Gentle Giant R2 statue! - *Cancelled*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: gentle Giant R2 statue!

Thanks Centurion! Man, I feel out of it!
No worries.
Many of us were looking forward to the Tamashii Nations C3PO and R2D2 1/6 figures, but now we're disappointed with their color.

It might be time we looked elsewhere. :(

Re: Gentle Giant R2 statue!

I thought this was cancelled in favor of the 1/6th Clone Wars version GG is producing.

It's funny how Gentle Giant used to be great at showing an item at San Diego Comic Con or whatever and then releasing it within a year/year and a half later. Now, they show something and it's several years before it ever gets released and it often looks like a rush job that someone painted with their feet.

Oh Gentle Giant, whata happened to yousa! :gah:

I never heard anything about it being cancelled actually. This statue started as just a standard statue of R2 many many years ago. It was then delayed multiple times until they re-revealed it as having action features. It has then been delayed multiple times until they revealed almost the exact same statue but done in the Clone Wars style. We have not heard anything about this statue since the reveal of the Clone Wars version so I assumed this had been replaced by that statue.

I can't believe GG is even still talking about this statue.

Funny thing is this statue started out around $120 without action features. They could sell it now for over $250 or $300.

BBTS is now expecting 2nd quarter 2013.

I'm pretty sure when it was first announced, it had all the appendages included. That was what sold me on it back then.

I remember thinking it was well worth $120. $160 is still pretty good.

The R2 Statue hasn't been cancelled. I still have my original preorder at BBTS sitting at $129.99. Can't beat that price -assuming it sees the light of day.

That's a long time to keep a pre-order. I never would have cancelled mine (also with BBTS) if I thought I'd have five years to save up.

I found a site that says its height is 18cm or 7.08 inches but is that with the base included or just the statue itself? If it includes the base it's not true 1/6 sale. Fail

I ordered this Statue at least three years ago?

I put down a $30 deposit which the supplier has held onto ever since. I tried to cancel it and put the money towards something else but apparently they have placed their order with their supplier so I can't cancel ....

I ordered it to go with the Threepio statue they did which is amazing and one of my favorite pieces.

Just wish they either release it or confirm it's been cancelled. How could it have possibly been delayed for so long?

Back