GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Ok just got back from 12 different stores. 5 Wal-Marts, 5 Targets, 2 Toys R Us
and... no BATS

Simply the shipment or waves of those have not came to STL yet (along with the snow trooper)

But I did get these this week...

IMG_0965.jpg

Here's what I picked up today!!! Not bad for not getting any BATS, I did pick up some guys/gals I didn't have... (Tiger Force Flint twice because I picked one up at a store with the slightest crease but I'm mega picky LOL)

IMG_0968.jpg

Toy R Us had Sigma 6 guys, usually I'm not interested in these but I was looking for the Zartan last night on eBay and I can't believe my eyes that they were there today at TRU!!! I thought these were long gone, well there were 3 Zartans and 1 Storm Shadow, so I picked a couple Zartans I should of bought all three of them, I've heard they are hard to find! (The Storm Shadow I only like the all white/red version of Storm Shadow which I all ready have, this was a non-cool different version though so I wasn't tempted)

IMG_0967.jpg

p.s. I also some Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow 12" figures but these just don't do it for me, looked kinda dumb IMO. Oh there were still a few 25th Anniversary carded figures still out but I had all of them that were in stock.

So far for the BAT hunt, FAILURE!!!!

Last edited:

I'm from Ohio and was visiting a friend near Lexington, Kentucky this weekend. Made a run to 2 different Wal-Marts. Both had tons of all he new figures. There were at least 5 of each of Wild Bill (I know he's not new), Barbeque, Bazooka, Snow Serpent and BATs! I picked up a Snow Serpent and a BAT for myself and one of each for my friend and his son (they both collect them, which is great to see kids enjoying these!).

Now, I just have to sit back and wait for the next wave. Hopefully, there won't be more DVD packs that interest me so I can save money for future waves. I just couldn't pass up Lady Jaye as her cartoon counterpart. :D

Good hauls, both of you guys!

And keep at it, Ski...you'll get lucky eventually. Joes just seem to move a little slower in my area.

I bought Duke (with jetpack and flag) and the Arctic Snake-Eyes (no where's my Kwinn?).

I doubt they would. I can't even imagine how big the original steel molds would be if they are even still around.

I went to wal mart and I came across two B.A.T. It took me a while to find them would go the the store at six and ask them if I could stock the product for them. sometime they would and wouldn't but got them and also found two wave 1 snake eyes with timber

I've been really lucky to pick up the entire wave, including a BAT and Snow Serpent. In my area (really, all of Canada) the Joes are few and far between. It really is a nice wave, and I'm gonna need five more BATs and Snow Serpents. Probably have to get them online though.

I've been really lucky to pick up the entire wave, including a BAT and Snow Serpent. In my area (really, all of Canada) the Joes are few and far between. It really is a nice wave, and I'm gonna need five more BATs and Snow Serpents. Probably have to get them online though.

Probably will, but won't be easy to find large lots of BATs from online stores, and very expensive to buy individually through eBay.

Probably will, but won't be easy to find large lots of BATs from online stores, and very expensive to buy individually through eBay.

Well, the way I see it, I pay around $8 plus tax per figure anyway, if I can even find them. You think it's bad in the States, it's crazy here. IF Walmart restocks them, they only put up two of each figure. TRU isn't much better.

So considering what we pay for gas nowadays, sometimes I don't mind paying $8-10 for an army-builder. I only army-build up to six when it comes to 25th figures anyway. I've picked up a couple small lots and only need two more BATs and one more Snow Serpent. Gotta fight that temptation to get new stuff immediately - Hasbro's been a lot better at giving us more army-builder figures, we'll see more of them later on. (Just look at how easy it is to get Vipers and CGs nowadays.)

Oh, exactly...that's why I bought my last B.A.T. online rather than driving around to the 2 Wal-Marts and 1 target in my area and burning up gas.

Come to think of it, gas prices are my normal excuse for buying most stuff online :lol

I have NOT found Wave 9 in stores...just got my shipment from BBTS. I see why the BATs are flying off the shelves, they are VERY cool and well designed. Kind of disappointed that we've got Ninja-Ku instead of some other new character (How about Slice or Dice if you HAVE to put a ninja in there, Hasbro? Or Sei'tan?...wait Slice and Dice is a future comic pack waiting to happen!)

With the exception of a few figures, I'm not too excited about Waves 10-12. I'm looking forward to Zartan most of all with Mutt,Airborne,Croc Master,etc. being secondary but not as thrilling. I think Hasbro is ramping up for the G.I. Joe movie figures...which hopefully won't be so bad...I am looking forward to Snake-Eyes...oh and Hasbro...PLEASE NO ACTION FEATURES..make the movie figures JUST like the 25th figures.

Have you guys seen Wave 12? It's basically repaints and re-releases.

Yup, the next couple of waves aren't as exciting, but there's a few figures in there I want.

Wave 10:
Mutt & Junkyard
Croc Master
Cobra paratrooper
Wraith (maybe)

Wave 11:
EELs x2
Zartan
Airborne X2 (one to convert to a Steel Brigade trooper)
Pilot Scarlett
Cobra Flint

Wave 12:
complete pass

Man, our local store is WAY behind on this line. I guess I'm going to have to shell out a few extra bucks for some online.

One thing I've noticed (and this pains me, being an Indy fan), is that these GI Joes are flying off the shelves and the Indy stock is overflowing!

Dude same thing with the SW figures!!! All that ^^^^^ is over flowing and as soon as I make to the aisle with the gi joes, peg hooks are blown away empty, WTF!!!

Kind of disappointed that we've got Ninja-Ku instead of some other new character.

I collect the old international figures, so a REAL Ninja-Ku would have been great. If he had been black I would have bought one, but as it's really just another Storm Shadow version, I left it on the shelves. I will NOT buy every Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander version they give us, unless they're worth it, and all the repaints rarely are...

Yup, the next couple of waves aren't as exciting, but there's a few figures in there I want.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to them too:

Wave 10:
Tiger Force Duke - most definitely, pics indicate his arms have been fixed somewhat, and I like Tiger Force
Mutt & Junkyard - definitely
Croc Master - definitely
Cobra Paratrooper - maybe... I'm not crazy about figures that weren't in the original line, usually, but this looks pretty cool!
Cobra Bazooka Trooper - I think I'll buy a couple for a little two-man team, they fit in with the originals enough I think
Wraith - BIG maybe, not a fan of the Devil's Due stuff, and I'm not crazy about the pics I've seen so far. We'll see. Probably get the clear version if I see it.

Wave 11:
EELs - I'll get 6
Zartan - Finally a decent Zartan!
Airborne - Probably my favourite of these two waves!
Pilot Scarlett - I don't know...
Cobra Flint - We'll see about this too...
Trakker - Not really interested.

Wave 12:
I'll get Tripwire (if he has the smooth pads) and probably 4-6 Python Crimson Guards. The rest, probably not...

finally found flash yesterday at wm. also picked up general hawk and major bludd. i am digging hawk more than i thought i would. i was just kind of 'meh' when i saw him initially but after i opened him up i think he is pretty cool.

The Hawk figure to me never felt like the leader of the Joe's, I guess it's because I was always a Duke fan but then later this Hawk guy comes up out of nowhere and he's in charge, I never got that as a kid and I still don't now, LOL. (still the same feelings on Hawk this time around as well)

1982 Hawk looked like a regular trooper, I have the file card on him but I haven't read to see if it stated he was the general and duke was in second in command...

Back