Gentle Giant Jabba statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luckily I prefer the Sideshow one... although the total price for GG's is not that bad. But I think Sideshow's looks more like Jabba to me... and of course its a nice 1/6 scale, not sure about GG.

I kinda like both SS and GG versions. I mean the price on the GG looks like it will be better then the SS one. If I had the room I would be tempted to get both.

But the Slave Leia statue is too big for this Jabba isn't she? So they can't really be displayed together? :confused:

I think Im going to get Jabba the band and Im going to pick up Rancor. Those three will make an awesome display. Will Malakili be in scale with say Oola and the band. IE about the same height.

Nice attempt, but really, why settle for smaller resin figures when I can have real action figures?

I preordered them because well I like them and I cant wait to get them and a Rancor all in the same case will look sweet.

Last edited:
:D
tomandshell said:
It seems like Leia will not be in scale with these items.

Well we might be suprised that it might be close to scale. Remove Oola and pillows and place your Leia statue on the Dias with Jabba! At this point who knows??? Northside collectibles had the dimentions listed as 21 inches long, 11 inches deep and 9 inches high. Leia is scrunched up just enough that she might fit on there.

Im getting both the GG and Sideshow then Ill decide then. I don't see to many collectors keeping both. I do love my Attakus Jabba though what am I gonna do with him?? Maybe Ill start a Jabba section

I hate to say it, but that GG Jabba looks like crap, literally. Jabba already resembles a giant turd to begin with, but that statue is just so poorly executed it looks even more like one. The rest of the set looks nice as does the Rebo band, but I don't know what went wrong with Jabba. I guess he had a bit too much of that pipe (and hense why it isn't there: they had to take it away from him :lol ). Sideshow's is much, much better and a whole lot less (scale factored in though).

Greedo said:
Im getting both the GG and Sideshow then Ill decide then. I don't see to many collectors keeping both.

I have decided to join you in the small group of people who will have both. I prefer Sideshow's but I think that having Oola and the band will be cool, and the light up Jawa and free Bib pushed me over the edge.

I'll get the GG based on how the final product looks and the price tag, if the price doesn't fit in my budget at the time it'll be out, then I'll have to pass.

Always two there are, a master and an apprentice. You decide which is which.

jabba14.jpg

jabba1.jpg

bbq2.jpg

Last edited:
wookilar8 said:

GG Jabba looks a little sea-sick.

But I love the light-up Jawa. Under the right lighting conditions, this set will look wicked.

So far, all I have on order is SS Jabba. I don't plan on getting any other Jabbas as I already have the IC Jabba...and have no idea what to do with him. I guess it could always become Gardulla. :D

Not a bad diorama. It'll be a nice addition to their 7" diorama line, and it will go great with the Rancor diorama. Out of the three Jabba's so far (SS, GG, Attakus) it will be the smallest. Not as nice, it seems, as the SS set, but, considering the "likeness" issue's with the diorama line, it would be on par the the more expensive Attakus set...just smaller. With the addition of the band, and the newly released Rancor diorama, it'll make an impressive display. Congrats to those who are getting it.

Back