Gentle Giant Jabba statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mini-Rock said:
Not a bad diorama. It'll be a nice addition to their 7" diorama line, and it will go great with the Rancor diorama. Out of the three Jabba's so far (SS, GG, Attakus) it will be the smallest. Not as nice, it seems, as the SS set, but, considering the "likeness" issue's with the diorama line, it would be on par the the more expensive Attakus set...just smaller. With the addition of the band, and the newly released Rancor diorama, it'll make an impressive display. Congrats to those who are getting it.
Thats what I was thinking that this will be really cool displayed along with the Rancor plus who knows what else they might add to this. They could release a Carbonite Han alcove with a few critters that where around it. This could be one of the coolest displays GG made. Plus i have a real soft spot for the Max Rebo Band they are awesome.

Batty said:
jabba1.jpg

"Got milk?"

GG's Jabba's new name could be "spoogelips." Seriously, what is that supposed to be on his lips?

Easy pass for this GG version of Jabba. The SS one really is the better of the two.

I may take up on the band, though. Looks really nice.

A lot of people will end up with the band... sans Jabba it sounds like. I can't wait to see the free Bib Fortuna statue. I think he's gonna be whispering in Jabba's ear (just a hunch and personal speculation)... which will really complete this set!

Have to say the GG Jabba looks very poor compared to SS, shape of him seems wrong to me, specially when you look at the comparison pics above.

If you look at the GG image, it looks like they took the SSC Jabba and stuck him in high heat til he started to melt and his head sagged into his stomach.

Polystoner said:
Yet another reason to cancel the pre-order for the Leia statue...

Well, Leia is in scale with the Sideshow Jabba... I do hope we can put GG slave Leia on Sideshow throne... I don't know If It's possible as I don't see much space between jabba and the edge of the throne...anyway I will be picking these up as this is part of the Gentle Giant dioramas line and I'm collecting them all... we get a light up jawa too, Oola and not to mention the band... then these are in scale with the Rancor and this count alot to me.

Seaward said:
:lol :lol

The pose doesn't look as iconic as the Sideshow one does, and the sculpt doesn't look like the Jabba face I remember. Maybe it is based on the digital Jabba from Episode I. The band setup makes me want SS to make these figures all the more though, and eventually we will get an Oola that is posable and a Jawa with a leaf. Are the dimensions similar? It seems the GG one is a little smaller. It wouldn't make sense unless it was 1:6 scale for me.

Why does it look like the GG Jabba just got done eating those little powdered donuts you get from a convience store???

adambadadam said:
Why does it look like the GG Jabba just got done eating those little powdered donuts you get from a convience store???

Maybe Jabba is going as Tony Montana to a halloween party?:confused:

MaulFan said:
Well I had made the comment somewhere about Jabba being Scartale with that little cut of his.

I didn't think about that! hilarious!:lol

Does that make Salacious his little friend?

mikefett said:
Have to say the GG Jabba looks very poor compared to SS, shape of him seems wrong to me, specially when you look at the comparison pics above.

Okay, not to pick on Mikefett - I just picked the first comment like this I came to - but you people are judging an item that the manufacturer doesn't even feel comfortable displaying pictures of yet. Those pics are just quick snap shots of the prototypes to give the retailers an idea (otherwise they would be displayed on the official site). The image also is from a weird top angle ... I truly believe that is why some of you are saying he is shaped weirdly. Until I see pics without giant banners of "Prototype - Not Final Product", I am going to give GG the benefit of the doubt.

Also, why I generally prefer Sideshow to GG, I have to give GG the heads up (in terms of display and content ... assuming the final sculpt for Jabba is decent). Unlike Sideshow, you can usually find GG stuff at a decent discount. So, I am willing to believe you will be able to get Jabba, the Band, and the free Bib after shipping for 10 to 20 dollars below the Sideshow Jabba and throne with shipping. Sideshow's may be bigger. However, I would prefer a smaller set up with more detail and characters if I could only have one. So, put me in the small group who thinks that GG will make a nicer displayed diorama than Sideshows (at least for the forseeable future, unless they announce band figures soon).

P.S. Also, Sideshow Jabba is NOT a figure, he's a statue himself. Only his arms move.. and they don't have full range of movement. So, exactly how many different poses could you put him in?

P.S. Also, Sideshow Jabba is NOT a figure, he's a statue himself. Only his arms move.. and they don't have full range of movement. So, exactly how many different poses could you put him in?

Pretty valid points about the comparison between SS and GG. I actually prefer the larger size, but hey, to each his own. I would have loved to see a little articulation in the mouth or eyelids on the Sideshow figure,possibly a flexible tail, but apart from those three spots, did the real Jabba sport any articulation? He was just a fat sack, right?:confused:

Not only are they giving you a free Bib statue if you buy both Jabba and the band, they are randomly inserting 100 "One Ring" replicas from the Noble Collection into the little compartment in the Strider and Ringwraith busts that will be shipping soon. Both are cool ideas--am I the only one that likes free stuff?

Looks like GG are starting to get their act together.

tomandshell said:
Not only are they giving you a free Bib statue if you buy both Jabba and the band, they are randomly inserting 100 "One Ring" replicas from the Noble Collection into the little compartment in the Strider and Ringwraith busts that will be shipping soon. Both are cool ideas--am I the only one that likes free stuff?

Looks like GG are starting to get their act together.

I had no idea about the 'One Ring' addition. Where did you read that?

Seaward said:
I didn't think about that! hilarious!:lol

Does that make Salacious his little friend?

See, Tony's little friend was a big bad a*% piece of weaponry, ironic in a way cuz it wasn't little at all, so for Scartail here, it'd be like just after dropping into the Rancor pit, he shouts say ello to my little friend and then the gate goes up letting the Rancor in.

MaulFan said:
See, Tony's little friend was a big bad a*% piece of weaponry, ironic in a way cuz it wasn't little at all, so for Scartail here, it'd be like just after dropping into the Rancor pit, he shouts say ello to my little friend and then the gate goes up letting the Rancor in.
:rotfl!!!!

Back