POP TOYS 1/6 Saint Knight 10th Anniversary Jeanne d'Arc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Pop Toys Jeanne commemmorative 1.jpg
Pop Toys Jeanne commemmorative 3.jpg
Pop Toys Jeanne commemmorative 2.jpg
Pop Toys Jeanne commemmorative 4.jpg
Pop Toys Jeanne commemmorative 5.jpg
Pop Toys Jeanne commemmorative 6.jpg
Pop Toys Jeanne commemmorative 7.jpg
Pop Toys Jeanne commemmorative 8.jpg

Pop Toys Jeanne commemmorative 9.jpg

The POPTOYS team is very honored to introduce the 10th anniversary version of the 12 inch Saint Knight Action Figure to you.

The outer armor worn by the character of the product is composed of 48 pieces of zinc alloy plate. Each piece of armor is connected by a combination of 1.4mm brass rivets. A total of more than 150 rivets are used. The belts used to connect the pieces are made of calf leather, which ensures its durability and firmness.

The inner armor worn by the character is a highlight of this product. The team made this chain armor with extreme pure handcraft. The whole chain armor is made of metal rings with a diameter of 0.3mm and an outer diameter of 2.5mm, which is manually connected. More than 3000 rings are used in the hood part of the chain armor, about 10000 rings are used in the coat part of the chain armor, and about 15000 rings are used in the whole chain armor. We have overcome the difficulties of mass production and manufacturing to ensure that the finished products have the quality in the official pictures.

Finally, the figure’s hair is upgraded from ordinary machine planting hair technology to manually sticking wool technology ,so that the character's hairstyle looks more natural and realistic.

POPTOYS has always been exploring and pursuing better product technology. We also appreciate you for your company all the way. In the next decade, we will not change our original intention and insist on doing a good job in every product.

POPTOYS 1/6 Saint Knight 2.5mm diameter handcrafted chain armor 100% Metal armor Joan of Arc 2.0 10th Anniversary

LIST:
1、Head*1
2、Head with short hair*1
3、Hands*2
4、Brown cotton clothes*1
5、Brown cotton Pants*1
6、Manual chain upper armor*1
7、Manual chain armor
8、Neck armor*1
9、Plate armor*1
10、Arm armor*2
11、Cuish*2
12、Genuine leather long sword hanging belt*1
13、Leather belt*1*1
14、Flag*1
15、Spear flagpole*1
16、Crossed sword*1
17、Sword scabbard*1
18、Transparent acrylic display box*1
19、Black stand*1

Pop Toys' first two Milla Jovovich Jeanne figures, from The Messenger (1999), represented her original light armour and her later Burgundian harness. They're among my favourite figures in the collection.

48389621882_12199ac5ae_o.jpg

46907267752_ec17b00790_o.jpg

46958613311_72dcb7dc3a_o.jpg

33082578018_e3d8559473_c.jpg

46961093421_0a14a8d2f5_o.jpg
46236495184_fb5bc23d1d_o.jpg

The new version has added the mail coif along with real mail:

3f90306d2259c01e0949a8155998269e.jpg

I missed out on the first version, this looks great, but I wish this also came with the helmet as inaccurate as that might be.
The real mail looks fantastic, I recently bought my first armored soldier with real mail Coif and the material makes a huge difference, but that might make this too expensive and out of my reach. :(

I missed out on the first version, this looks great, but I wish this also came with the helmet as inaccurate as that might be.
The real mail looks fantastic, I recently bought my first armored soldier with real mail Coif and the material makes a huge difference, but that might make this too expensive and out of my reach. :(

I'm not expecting this one to be cheap, but it's going to be hard to resist.

It looks like they improved the pauldrons as they lay flatter to the arms now.

Man I wanted to get fewer knights and focus on other figures, but that looks real nice with the chainmail. And I have v1.0 also...

Poptoys is awesome!

There was a price quoted on the BBICN forum, which if Chinese Yuan converts to almost $400 US!

EDIT:

This is the information on BBICN's retail site:

POPTOYS 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 EX047​
Product Name: POPTOYS 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 EX047​
Inventory: Scheduled (orders close on April 20, shipments in the fourth quarter of 2022)​
Price: 2880​

2880 = $452 US !

With shipping it's even higher.

I'll stick with what I have. :lol

Last edited:
This is a pricey offering and meant for those who are really into 1:6 historical/medieval offerings.

POPTOYS built a niche with this particular theme and their prior offerings are very good in terms of in hand final production design and quality.

I have more faith with POPTOYS for an offering like this than the current "hyped" TDK Joker offering costing around the same price point, but I digress.

A review by readsea_v:

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=388251
I just received the Joan of Arc 2.0 from poptoys a few days ago. I took a simple photo of it with my phone out of the box, no editing or maintenance, and I would like to share it with everyone!

I don't know how to intersperse pictures and text. It's best to comment first, and then upload the picture, sorry!

In general, the packaging is luxurious, a wooden box is used, but the accessories are pitiful. The hand shape is a pair of plastic painted hands, the rest is an alloy sword, a black plastic pole and a white cloth flag. I don't think the head carving is much better than 1.0. Compared with the official picture, the effect is worse. It may also be that I didn't take care of my hair.

To praise is the 2.5mm chainmail, this is really genuine, the ring is small and dense. But what about the chainmail hats? pop actually forgot to put it.
15.gif

The armor is still an unstoppable alloy, but the parts are combined with rivets and belt chains, so there are still some movable parts, especially without crab arms. However, the lifting of the shoulders is still affected by the armor and can only be raised horizontally. Because the willow nails are too small, you still have to play with them carefully, for fear of breaking them.
10.gif

There are too few accessories, and there is nothing else to say. Standing corpse and cool should be a good hand. However, I personally feel that the price/performance ratio is really not high.

Enough said, let's look at the pictures!

p0.jpg
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg
p5.jpg
p6.jpg
p7.jpg
p8.jpg
p9.jpg
p10.jpg
p11.jpg
p12.jpg
p13.jpg
p14.jpg
p15.jpg
p16.jpg
p17.jpg
p18.jpg
p19.jpg

Hope Pop Toys didn't forget to put the mail coif in every box. :panic:

The hair looks a bit strange. The prototype was 'dry' and loose, but the production glued into clumpy strands that needs to be broken up. It wouldn't be so bad if he'd received the coif and had been able to use it to tame the hair.

She'd look better with short hair anyway, to represent her appearance in battle, so I might use one of the spare heads from the original releases if it looks okay under the coif.

EDIT:

Hang on a moment... there's supposed to be two heads in this version as well.

Head*1
Head with short hair*1

Don't know what's going on with that review as they only showed one sculpt.

As someone asked in that thread:

What about the short hair sculpt?

That definitely is strange, as Poptoys provides the small wooden display case for the extra head sculpt.

I will say that the chainmail looks incredible. I'm sure much of the cost of the figure involved that detailing.

That definitely is strange, as Poptoys provides the small wooden display case for the extra head sculpt.

I will say that the chainmail looks incredible. I'm sure much of the cost of the figure involved that detailing.

There was an interesting post from ZIP (ZIPCOOLO) on the BBICN forum a little while ago:

Reply from the POP manufacturer:

Because of our work mistakes,
The chain mail hood has been arranged to be reissued,
The supplementary head carving will also be issued after the completion of the follow-up.

So there really was meant to be a sculpt, and the missing coif was a factory error.

She's due to be delivered on Monday.

I wasn't going to buy her when I realised what the price was going to be, but a friend in Hong Kong managed to find a supplier which ended up shaving over 20% off retail.

Still expensive for one figure, but hopefully the improvements will be worth it.

is this one short like the others?

I should find out today. I'm expecting her to be on the usual short Pop body.

That's fine by me as I'd rather have her Jeanne's height rather than Milla's.

https://www.jeanne-darc.info/biography/physical-appearance/
Adrian Harmand, a French scholar, discovered an order by the Duke of Orleans for several articles of clothing for Jeanne, of which one was a robe “of fine Brussels cloth” of 80 cm. in length. From this [A robe would go from Jeanne's shoulders to her knees], he determined Jeanne’s height to be 1.58 meters, or about 5 feet, two inches, which would be short for a woman today but for the latter Middle Ages about normal or even a little above average.

One big discrepancy between the figure/film is that Jeanne had black hair.

Looks like Pop Toys really did forget to pack the mail coif at the factory, because it was is a little plastic bag outside the wooden box.

The sculpt had fallen off it's stand inside its plastic box, but was undamaged.

One of the metal belt decorations had detached from one of the belts and was loose in the box. It appears to be from the back of the belt that's already on her, as there's a mark where it was glued on. However, once I put the sword belt on I thought it would look better on the front of that one instead, because it seems one had never been placed in that position at the factory.

She is the same height as the original release.

The sculpt is pretty good and nicely painted. The hair looks better than it did in the early review. It's set into thinner strands and not big wet looking clumps. As expected the second sculpt was missing, and there's no way it would have fitted in the box unless Pop had cut out another foam section - so I'll have to find out what's happening with that.

Overall she's a massive improvement over the first version. The armour fits and hangs so well; she now has proper jointed sabatons covering her shoes, rather than the solid silver feet they gave her before.

The mail is pretty amazing as it's so fine.

Only managed to get one picture before the camera died.

100_2792.JPG

The camera's probably had it's day. I resorted to the tablet for these:

IMG_20221010_105425.jpg
IMG_20221010_105433.jpg
IMG_20221010_105440.jpg
IMG_20221010_105450.jpg

Back