Gentle Giant Jabba statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pixletwin said:
I don't see a Salacious Crumb on the GG set.

You can't have any Jabba! How can you have any Jabba if you don't eat your Crumbs!!!!???!!!

Look on the left side of the band...

Batty said:
So is that the same Max Rebo as the Christmas version minus the hat and lights?

Getting the Max Rebo set-up (with Crumb) might be worth it. Unless SS makes an announcement soon.

It almost seems like a race to see which company can get the most Jabba pieces out first.
Look at Attakus. Damn near every statue of theirs fits in with the Jabba set up.

The Band looks nice, but Jabba himself looks weak considering the quality GG has been giving over the years, hopefully this is a rough mockup and not a final product. I am getting the whole SS Jabba package, but if GG were to make an equally accurate and nice looking setup, I'd get that too, can't have too much Jabba.

What's funny is that seeing these pictures makes me even more excited about SS's Jabba set up. I am glad I have it on order.

Last edited:
It's nice to have Crumb with the band, but he should be on the throne because if you get the throne without the band, at least the setup will look better.

Wow, I usually like GG stuff, but Jabba is not looking so hot IMO there. I like SS's much more.

I do like the band though.

Love the band, not sure about Jabba. I'm an avid collector of both Sideshow and GG, but this is the first time I've felt such a direct conflict between the two. I'm so excited about the SS Jabba, it's just a little hard to get excited about another expensive version directly on its heels.

Now if GG had done a Wampa, or Obi-Wan on Boga, or Reek with Anakin, Padme, and Obi...I can think of several dioramas I'd rather have had right now.

Will get the band for sure though!

The whole thing looks pretty cool. Appears to be a nice set overall but I will be keeping my SS order. I don't need two Jabba sets running around my collection.

cid012f01c7395c7d087830uh7.jpg

Nice band! Will it be in scale with the SS Jabba? I love the fact that its the non-SE Sy Snootles. :rock

I am still scratching my head:confused: Is Jabba the dimensions of the Beast line, which seems closer to Kenner scale, or the Full size line, which seems to be the 1/6 scale? Either way I have sworn off statues. I want to have kids someday, and my nephews made it apparent that statues are too fragile to have with youngsters around. I also like to pose and repose stuff, and change displays around, so SS has GG beat for me.

Khev said:
cid012f01c7395c7d087830uh7.jpg

Nice band! Will it be in scale with the SS Jabba? I love the fact that its the non-SE Sy Snootles. :rock

I would be tempted by the band for sure if it wasn't for the fact I thought SS would make them I would get the band.

Notice the differences between SS's and GG's thrones. Most notably, the GG version doesn't have the same number of "gargoyle-like" heads on the front.

So which one is more accurate. :confused:

Jabba just doesn't look right for some reason, but that band is AMAZING!!! If it's to scale with Sideshow's it could triple the awesome look of that Jabba set-up.

LOTRFan said:
Thanks Josh, that screen cap settles that issue.

No problem. :)

Captain Aldeggon said:
Jabba just doesn't look right for some reason, but that band is AMAZING!!! If it's to scale with Sideshow's it could triple the awesome look of that Jabba set-up.

Jabba looks cool but I just don't need 2 and I prefer SS version. The band is tempting like you said because if those guys aren't gonna get made by SS then it would really make the setup even more awesome.

LOTRFan said:
Notice the differences between SS's and GG's thrones. Most notably, the GG version doesn't have the same number of "gargoyle-like" heads on the front.

So which one is more accurate. :confused:
To me it looks like both versions have four on the front.

jlcmsu said:
I would be tempted by the band for sure if it wasn't for the fact I thought SS would make them I would get the band.
The band are perfect for future creature packs, I don't see SSC passing up that opportunity.

Back