GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well....

So long for the FSS. No way I'm having anything to do with the collectors club now. Lost whatever trust I had in them.

Too bad really. They have an awesome opportunity to make collectors happy but can't seem to get on the same wave length. I tried contacting them recently re: an officer's membership and it was a pretty dodgy encounter.

Really? What was the problem?

This whole CC issue is annoying, but I've never had a problem dealing with them...

Really? What was the problem?

This whole CC issue is annoying, but I've never had a problem dealing with them...

You read their last email sent out yesterday? :lol:lol:lol

I also signed up for an officers level and they haven't delivered all of the monthly magazines. That was sort of my test run with them to see if I would utilize their service. I had to phone them and sure they sing with all the bells and whistles in person, but in the end every inch is all at my expense. Simply not worth the hassle.

This fraud thing just takes the cake for myself. Luckily I've notified my CC company...and they are informed and prepared to back me if things get weird with any charges.

I also signed up for an officers level and they haven't delivered all of the monthly magazines. That was sort of my test run with them to see if I would utilize their service. I had to phone them and sure they sing with all the bells and whistles in person, but in the end every inch is all at my expense. Simply not worth the hassle.

This fraud thing just takes the cake for myself. Luckily I've notified my CC company...and they are informed and prepared to back me if things get weird with any charges.

I'd still cancel and get a new CC...I got fraudulent charges on my CC and have a new card coming.....Thanks G.I.Joe Club!
What is worse is their denial of the security breach on their end and waiting 3 or more weeks to finally notify members,while hundreds of people got nailed

New people are still getting hit with charges, even to this day. At least on the TFCC front.

New people are still getting hit with charges, even to this day. At least on the TFCC front.

Yep! same with the Joe front...

Every single members info and CC info was taken and the fraudsters are going down the list and charging on each members Cards..at least it seems that way

Oh, well yeah. That whole thing.

I actually called them about renewing my membership but they're not taking credit cards, so I'll have to mail in a check. Guess I shouldn't have waited until the last minute, but I guess I'll still make it in time to get Footloose.

I thought you meant like their customer service or something... Whatever problems they're having - and I'm sure credit card fraud is a BIG problem with any company that deals online - they've always been super nice to me.

That's odd. Like I said, I've never had this problem with them.

But to be quite honest, I could miss a magazine and not even notice, or care for that matter.

Quite frankly they should probably ditch the newsletter altogether - go online and save us some money on the membership fee. It's not like it's timely or anything, what with the whole, you know, internet and everything.

Yep! same with the Joe front...

Every single members info and CC info was taken and the fraudsters are going down the list and charging on each members Cards..at least it seems that way

I'd better call my CC company. I've only ever used it a handful of times with the Club, and I've already checked and nothing amiss has occurred. Still, better safe than sorry.

Don't mean to boast...well, yeah I do... But I finally managed to add Airtight to my collection!!! A Totem to my childhood my friends.

Definitely buying 1 or even 2 more of this guy. My fav next gen Joe by far.
Also looking online for Sci Fi, Lifeline, and Law and Order. Bound to be atleast 6 months before they start showing up at retail here.

I am really dissapointed that to get Big Boa and Covergirl for a decent price,I would have to go through the Joe Club to get them.I wish hasbro would just sell these in another box set or something

classic Jinx is coming in july

still hopeful for
Iceberg
Fast Draw
Leatherneck (proper classic look)
Law and Order (proper classic colors)
Raptor
Crystal Ball
Sneak Peak
Monkeywrench (proper classic look)
Frostbite
Muskrat
Hard Ball
etc....after these,I can call my 25th classics update collection over...unless they do a Terrordrome and G.I.Joe Headquarters

scored today at target. picked up law & order, techno viper, sci-fi, airtight and lifeline. 1st new figures i have seen in a while. all of them look amazing.

I am really dissapointed that to get Big Boa and Covergirl for a decent price,I would have to go through the Joe Club to get them.I wish hasbro would just sell these in another box set or something

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the business model for the FSS gets completely reworked after all this stuff that has gone on with the club. I highly doubt they'll make much money off of it if it were to start up soon.

Hopefully Hasbro learns from Sony's similar problems and just releases them without the club exclusivity.

Hell do away with the club all together...or at least give it to someone else who doesn't think credit card fraud is normal and a part of online shopping.

At target today they had expanded the Joe section to about 8 pegs. They didnt have anything on them but it is better than the three empty pegs they usually have. Lol.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the business model for the FSS gets completely reworked after all this stuff that has gone on with the club. I highly doubt they'll make much money off of it if it were to start up soon.

Hopefully Hasbro learns from Sony's similar problems and just releases them without the club exclusivity.

Hell do away with the club all together...or at least give it to someone else who doesn't think credit card fraud is normal and a part of online shopping.

Yeah, who knows how they're going to go about it now...

I would rather they just do 'em as Club exclusives and not a sub. The sub thing is a bit annoying, to be quite honest. I'd rather buy them all in one go and save on shipping.

i was at TRU yesterday, all they had was one Blowtorch, went to walmart and they had a ton of figs ( got all excited) until i realized they were all duke, Hawk, CC, jungle viper, and blowtorch :(

havent seen anything new in what feels like forever!!!

i was at TRU yesterday, all they had was one Blowtorch, went to walmart and they had a ton of figs ( got all excited) until i realized they were all duke, Hawk, CC, jungle viper, and blowtorch :(

havent seen anything new in what feels like forever!!!

Yeah get them BATS and Gen Hawks. Best 2 of that wave.

My walmart had that wave for like 1.5 weeks @ $7.77. Was the first of the joe line at my local WM that I was ever aware of....after months on randomly checking.

Wave 1 of the 30th eg. Stalker, Hazard Viper were there shortly after for $10.47 each. All multi lingo cards and packaging.

I'm in the process of picking up as many cheap 25th style carded and some loose.

picked up another techno-viper at target. stopped at two wal-marts. they had no joes but had 8 pegs with tags ready for new figures (hopefully).

Went to walmart yesterday to see...tada...nothing as usual. I did see they were re-arranging the toy section so who knows maybe I'll find some the next time I stop in.

Back