a preview/pre-order in late June or early July.

The more I think about it, the more I hope that the horse is rearing. I also hope that they give the horse red eyes (it seems like we see that in the FOTR road-side encounter scene). Not a glaring, flat red but something more subtle.

I'm with Valarauko on this one, SDCC would be the perfect time to launch a RWOS PF. As for a sneak peek.....Toyfair or Fantacular would be nice but who knows. :dunno

GimliMaquette.png

This okay for you DinoDB1975.

Bill

Belated thank you, Bill. The video posted on the Sideshow Collectors site was blocked on my browser at work Friday, but had I thought to go to the Sideshow Collectibles website on Friday, I would have seen it the video there... :slap

Belated thank you, Bill. The video posted on the Sideshow Collectors site was blocked on my browser at work Friday, but had I thought to go to the Sideshow Collectibles website on Friday, I would have seen it the video there... :slap

DOH!:slap

No worries mate, glad to be of help.

Hope you got to see the video in the end DinoDB...the little guy is looking good, don't you think. :clap

Bill

I'll be the nit-picker. Shouldn't the beard be a a little reddish?

:D

I'm sure it's just the way its shot The Ween. The colour looks subdued overall in the image. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the final piece mate.

Bill

I'm pretty sure you're right Bill, though after looking at some of the screencaps of Gimli, his hair colour appears to be significantly darker during the Mines of Moria scenes, no doubt because of the lighting.

Gimlipeek-1.png

LotR_FotR2428.jpg

Last edited:
DOH!:slap

No worries mate, glad to be of help.

Hope you got to see the video in the end DinoDB...the little guy is looking good, don't you think. :clap

Bill

With ToyFair now less than two weeks away I'm really hoping to see more of the Gimli maquette....better yet, a Gimli pre-order during Toyfair would be the highlight of the event as far as I'm concerned. :pray:

I'm all for the Gimli MQ being put up during Toy Fair, as long as it doesn't interfere with the Mordor Orc PF. It appears that we could be seeing a new MQ every other month but PFs come up so slowly. I would expect to see the "G" man during March's Fantacular (since Leggy went up in January).

Of course, now that we're all talking about Gimli as the next offering, SS will give us Arwen or .......a Prologue Elven Warrior!:yess:

(Actually, I'm still praying that the PEW will be a PF!!)

Last edited:
SS has been lying to us:horror
there is no Gimli mq coming out :slap:gah:
Its really a Premium format:yess::clap:yess:
well we can only wish :pray:

Back