GI Joe: The Movie (1987) coming to Blu-Ray!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20090909-You-Lie.jpg

Either that or you're just trying to justify picking it up on a format that's all but irrelevant for a movie animated in the same fashion as the cartoon.

lol, nope. I had a dad that didn't shy way from movies. Saw Mad Max, Road Warrior, Friday the 13th , Conan the Barbarian all in original release at the theaters.

lol, nope. I had a dad that didn't shy way from movies. Saw Mad Max, Road Warrior, Friday the 13th , Conan the Barbarian all in original release at the theaters.

That's awesome. Conan on the big screen? Nice. I had to wait for VHS for all of those. First R-rated flick I saw at the theater was Lethal Weapon and then Robocop that same year on my birthday. The friend who went with me literally went and vomitted in the bathroom after the ED-209 unloaded on the guy in the beginning.

That's awesome. Conan on the big screen? Nice. I had to wait for VHS for all of those. First R-rated flick I saw at the theater was Lethal Weapon and then Robocop that same year on my birthday. The friend who went with me literally went and vomitted in the bathroom after the ED-209 unloaded on the guy in the beginning.

:horror Did he wear panties too?

yea, at the Almonte 6 in sw okc. saw lots of movies there. ROTJ, Jaws 3, man with two brains, lots of memories there.

As for the Joe movie, I'm sure it was done in the same ratio as the original transformers movie.

Worth picking up for the intro, for sure. Too bad most of the rest of the movie is crap.

Cobra-La is for proles.

It isn't that bad, it's got Burgess Meredith at least.

It's funny how many people won't admit nowadays, how cool they thought it was that Don Johnson was voicing Falcon when the cartoon first aired. I was stoked, until I saw what an utter pantywaist the was. It ruined my favorite Joe. :lol

In my opinion, it is a very enjoyable cartoon movie, despite the Cobra La stuff and Sgt. Slaughter as the "ultimate Joe" (I never really cared for him or his portrayal as an unstoppable machine in the cartoon). Retains the spirit of the animated series, much like the Transformers movie does despite it doing away with the majority of characters from the show and containing death, etc.

In my opinion, it is a very enjoyable cartoon movie, despite the Cobra La stuff and Sgt. Slaughter as the "ultimate Joe" (I never really cared for him or his portrayal as an unstoppable machine in the cartoon). Retains the spirit of the animated series, much like the Transformers movie does despite it doing away with the majority of characters from the show and containing death, etc.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I thought it would have been cooler if they let Duke die.

:horror Did he wear panties too?

:lol My dad and I still joke about wondering if he was scarred for life. He spent the rest of the movie standing in the doorway to the auditorium in case he had to make another "exit".

Anyway, more reasons to pick up GI Joe: The Movie later this year; Shout! apparently plans to release it for the first time ever in its original widescreen aspect ratio (which has never before seen the light of day due to its theatrical release being cancelled on account of poor box office from the Transformers and My Little Pony movies.)

Its also going to have a commentary track from Buzz Dixon, writer of many of the TV episodes.

https://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/GI-Joe-The-Movie/13448

Good news for you cheapskates, it'll be on both Blu Ray and Standard Def DVD.

:lol My dad and I still joke about wondering if he was scarred for life. He spent the rest of the movie standing in the doorway to the auditorium in case he had to make another "exit".

Anyway, more reasons to pick up GI Joe: The Movie later this year; Shout! apparently plans to release it for the first time ever in its original widescreen aspect ratio (which has never before seen the light of day due to its theatrical release being cancelled on account of poor box office from the Transformers and My Little Pony movies.)

Its also going to have a commentary track from Buzz Dixon, writer of many of the TV episodes.

https://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/GI-Joe-The-Movie/13448

Good news for you cheapskates, it'll be on both Blu Ray and Standard Def DVD.

I never could understand those kinds of people. I get walking out of a flick if it's distasteful or just plain awful, but vomiting, passing out or having a heart attack, that's beyond rational.

WTF is a prole?

Proles is a term used in George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four to refer to the working class of Oceania (i.e. the proletariat).

In the novel, the society of Oceania is divided into 3 distinct classes: Inner Party, Outer Party, and proles (upper, middle, and lower classes, respectively). The proles constitute 85% of the population. They receive little education, work at jobs in which tough physical labour is the norm, live in poverty (but qualitatively richer than the Outer Party members with regard to certain freedoms inherent to their relative anonymity), and usually die by the age of sixty.

Look like Irish was using it as a metaphor for "you don't have a clue." My guess is you can add "someone incapable of typing 'prole' into the address window of their browser" as well. :p

Uhm...I think it means I just got served? Maybe a hot plate of you're a dumb____ and you should have memorised Orwell's (high school required reading) classic? :lol

Uhm...I think it means I just got served? Maybe a hot plate of you're a dumb____ and you should have memorised Orwell's (high school required reading) classic? :lol

Actually, to be fair, I had to look it up too. Spent my time in HS , with required reading by Steinbeck, Lee :)monkey4), Homer, Kesey, Poe and Nordhoff.

It's cool, I was just funnin'! But yeah some of those that you mention were required reading, and Beowulf of course.

Back