GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

I had a nice little surprise the other day, while rummaging through some boxes I discovered a stash of older Joes.
So I still have the original Dusty and Original Storm Shadow version 2. Both are in excellent condition as I think I bought these later from a friend to replace my long gone beaten and battered Joes. Too bad they're both missing their weapons and packs.

It goes to show you how much I liked version 2 of Storm Shadow. :D
Can't wait to get the 25th Dusty and compare the two now!

I wasn't much of a fan of the version 2 Shadow, my first love was always version 1, around 8-10 years old I had three opened and 4 unopened version 1 Shadows at the time being...

I wasn't much of a fan of the version 2 Shadow, my first love was always version 1, around 8-10 years old I had three opened and 4 unopened version 1 Shadows at the time being...

I always thought V1 had a weird ass head, something looked very odd about that one. I had him but he yellowed very quickly and fell out of favor.
I own two 25th V2 Storm Shadows, one on card and one on display. I'm still missing 25th V1 Storm Shadow, I was hoping to get the first box set but they disappeared fast before I had a chance to buy one, the local Toys R Us literally had several one weekend but when I returned the following weekend with some money, they were all gone.
I still want that Cobra Box set.

I always thought V1 had a weird ass head, something looked very odd about that one. I had him but he yellowed very quickly and fell out of favor.
I own two 25th V2 Storm Shadows, one on card and one on display. I'm still missing 25th V1 Storm Shadow, I was hoping to get the first box set but they disappeared fast before I had a chance to buy one, the local Toys R Us literally had several one weekend but when I returned the following weekend with some money, they were all gone.
I still want that Cobra Box set.

Yes I guess it sort of is weird, some of them r painting differently and that had a lil bit to do with it but if it's the shape ur not happy wit, there's no hope LOL!

I have v1 and v2 anniversary, I had to get v1 from eBay so I bought a few of those, I found v2 at target and the GI JOE and Cobra Box set I found at my local Toy R Us but I was on the hunt that day. Sometimes I just tour all of Saint Louis stopping at all the Wal-Marts, Targets and Toy R Us, makes for a nice Saturday trip with my GPS telling me directions to certain areas I'm not familiar with.

Now target had these lames versions (non-25th anniversary) which were the ones I cared about in the first place. I really don't like the new cards and it seems like the 25th annies were really not out for a long time in circulation...

Found the last wave of Joes atone of my Wal-Marts today and picked up two B.A.T.s. These guys are incredible! Very nice remake of the original figure.

Found the last wave of Joes atone of my Wal-Marts today and picked up two B.A.T.s. These guys are incredible! Very nice remake of the original figure.

Congrats. Those figures are HTF, it seems like whenever i find wave 9 on pegs, they're missing the B.A.T.s and Snow Serpents. Fortunately, i ordered my sets online. IMO, the latest single carded figures are pretty solid figures.

Congrats. Those figures are HTF, it seems like whenever i find wave 9 on pegs, they're missing the B.A.T.s and Snow Serpents. Fortunately, i ordered my sets online. IMO, the latest single carded figures are pretty solid figures.

Yup, both of those sell very well here. I ended up with 3 B.A.T.s and one Snow Seperent via my Wal-Mart that gets less traffic. I picked up one each for teh rest of the wave, but that damn Major Bludd still eludes me! I finally broke down on got one off eBay.

Ok, I'm goin TODAY to check out these BATS, wish me luck on the hunt!

Good luck, man! :rock

I'm still looking for 1 more BATs...want one on display with each hand attachment :D My local Target hasn't gotten their shipment in yet, so I'm watching them like a Hawk (if you can forgive the pun)

Lucky day today!
Picked up a Gen Hawk, Bazooka, and Barbecue last night on HasbroToy.com.
Then swung by Target today and found a ton of Joes just placed on the pegs that moment!
picked up another Hawk, Bazooka, and Torpedo for opening and also got a Snow Serpent, Wild Bill, Armadillo & Steeler Vs. Serpentor Chariot, and the Mass Device DVD pack.
Unfortunately the Snow Serpent had a smashed card but the figure is okay. I wanted to just get one on card not to open but I now may open this one.
Almost got another Barbecue, but didn't really feel like I'd want one opened.
I'm still missing the entire 8th series (the one with Major Bludd) and Jet Pack Duke, BATs, and a mint on card Snow Serpent.
These are a real pain to collect.

Also saw the Black Storm Shadow in person and he looked extremely cool, but his card was completely torn apart. :(
Hope to find another one in better condition.

Good luck, man! :rock

I'm still looking for 1 more BATs...want one on display with each hand attachment :D My local Target hasn't gotten their shipment in yet, so I'm watching them like a Hawk (if you can forgive the pun)

Thnks man, dude I found nothing I might take a gander at it tomorrow at other Targets, I saw a few of the others guys but no BATS! MOTHER OF GD!

Lucky day today!
Picked up a Gen Hawk, Bazooka, and Barbecue last night on HasbroToy.com.
Then swung by Target today and found a ton of Joes just placed on the pegs that moment!
picked up another Hawk, Bazooka, and Torpedo for opening and also got a Snow Serpent, Wild Bill, Armadillo & Steeler Vs. Serpentor Chariot, and the Mass Device DVD pack.
Unfortunately the Snow Serpent had a smashed card but the figure is okay. I wanted to just get one on card not to open but I now may open this one.
Almost got another Barbecue, but didn't really feel like I'd want one opened.
I'm still missing the entire 8th series (the one with Major Bludd) and Jet Pack Duke, BATs, and a mint on card Snow Serpent.
These are a real pain to collect.

Also saw the Black Storm Shadow in person and he looked extremely cool, but his card was completely torn apart. :(
Hope to find another one in better condition.

Yeah these were the guys that I saw, I'm kind of hesitant to pic these figures up though, they are not totally my favs... I saw the Black Storm Shadow as well, I'm was very close in getting him but I just don't dig the international series stuff!

I don't really find myself as addicted to the BATs as a lot of folks, but Snow Serpents? Oh yeah! A couple more and I think I'm gonna make a dio for them. They were definitely a favaorute as a kid!

Just got a bunch of stuff recently.

HISS
Vamp
Hawk
BAT Trooper
Snow Serpent
Serpentor's Chariot

This stuff is addicting.

BTW I have some extra figures from my cases: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1093052#post1093052. I know a few of you are looking for some of these.

Absolutely...the great thing is with a line like this, I can pick and choose what I want more easily from different versions of the same characters and don't feel too guilty about it. And if you want multiples...who cares? Can't argue at $7-8 each :)

Ok I broke down and picked up these Joe's at Target today!
1) Black Storm Shadow
2) Wild Bill
3) General Hawk
4) Bazooka

Could of picked up the play sets with vehicles: Trouble Bubble, Serpentor's Chariot and the Hiss but I backed off... LOL will power son!

I don't really find myself as addicted to the BATs as a lot of folks, but Snow Serpents? Oh yeah! A couple more and I think I'm gonna make a dio for them. They were definitely a favaorute as a kid!

Are you getting the Cobra Snow Serpent pack? It looks very cool.

Ok I broke down and picked up these Joe's at Target today!
1) Black Storm Shadow
2) Wild Bill
3) General Hawk
4) Bazooka

Could of picked up the play sets with vehicles: Trouble Bubble, Serpentor's Chariot and the Hiss but I backed off... LOL will power son!

That will only get you so far. I decided not to get the VAMP on Friday and went shopping today and snagged it, so my will power was gone by two days.

I was a bit disappointed in Bazooka. Opened him up and the guy has been hitting the gym non stop since the cartoon went off the air. He was never a bodybuilder so I'm very disappointed in what could've been a great figure.
I feel they're planing on reusing this body for Outback so they decided to give Bazook the same build. :(

I was a bit disappointed in Bazooka. Opened him up and the guy has been hitting the gym non stop since the cartoon went off the air. He was never a bodybuilder so I'm very disappointed in what could've been a great figure.
I feel they're planing on reusing this body for Outback so they decided to give Bazook the same build. :(

Yeah I could see Outback having that build a lil more than Bazooka LOL! I forgot what the 12" Bazooka looked like but I don't think he was all guns blazin stocky like the 3 3/4?

Yeah I could see Outback having that build a lil more than Bazooka LOL! I forgot what the 12" Bazooka looked like but I don't think he was all guns blazin stocky like the 3 3/4?

Come to think of it, 'Zooka WAS hitting the gym pretty hard in the Devil's Due series trying to get back in shape to rejoin GI Joe. Inspiration from here, perhaps?

I also saw the 12" version at Target and he had the same sized body as all the other 12" Hasbro figures. The 12" one is much close to his Cartoon and Marvel Comics counterpart.

Cryoguns said:
Come to think of it, 'Zooka WAS hitting the gym pretty hard in the Devil's Due series trying to get back in shape to rejoin GI Joe. Inspiration from here, perhaps?
If that's the case then he went way past fighting form, he's actually bigger then Gung-Ho and a little bigger then Roadblock. :(

Back