Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait...

The PF is going to be bigger and go with the Gandalf, Legolas and Aragorn premium format. Will not collect a new line that is not much cheaper but smaller.

The PF is going to be bigger and go with the Gandalf, Legolas and Aragorn premium format. Will not collect a new line that is not much cheaper but smaller.

The thing is, you're probably not going to get a Gimli PF.

The thing is, you're probably not going to get a Gimli PF.

Yeah Mesa, who knows when we'll ever get one. :( They may string us on for a bit while entice us to buy the maquette line, but they did say we will get one eventually. Not sure how long that is, maybe when we're all old an Gandalfy.

From 'Ask Sideshow'

Will we ever see a Gimli Premium Format? He would look amazing next to Aragorn and Legolas…

Yes, I do believe you’ll *eventually* see a Gimli PF….

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=22695

Last edited:
He must be referring to the 12" line. Some upcoming LoTR PFs were previewed during SDCC.

So, it's not a comiquette? Sorry, I don't know the difference. Either way, I'm happy. Gimli FTW!:winner

Thank you, Jeebus!:blissy

day_6.jpg

I posted this in the Arwen thread:

"I re-watched both the Toyfair Lord of the Rings Inside Look video from 2/16/10 and the SDCC LOTR Panel video from 7/22/10 hoping to get an idea of what the exclusive could be for Arwen, but no go. The video panel showed the concept drawings of Aragorn, Gandalf and Legolas, and all three concept drawings featured the exclusive pieces: Aragorn's non-hooded head sculpt (confirmed), Gandalf's alternate extended arm with his staff (confirmed), and Legolas' switch out hands featuring his White Knives (unconfirmed as of yet, but 99.9999% probable).

The SDCC video showed two concepts drawings of Arwen, but the camera was panning up; the bottom drawing must be the EX concept, but the camera only showed the neck / head area before showing the regular versions concept art."

I used the same process to try and deduce the exclusive for Gimli.

I'm going to say the exclusive will be the orc / dwarf skeleton on the base.

Gimli's concept art:

2mpd0g5.png

As with the concept art of the other LOTR maquettes, two sketches are shown. However, unlike the concept sketches of Aragorn, Legolas, and Gandalf, both of Gimli's sketches are not shown together in full.

LOTR Maquette teaser from 2010 12 Days of Christmas:

2ugcswl.jpg

You will notice that the regular editions of each maquette are shown. This is an educated guess based on the fact that the Aragorn and Gandalf maquettes are the regular version, and it could be deduced that the Legolas, Arwen, and Gimli maquettes are the regular versions as well. Now, I know that Gimli is masked in shadow, but you'll notice that there is no shape near the base where the dwarf skeleton would be from the concept art.

Orc / Dwarf skeleton base EX.

Back