Gentle Giant R2 statue! - *Cancelled*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered this Statue at least three years ago?

I put down a $30 deposit which the supplier has held onto ever since. I tried to cancel it and put the money towards something else but apparently they have placed their order with their supplier so I can't cancel ....

I ordered it to go with the Threepio statue they did which is amazing and one of my favorite pieces.

Just wish they either release it or confirm it's been cancelled. How could it have possibly been delayed for so long?

How tall is the 3PO? Can you post a pic next to some other figures?

Re: Gentle Giant R2 statue!

And there it is.

Hello,

The purpose of this message is to inform you that we unfortunately will not be able to fulfill preorders for the following item:

GG10168 R2-D2 1/6 Scale Statue

We have recently been informed that Gentle Giant has postponed production of this statue indefinitely with no plans to re-solicit at this time. Therefore they have cancelled all related orders to all vendors, which is why we are unable to fulfill this preorder. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this cancellation has caused and we are hopeful that this highly anticipated statue will be released in the future. At this time all remaining preorders for this item have been removed from your BBTS account accordingly. Once again we apologize for this cancellation and please note that preorder cancellations rarely occur.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this matter and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care

Maybe they'll make some more female stormtroopers instead. :pray:

Dumbasses.

I knew this thing would never get released. Looks like folks will have to settle for the R2 maquette. Just one of the many reasons why I stopped buying GG.

GG was good when they first came on the scene years ago. Sadly, their quality has dropped substantially and the delays/cancellations are a joke.

How is it that they haven't lost their Star Wars license buy now. They are just not getting much product. Make my nervous that lovely sculpts of the Honey Trap line will never see production.

I didn't preorder R2 but was considering getting after seeing the final product. Good thing I order the Sideshow 3PO and R2 PF.

GG was good when they first came on the scene years ago. Sadly, their quality has dropped substantially and the delays/cancellations are a joke.

Back when they had the LotR license, Dragonkind.... yeah those days came and went quickly :/

I can admit their Suckerpunch line looks superb from the pics I've seen. Some of the best product I've seen come from them in quite some time. However, some of GG upcoming SW busts leave a lot to be desired, and they are going back to a couple of characters instead of new ones.

I've got a few old Gentle Giant statues from around 2006. The kneeling Vader, Boba Fett and Dooku/Assaj statues were prime examples of the quality sculpts they could produce. They managed to capture more dynamic poses which made for more emotive displays.

Never been a fan of busts (and thats the only context you'll hear me say that)

Sadly they then went all cartoony. Some sculpts still look good from what I've seen. Snaagletooth, Greedo and Spider Maul look pretty interesting.

I'm sure part of the problem is the price it was originally solicited at (like 4-5 years ago) vs what it would actually cost them to produce it now.

I've got a few old Gentle Giant statues from around 2006. The kneeling Vader, Boba Fett and Dooku/Assaj statues were prime examples of the quality sculpts they could produce. They managed to capture more dynamic poses which made for more emotive displays.

Never been a fan of busts (and thats the only context you'll hear me say that)

Sadly they then went all cartoony. Some sculpts still look good from what I've seen. Snaagletooth, Greedo and Spider Maul look pretty interesting.

Totally! I have the Kneeling Vader and it's the piece that made me love GG back then. Still my favorite Vader by far at the moment.
I really want the Dooku-Ventress one someday.

I even like all their Animaquettes and have most of them but I never cared for busts and that's all they seem to do now. Plus they lost a bunch of franchises I liked and got some I don't care about.

Oh how the might have fallen.

:exactly::exactly:

Wow, so they finally officially cancelled him. That's sad.

After the announcement, then numerous delays, a couple of "on holds," this really isn't a surprise to people who were following it. Still confuses me how they can do SuckerPunch line but can't put a couple of basic shapes together and paint it. :slap

After the announcement, then numerous delays, a couple of "on holds," this really isn't a surprise to people who were following it. Still confuses me how they can do SuckerPunch line but can't put a couple of basic shapes together and paint it. :slap

This statue will always be my biggest WTF from GG. The original version without all of the action features was perfect and the price was great. Then they delayed it. Then they added action features that were completely unneeded. Then they delayed it.

Then they revealed an almost duplicate version based on the cancelled Clone Wars series. And, who knows what happened to that version.

Just, WTH?

Back