Action Figure GI JOE Kitbash Parts Help and Trade Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone got an idea on Lady jaye's shoulder/ unit patch? what it is? what it belongs too? i've seen it as a Club/ Clover, i've seen it as an arrowhead. Not sure which it is meant to be.

A variation of this.

us-army-acu-uniform-unit-4th-psychological-warfare-group-hearts-and-minds-velcro-patch-800x1035.jpg

Yeah, Lady Jaye's patch doesn't correspond to any current or former patch. I would agree with Evil that it is this patch or a variation of the old 1st SOCOM patch.

anyone got an idea on Lady jaye's shoulder/ unit patch? what it is? what it belongs too? i've seen it as a Club/ Clover, i've seen it as an arrowhead. Not sure which it is meant to be.

Its a SOCOM airborne patch, but it should be an arrowhead in an oval with airborne print above it.

awesome. what about her wings on her chest and hat?

and gotta deside on her uniform color..... should be an olive green shirt... but pants.....

Last edited:
awesome. what about her wings on her chest and hat?

and gotta deside on her uniform color..... should be an olive green shirt... but pants.....

On the original figure and card art she had a set of "jump wings" on her cap and a full body flight suit with white tee underneath. If you're going to do the cartoon look with the pants and shirt you don't the cap unless you want to. She never wore one in it.

planning more of a "modern interpretation" of lady jaye. mixed bag of parts, taking notes from each version, Hat's too easy not to add/ have as an option, as it's justa black cap with jump wings.

i like the two-toned scheme from the cartoon, and i had a friend unload some of his custom parts on me since he is getting out of the hobby. got a few female G2 uniforms, so i'm bleaching and re-dying them for scarlet and lady jaye. considering using them for some others as well. got realy lucky on this :D

anyways, end result will be something of a hybrid of this

41707.jpg

and this

ladyjaye8.jpg

leaning towards this for the top
0133egDF7sL._SS100_.jpg

and this for the pants

11CezmIcv1L._SS100_.jpg

thoughts?

as do i, though i'm using this head. Considering resculting the hair a little, but it's awful close as is,AND fits under a hat , so i can go hat, or no hat.

blog440.jpg

REpainted her lips to be a bit darker also... the pale lips just seemed to fade into the face too much for me.

That's cool I've seen it used before by someone on OSW. It works but some additional sculpted bangs could make it a little prettier.

planning more of a "modern interpretation" of lady jaye. mixed bag of parts, taking notes from each version, Hat's too easy not to add/ have as an option, as it's justa black cap with jump wings.

i like the two-toned scheme from the cartoon, and i had a friend unload some of his custom parts on me since he is getting out of the hobby. got a few female G2 uniforms, so i'm bleaching and re-dying them for scarlet and lady jaye. considering using them for some others as well. got realy lucky on this :D

anyways, end result will be something of a hybrid of this

View attachment 138217

and this

View attachment 138218

leaning towards this for the top
View attachment 138219

and this for the pants

View attachment 138220

thoughts?

Might be hard to track down appropriate top and pants and then to dye them. But have at it. Also, what body are you planning to use?

already got pants and shirt.

Pants are a Female G2 uniform set, pants

M037-08B.JPG

i then took those, and bleached them .

unnamed.jpg

also bleached another pair, and ths shirt was bleached too, the extra pair and the shirt are for a modern Scarlet.

i've dyed the pants, but they're not QUITE dark enough. But i might just roll with it.

for her shirt, i'm using a triad toys Abigail van helsing abi12.jpgabi12.jpg. It's more of a Light Olive-tan color, so it needs to be dyed green as well.
Trying to pick a lighter green, as Olive dye i DId get for the shirt turner out to be THE SAME COLOR AS THE SHIRT ALREADY WAS :/

Yes, its missing the pockets, but it's Close enough, and a nice light color, so when i get the correct color, it will dye eaisly.

As for body, i'm leaning towards the Very Cool toys female bodies. OR the new play toy Ver 2 bodies.

already got pants and shirt.

Pants are a Female G2 uniform set, pants

View attachment 139880

i then took those, and bleached them .

View attachment 139883

also bleached another pair, and ths shirt was bleached too, the extra pair and the shirt are for a modern Scarlet.

i've dyed the pants, but they're not QUITE dark enough. But i might just roll with it.

for her shirt, i'm using a triad toys Abigail van helsing View attachment 139886View attachment 139886. It's more of a Light Olive-tan color, so it needs to be dyed green as well.
Trying to pick a lighter green, as Olive dye i DId get for the shirt turner out to be THE SAME COLOR AS THE SHIRT ALREADY WAS :/

Yes, its missing the pockets, but it's Close enough, and a nice light color, so when i get the correct color, it will dye eaisly.

As for body, i'm leaning towards the Very Cool toys female bodies. OR the new play toy Ver 2 bodies.

Don't get that Triad Toys shirt. I think you're fine with what you have now. Like how you bleached the suit. Care to share your bleach process? I also can't believe the threads didn't bleached as well.

Sure. i simply took a pot, filled it with bleach, put on some rubber gloves, got the clothes wet, and put the m in the bleach, stirred, pulld them out, and wrung them out, put them back into the bleach, stirred, removed, washed, wrung them out, back into the bleach, etc etc etc.

Once finished with the bleaching, you need to De-activate the bleach with a chemical reaction, or it will slowly destroy the fabric. the easiest way to do this is to soak the clothes in hydrogen peroxide for a few min.

the threads didn't bleach, as MOST thread used for stitching these days is some some sort of synthetic fiber. i GUESS that's becuase it's cheaper and stronger. but you CAN'T bleach poly materials. they're essentially colored plastic.

The shirt in the picture, and the other pair of pants have already been dyed a gunmetal Blue/grey color, for use on Scarlet. Also, when i test-fith the shirt on another female body, the sticthing around the zipper tore free. guess the bleach might have weakened it. not sure. Put some fabric glue on it to keep it from fraying. it'll be fine for Scarlet however, as I'm taking a baroness chestplate, and have dremmeld the cobra logo off it. i'll be sanding that area smooth, and painting the chestplate Tan. so scarlet will have a grey military uniform, and a chestplate, as opposed to grey spandex and a tan unitard on top.

ALREADY got the triad shirt, had it for a while, although, i'm considering getting another female G2 shirt for lady Jaye. Regardless, gonna need some more green dye :lol

Back