GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of goodies from Toyfair

Figures look much better than ROC

Sdcc exclusive Shockwave/hiss tank..another $100+ toy...sheesh

Lots of goodies from Toyfair

Figures look much better than ROC

Sdcc exclusive Shockwave/hiss tank..another $100+ toy...sheesh

Hey Spazzy...presuming you are a likely candidate for the figure sub with the club...any updates on when this goes live and they start taking orders?

I've got myself in the habit of buying small joes in between 1:6 releases.

Apparantly the club is having software problems, it should have been started a month or so ago, but nothing new about prices yet either, I will definitely be getting the figures, 2 new 25th style carded figures a month for 6 months? That sounds awesome!

Apparantly the club is having software problems, it should have been started a month or so ago, but nothing new about prices yet either, I will definitely be getting the figures, 2 new 25th style carded figures a month for 6 months? That sounds awesome!

I'm leaning towards it too. For no other reason except that I have my Joe bug back, and they are few and far between in my neck of the woods. Any new Joes are a rarity.

My local Walmart recently decided to sell 2 pegs. Oddly enough they didnt stay in stock for more than 2 weeks. All thats left are a couple Blowtorches and city strike CCs.

Well finally made a trip out to my local TRU...what a waste. I think the Tampa bay area is doomed. TRU was no better than my local walmart...even worse off. I checked each section and the only thing I seen was 2 pegs and neither was full. Literally there was 1 renegade CC and a renegade SS. I was looking around like this is a joke right... not even any transformers worth picking up the section with NECA figures was pretty much empty as well besides some crappy clearanced figures from who knows win. Wow I think its looking like I might have to start ordering cases from big bad as well just to get the certain figures.

Yeah software problems along with CREDIT CARD FRAUD

ALOT of people are getting nailed with Fraudulent CC Charges on their Cards and Fun publications is the blame for this because of their security was breeched..

the Transformers Club also got nailed bigtime!

Honestly,I ONLY really want Big Boa and Covergirl and I am not sure its worth dropping $360 bucks for 11 other figures I don't care for...and I hear the secret 13th figure is just as bad as some of the other figures in the set.(not much of an incentive to me)

I think its going to be a while before this Sub actually goes up,but I am very leary about it now.I hoping BBTS sells these individually even if its paying higher prices

S'okay.

So here's my buying strategy for the wee ones.

1) Buy them
2) Open them...enjoy them on my shelves.
3) The cool ones buy again but don't open them.

My dilemma is what makes a character worthy of buying again to keep MOC.

Anyone wanna take a stab at that?
I know many just keep theirs carded..but to be honest this seems like a considerable waste of collecting space to me...unless I buy a BIGGER house.

I wouldn't choose MOC ones based on the character, but rather how awesome the figure is. A Zombie Viper might not be an awesome character (mindless drone and all) but he's a sweet figure. If you think a figure is awesome, chances are your kids will too. We're all just big kids here right? :lol

I wouldn't choose MOC ones based on the character, but rather how awesome the figure is. A Zombie Viper might not be an awesome character (mindless drone and all) but he's a sweet figure. If you think a figure is awesome, chances are your kids will too. We're all just big kids here right? :lol

Absolutely.

I'm thinking it's a matter of wait and see and is based on personal choice. There is a nagging voice though that says "ohhh there is some pop to this figure". Unfortunately that's almost with every character I buy :lol

stopped this morning at target and wm...still no new figures. i think this target hasn't restocked since prior to christmas.

i don't really keep anything carded anymore. i let me kids open them all.

stopped this morning at target and wm...still no new figures. i think this target hasn't restocked since prior to christmas.

i don't really keep anything carded anymore. i let me kids open them all.

Same here. Everywhere I go it's all city strike CCs.

As far as what I keep carded I've decided to keep the 25th anniversary style carded. I have a few mint pursuit of cobras that I bought doubles awhile back, but I think with anything on the newer cards I'm just gonna open. I am a fan of the recent molds and articulation...and dare I say more so than the vintage figures.

S'okay.

So here's my buying strategy for the wee ones.

1) Buy them
2) Open them...enjoy them on my shelves.
3) The cool ones buy again but don't open them.

My dilemma is what makes a character worthy of buying again to keep MOC.

Anyone wanna take a stab at that?
I know many just keep theirs carded..but to be honest this seems like a considerable waste of collecting space to me...unless I buy a BIGGER house.

yeah i was in that same situation. I just got to the point where I enjoyed them more being opened and yes it got to a point of I was running low on space. Also my problem was storage even after I had them opened and was cycling who gets displayed and who doesnt. So I started putting them in little baggies with there accessories so they dont get lost or scratched up.

. So I started putting them in little baggies with there accessories so they dont get lost or scratched up.

:exactly:

At the rate Hasbro releases Dukes, SEs, SSs, and CCs, this definitely has to be a standard practice.

I usually hit up a discount store and buy large bins for a buck or 2 and clear their shelf of snack sized plastic bags.

I hit TRU yesterday morning and saw Renegades Scarlet, Airtight, Sci Fi, Law and Order, Ripcord and Techno Viper. They had multiples of each BUT NO STORM SHADOW... Argh...

Back