GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally ran across the newer ones tonight at TRU (Sci-Fi, Techno Viper, Lifeline, Law and Order, Airtight). I only bought Airtight, because they were NINE DOLLARS, and he was the only <1986 guy there. . .also the first Joe I ever remember getting as a child. He's a really awesome figure. I was really tempted by Sci-Fi and Law and Order, but damn. You've gotta draw a line in the sand somewhere. In general, these little bastards ain't worth $10 a pop after taxes to me. Hard to believe they were just $5 when the 25th Anniversary line first started up and now they've nearly doubled in price.

well to be fair TRU is always over priced. While still expensive walmart usually has them for about $8...if they would actually stock some on the shelf.

yeah I hear ya, a friend and I were actually talking about the price of joes a few days ago. It is crazy thats why I only buy the few figures I care about myself.

But you have to admit most of them come up with a crap load of stuff now! $8-9 for these is steal compaired to the MU or SW figures at the same price. And I'd probably pay that if I could actually find anything new. I'm stick of Renegades Duke, CC, and FF.

I think they are a great deal compared to JLU figures, and relatively speaking, they are in line with the DCUC/He-Man figures that Mattel are trying to charge folks $20 a piece for. But I think those are ridiculously overpriced, as well. I guess that's just the nature of things, though. Folks are willing to pay it, so they charge it. I think I'll just stick with my ridiculously overpriced 1/6th scale dollies instead.

But you have to admit most of them come up with a crap load of stuff now! $8-9 for these is steal compaired to the MU or SW figures at the same price. And I'd probably pay that if I could actually find anything new. I'm stick of Renegades Duke, CC, and FF.

tell me about it...id actually buy some new figures if i could find them :monkey2

I finally ran across the newer ones tonight at TRU (Sci-Fi, Techno Viper, Lifeline, Law and Order, Airtight). I only bought Airtight, because they were NINE DOLLARS, and he was the only <1986 guy there. . .also the first Joe I ever remember getting as a child. He's a really awesome figure. I was really tempted by Sci-Fi and Law and Order, but damn. You've gotta draw a line in the sand somewhere. In general, these little bastards ain't worth $10 a pop after taxes to me. Hard to believe they were just $5 when the 25th Anniversary line first started up and now they've nearly doubled in price.

Good finds!!

Im definitely after Airtight. Like you he was one of the earliest Joes I can remember. Dont recall if I actually owned him or my childhood friends did. But I'm not gonna miss out on the chance on owning this version of him. Spot on to the original and upgraded in all the right ways.

Doubt Ill be buying them at all.

Kinda ruins the mystic of the character knowing certain actors don't fit the bill of the character for me.

I'll pick up some of the bad guys with armor/helmets. I dont want any of the guys where you can see their actual face of some actor. I want generic "joes/cobra"

I like some of the movie figures. The movie Snake Eyes figure looks Sigma 6 inspired and the one that comes in the 3-pack looks like Bradstreet's art. I'll probably troop build Cobra Commander to use as elite troopers of some kind. Zartan and the Cobra Trooper look great too as do the new Crimson Guard and Night Viper which both seem to be POC/30th inspired in their designs.

Finally found wave 1 of the 30ths tonight at Walmart. Apparently the delay is in making the cards trilingual. French + Spanish.

Was glad I got around to picking up Stalker and the Iron Grenadiers... No clue why Stalker has dreads though... Mine aren't gonna stay on for long.

Alright, tired of waiting for retailers to have Lifeline and Sci Fi in my area so I pre ordered a case of wave 4 from BBTS and got my hands on a few extra for good measure from Toywiz. I hate the inflated prices out of the door but I'd rather pay more now than a LOT more later

Scheduled to arrive today. Think 6 Lifelines will be enough? I'll have 3 Sci-Fi's. I like selling off extra's when they become scarce.

After getting wave 4 unboxed, I'd have to say that Law & Order was the sleeper hit. Great fig, Order looks cool with the pouches and gear but his expression could have been more menacing. Oh well.

I was very lucky to pick these up while in Michigan. Didn't see them anywhere else. Put up a couple crappy pics up here: https://collecting-toys.blogspot.com/

Also got all the Renegades figures save Storm Shadow. I guess I'm not in a real hurry to get him. I'm sure people will forget about Renegades in a few months and I'll either pick him up or lose interest myself. The rest are damn nice figures though.

Hey, shameless plug here, but is anyone looking for a 25th Ghost Hawk, RAM/Trubble Bubble (both sealed), or Sting Raider (boxed with stickers applied, but mint)?

They're just taking up room in my house at this point. I'll let them go for cheap to Joe freaks. :)

Well....

So long for the FSS. No way I'm having anything to do with the collectors club now. Lost whatever trust I had in them.

Too bad really. They have an awesome opportunity to make collectors happy but can't seem to get on the same wave length. I tried contacting them recently re: an officer's membership and it was a pretty dodgy encounter.

Back