Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill,

Thanks for the photoshop work, the level of detail that you can see in the silhouette shot is already very promising. I like the pose, and the base looks to be a nice way to give a shorter stature character a little height on the shelf!
No worries Seaward,
yeah he does look very detailed :clap.
I was quite worried about the pose when I first saw the concept art (a little super-hero looking) for my liking...but it's kind of growing on me now.

Looking forward to seeing some more pics of him...but he does look great so far :yess:.

Bill

Hi Lorcs, Aragorn and Gandalf were the first two offered, and are shipping Q1 and Q2 this year respectively. Legolas has been on deck for a while, and the rumor around here is that we will be able to preorder Legolas sometime in January, and I would expect him to be a Q3 release date. After that, it could be Gimli or Arwen next, but it really is anybody's guess. Hopefully we see more of Gimli soon, with a release in Q4, so Sideshow can get to work on the Premium Format Gimli!!

Hi Lorcs, Aragorn and Gandalf were the first two offered, and are shipping Q1 and Q2 this year respectively. Legolas has been on deck for a while, and the rumor around here is that we will be able to preorder Legolas sometime in January, and I would expect him to be a Q3 release date. After that, it could be Gimli or Arwen next, but it really is anybody's guess. Hopefully we see more of Gimli soon, with a release in Q4, so Sideshow can get to work on the Premium Format Gimli!!

Yeah, it's really hard to say though at the moment I'm leaning towards Arwen first. Based on what we've seen of Gimli so far I'm not even sure if he's finished. Arwen on the other hand, looks good to go.

Yeah, it's really hard to say though at the moment I'm leaning towards Arwen first. Based on what we've seen of Gimli so far I'm not even sure if he's finished. Arwen on the other hand, looks good to go.

Yeah I agree, Arwen first IMHO. Can't argue with logic like this :yess:.

Bill

I think they must get some kind of twisted pleasure in throwing us the occasional curveball. :gah:

They are just smart, they know what the community is waiting for and just hold back while unleashing stuff that you won't get along the way to your final destination. Think of it as putting a candy bar next to the checkout in the supermarket.

They are just smart, they know what the community is waiting for and just hold back while unleashing stuff that you won't get along the way to your final destination. Think of it as putting a candy bar next to the checkout in the supermarket.

I believe they've already tried that marketing strategy with the now dead LSB and dio. lines. Somehow, I don't think SS's going to head down that road for a 3rd time. If they do, I will use a word that starts with "s" to describe them.....and it won't be smart. :duh

Its not a bad idea in a line that fans support and I don't think till now with the maquettes they've really had one.

Its not a bad idea in a line that fans support and I don't think till now with the maquettes they've really had one.

That's a pretty good point. Though one could argue the LSB line got off to a fantastic start before things went south. Still, if SS can manage to keep the quality of the maquette line where it is today I don't think they'll have much trouble with fan support, regardless of the character.

Agreed! If things stay on track as they are now this I believe will have a chance with the hobbit coming up to repeat some of the things we saw with the first statue line.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ggbi6ijFuXE" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

:panic: :panic: :clap

Can someone save the pic and re-post it? I can't see Masterside's original post, my company's web browser blocks it.

Back