Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, let me ask you something, what are your thoughts on this movement:

https://www.facebook.com/WomenAgainstFeminism/

are they naive? are they self hating? have you ever heard of Christina Hoff Sommers or karen straughan? they are very vocal against modern, third wave feminism. i watch both of them regularly and i respect their views a lot. how do you feel about them?

I'm aware of that community, but a lot of the complaints brought up ("I don't need feminism because men's problems matter too," "I'm not afraid of men," "I am not a victim") seem to refer to a specific type of feminism that I and the many feminists I know don't subscribe to. I wouldn't call them self-hating. Their societal criticisms are indeed valid -- and they can (and do) fit into feminism.

One of the original tenets of feminism states that a woman's experience is just as valid and worthy of consideration as that of a man. And men do indeed have problems. They are often discriminated against in child custody cases. They are seen as the less-effective parent. They have their share of body image expectations. They are often depicted in the media as bumbling screw-ups that need their wife to clean up after them. True feminism acknowledges and frowns upon that.

Again, the goal is not misandry, but equal consideration. That is, equal perception and validity as well as equal respect given to the voices and experiences of all genders.

Throw whatever other counterpoints you want, but I think you'll find I'm not the feminist you must be picturing. That's the case for many of us.

Again, the goal is not misandry, but equal consideration. That is, equal perception and validity as well as equal respect given to the voices and experiences of all genders.

Throw whatever other counterpoints you want, but I think you'll find I'm not the feminist you must be picturing. That's the case for many of us.
I think you're out of touch with what 3rd wave feminism is, feminism used to mean what you think it means, it no longer does.

I don't care how nice a person that guy is, just titling his YouTube video Ghostbusters 2016 No Review I Refuse was a douchey thing to do. I'm not going to feel bad for the guy because he got some mean tweets.

I am starting to realize from the arguments on the internet, that guys being white knights might be something generic, or may be in our instinct. maybe we are predisposed to always protect the female of the species. Maybe it comes from cavemen times. deep within us, we see a girl in trouble and we are meant to help her.
maybe it is a losing battle. how can you argue against instinct. Im not talking about wanting equality for people. Im specifically talking about white knight stuff.

maybe is our nature as males? That is pretty sexist as well, I dont know why feminists dont get more angry at the white knights.

White knights are those who defend women just to look like a gentleman, among other reasons, not because they care about said women.

I think you're out of touch with what 3rd wave feminism is, feminism used to mean what you think it means, it no longer does.

And, yeah i realize you are probably supporting first wave feminism. you are not part of third wave. but.... well, third wave is whats the most vocal and has the most followers now.

I wouldn't feel comfortable making that claim. For every misandrist "feminist" I've seen (even online), there have been dozens who do believe in true equality. In any case, there still exists a need for it these days and there are plenty of level-headed people who support it. That's all I can really say.

how on earth is a douchy thing to say "I refuse to review --- movie" :lol:lol

He really did get a bad rap. Notably, the guy isn't even a professional reviewer. He's a YouTuber who can either choose to see and review a film or not. It's not like it's his job.

I have an inkling that this movie is going to get either good/average reviews, or really bad ones. I'm curious to find out. I would like to see it but will probably skip it in theaters if the reviews are abysmal. :lol

I wouldn't feel comfortable making that claim. For every misandrist "feminist" I've seen (even online), there have been dozens who do believe in true equality. In any case, there still exists a need for it these days and there are plenty of level-headed people who support it. That's all I can really say.

Maybe you surround yourself with very level headed feminists, good for you, but I tell you, that ratio is not right at all :lol at least online, 3rd wave, pink armpit haired "rape survivor" feminists are the norm nowadays.

Seriously, I wouldn't have a problem with feminists if they were like you.

It's douchey because it implies his review(meaning his opinion of a film) is soooo damn important that he's drawing this hard line in the sand, and he refuses to give you his precious opinion. That may not be what he meant, but the wording is how it comes across. That's why it drew so much attention in the first place. If he'd titled it Ghostbusters 2016, Not Gonna Watch It then nobody would've even cared because that's what alot of people are saying.

It's douchey because it implies his review(meaning his opinion of a film) is soooo damn important that he's drawing this hard line in the sand, and he refuses to give you his precious opinion. That may not be what he meant, but the wording is how it comes across. That's why it drew so much attention in the first place. If he'd titled it Ghostbusters 2016, Not Gonna Watch It then nobody would've even cared because that's what alot of people are saying.

He only made that video/statement because people were pestering him about it.

He only made that video/statement because people were pestering him about it.

Ah, well then either he's a ****** for not listening to his fans that support him or they're douches for trying to make him do what he doesn't want to do, but somebody is a ****** because I used the word and i refuse to back down... oh, I think I found the ******.:lol

i predict NO bad reviews, or at least only a couple.
I dont think critics want the Hell that reviewing this movie is going to bring....I think most people will give it a pass just to avoid the drama

Im glad someone else said this, im glad it wasn't me. im not crazy. im not trolling. that ratio Blade talks about IS not right at all. thats the sad part. the good feminists are completely blind to what is becoming the majority of their movement.

You got any hot toys figures you care to bet on that? It wouldn't surprise me to see this below 40% on RT.

thats his job though, hes one of the very first people that started the youtube game review trend, I think he might be the first one to do those.
you might not care about youtube and you might think it is stupid, BUT, as far as youtube reviewers goes he was one of the first ones and one of the biggest ones.

That would be like Richard Roeper saying he doesnt want to review something on the newspaper where he works... yeah who gives a crap but... that is his job..

Maybe you surround yourself with very level headed feminists, good for you, but I tell you, that ratio is not right at all :lol at least online, 3rd wave, pink armpit haired "rape survivor" feminists are the norm nowadays.

Seriously, I wouldn't have a problem with feminists if they were like you.

Here's the issue: if I'm a level-headed feminist who sees the need for feminism today, yet any attempt I make is perceived as irrational by those who have yet to hear my approach, what do I do? Am I no longer a feminist? Should I no longer support the cause? I guess I shouldn't bother because I'll be misunderstood?

I do disavow the misandrists, however many (or few in my experience) there may be. So what more is there to do?

Whatever you want to call yourself, the important thing is that you live up to it. Pay attention to how you treat people, how you think of them, and how your position may affect those first two things. That's all there is to it.

Perhaps the reason the egalitarian label hasn't caught on is similar to the reason why "All Lives Matter" is frowned upon. And you know something? I've never seen an ALM rally. Looks like all they do is criticize other groups for protesting, which prevents change.

I'm not a fan of labels myself. Some people seek comfort in them and that's fine. It's personal preference.

I can't do much more than disavow those who apply a different meaning to the causes I align myself with. I definitely won't break away because of it. That's definitely not going to help.

13qf8g.jpg

Hee Haw, One Eye Snake.

What if a sports team did this kind of thing? Like, what if there was an NFL team that had average starters, a mediocre coach, and showed uninspired play during the preseason, and a bunch of fans piled on them on the internet. What would happen if that coach and team started insulting the fans, but still wanted them to attend the games? And then to top it off, the team conspired to give the fans who did show up at the stadium the middle finger during the game. You must be kidding me with this ****. Are they really so entrenched in their own ******** that they are not aware of how this looks?

What if a sports team did this kind of thing? Like, what if there was an NFL team that had average starters, a mediocre coach, and showed uninspired play during the preseason, and a bunch of fans piled on them on the internet. What would happen if that coach and team started insulting the fans, but still wanted them to attend the games? And then to top it off, the team conspired to give the fans who did show up at the stadium the middle finger during the game. You must be kidding me with this ****. Are they really so entrenched in their own ******** that they are not aware of how this looks?

:lol that's a pretty good analogy, I'd rep you if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back