GI Joe: The Movie (1987) coming to Blu-Ray!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
From Brian Ward of Shout! (the company producing the current season sets for the animated series)'s Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/BWard028/status/9901567012

:rock

GIJoe_TheMovie_SE_BLU.jpg

Last edited:
I'll bite, I wonder if there is a theatrical print out there. Standard DVD for me too, toons are fine in SD. The only difference I've seen is Sleeping Beauty from SD to HD.

It's been forever since I've seen it. Looking it up on IMDB I was disappointed to see the OAR is 1.33:1. Oh well though, I'll buy it to complete the Sunbow series I've bought recently.

Watching those have been pretty fun. The only grating thing is Barbecue's voice. We New Englanders don't all sound like the Kennedys.

Blu Ray is better than SD, because the edges are crisper, so it looks like a moving painting instead of watching regular tv.

I wonder how much better the Blu Ray will look than the DVD, if any. Seems like the imperfections of the source material would be more pronounced. Good thing Lady Jaye is on the cover, btw. If there was any character essential to that movie, it was Lady Jaye.

Might pick it up, since I never bought the regular DVD. Does anyone know if the Blu-ray has any extras worth buying it for?

Back