Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seventeenk.jpg

Looked like Chinese calligraphy at first, then I readjusted my eyes... :D

Thanks for your patience! Working on pictures now.

I have to say that this line is starting to make me feel like I haven't felt in ten years when it comes to collectibles. It was the SS/W line that got me started and this really does bring back those kind of memories--but I have to risk offending people when I say that I wouldn't trade any of these pieces for their SS/W counterparts. This line is really shaping up to be something special and it makes me feel like I did when I first started collecting. Gimli is a total success and a great addition to the line. I'm really hooked at this point.

I know that people with better cameras and superior lighting and photography skills will have far better contributions, but I'll be happy to get the ball rolling:

dsc00089tf.jpg

Lots of pieces. No magnets involved, and I've already had the large axe head fall out while turning the piece, and the axes on his left side don't go in all the way because they are partially blocked by his beard. Also, the ladder on the back doesn't go all the way in and you can see a bit of the peg between the base and the ladder. But not a big deal at all. Just tiny nitpicks on a grade "A" statue.

dsc00094su.jpg

looking good man. looking very very good. congrats on this one. mine will be here wednesday and looking from your pics i think everyone who pulled the trigger on this statue hit a home run. MORE PICS PLEASE

thanks for your pictures tomandshell. i think i just wet my pants.:eek they all looked awesome.:gimli

Last edited:
I do apologize for the harsh lighting in my display cabinet. I'm sure we will get some professional quality pics eventually, but hopefully these will give you an idea how great this piece turned out!

Thank you Tomandshell! :clap Awesome representation of Gimli!!

But please can you take one picture of the portrait? :pray:

Back