Gentle Giant R2 statue! - *Cancelled*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gentle Giant- R2-D2 1/6th model

Actually, they did confirm 1/6th in the works.

"Yes, C-3PO and R2-D2 are coming in 1:6 scale from both Medicom (soon) and Sideshow (later)"

I have a question, as do so other many collectors out there. Will we being seeing any bounty hunters in this 1/6 scale line? Also, any droids R2-D2 and C3-PO anytime down the road in 1/6th? And will you finish off the Jedi’s, like Agen Kolar and Yoda (of course!) in this awesome 1/6th scale line? And Count Dooku? I just love this series! I’m glad your sticking with the 1/6th scale line and keep up the great job on these special figures!

Most definitely - bounty hunters are an essential part of the Scum and Villainy line! Yes, C-3PO and R2-D2 are coming in 1:6 scale from both Medicom (soon) and Sideshow (later), so you’ll have an excellent selection of droids to add to your collection. Yes, we are looking at other Jedi candidates - we’ve felt their recent absence and hope to add some momentum to the Jedi Order in 2010 and into 2011. Dooku - definitely and sooner than later.

Gentle Giant R2-D2 1:6 Scale

Not sure if anyone has seen this but it looks promising here is a short synopsis on the figure.

"Standing 7" tall with a retail price of $159.00, this deluxe statue will come with a base and eight different accessories along with a box to store the unused pieces in. A Gentle Giant Sculpt! A bold droid in personality and temperament, with a nose for adventure, R2-D2 was an astromech droid, undoubtedly the most famous and more important built in the R2 series. With his companion protocol droid C-3P0, R2-D2 served the Skywalker family for decades. This robotic Star Wars hero is sculpted in polystone and comes with 8 accessories in total, including the periscope scanner, mechanical gripper, utility saw, and more that can be assembled within the statue's exposed chest or dome panels. Each statue is hand-painted and hand-numbered, complete with a Certificate of Authenticity.
Details

Availability: PRE-ORDER: Shipping in July."

d_7029.jpg

d_7030.jpg

d_7031.jpg

R2-D2-poses.jpg

Re: Gentle Giant R2-D2 1:6 Scale

He looks great but does he really have to be polystone?

If one of those accessories happens to accidently fall, it's over.

Yeah, I don't understand this polystone business- Dragon started doing it years ago and everyone complained then but it didn't stop the industry from making some items out of the garbage. But I guess it's cheaper for them than injection molded plastic?

Sean

Ah, but don't you know? Brittle, expensive materials are what makes something a collectible! A durable and just-as-detailed piece using a substance other than polystone simply wouldn't bring in as many potential customers. High end collectors need that needless weight and breakability to enhance their viewing experience. And, to aid the collector in truly feeling they are buying something of value, the use of polystone really helps hike up those costs. You wouldn't want a highly desired display piece to be considered a bargain, would you? What would your friends and family - no, the entire online community - think??? POLYSTONE 4 EVA!:love:love:love

No this hasn't been released yet and is due to ship next month I believe. It’s only been like 4 years in the making.

Well the news is that is finally supposed to be shipping fairly soon. Personally I have lost interest due to the droids PF.

I ordered one of these about 4 years ago to go with the Threepio they did (which is fantastic) but I don't want this anymore. There's the Bandai version and the PF's now.

I want the Bandai version too. I'll be looking for an R2 exclusive PF when the time comes, but I won't be holding my breath.

Back