Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics then. :) Didn't take a bunch yet. Just a couple. More will follow.

IMG_3023.jpg
IMG_3028.jpg

Because I'm weak I caved to the pressure lol. Picked her up. The sculpt is very cool, and pics don't do her justice at all. And this is an odd case where the final paints are actually better than the prototype.

Awesome pics, Darth.

I'll find one one of these days.. lol

Patience and persistence. :lecture

Because I'm weak I caved to the pressure lol. Picked her up. The sculpt is very cool, and pics don't do her justice at all. And this is an odd case where the final paints are actually better than the prototype.

Awesome pics, Darth.

:lol Congrats, Gorocketcat! :clap :duff :clap

Yup, still beautiful. :love :naughty :love

Very much, indeed. :)

Awesome pics, Darth.

Thanks!

Grats on your acquisition. :)

Well I'll definitely entertain offers. She's quite cool, but don't know if she's the right Black Widow for me.

The detailing on her suit is insane. And the guns(s) too.

Great Pics Darth! :hi5:

Yours seems paler then mine; or perhaps it's just a case of lighting and post-processing of the files.

Yeah, his is paler than mine too. I'm thinking it's the lighting.

I love that even her nails have been painted, trimmed, and polished. The detailing is insane. And, given how bad SS's Iron Patriot turned out, speaks volumes about what you can do if you take care about QC.

I'm not sure if Sideshow is relying on Chinses QA inspectors or if they have their own QA inspectors on site in China sporadically.

Not sure how anyone else feels but I wish they'd (Sideshow) bring their factory (back?) to the States.

I think the cost would definitely go up even more so on SSC statues if they manufactured them Stateside, that doesn't necessarily mean that QA would improve overnight. But the chances of improved QA would be better, IMO anyway.

I've been really lucky that I haven't received a statue with any major issues recently (Wonder Woman, Captain America: Allied attack on Hydra, etc.).

I had no intention on buying this but I've decided to try completing my movie Avenger collection in 1/4 scale and I don't see Black Widow getting much better than this so I pulled the trigger last night. Found her on Amazon for $624. Way too much IMO but much better than I have seen elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you are lucky. 2 of my last statues required replacements.

Sorry to hear that.

I had no intention on buying this but I've decided to try completing my movie Avenger collection in 1/4 scale and I don't see Black Widow getting much better than this so I pulled the trigger last night. Found her on Amazon for $624. Way too much IMO but much better than I have seen elsewhere.

Gentle Giant set the bar very high with this statue, it's gonna be extremely tough to beat this beauty. :lecture

Yeah they were not on my radar at all but now I will definitely keep an eye out. Her relaxed pose on this one does have me looking for complimentary pieces that are also more stoic and less dynamic. The use of the clear blocks also kills diorama setups. Would be great if they gave us AOU figures in this same style.

I'm already thinking of trying to have a Custom base made for my GG BW.

The clear base is far to big, too much negative unused space (IMHO).
- Yes the blocks are /nice/ but the amount of room it demands is silly. a horizontal, (I'm thinking) Urban style stand would compliment this piece just as much, so In the coming months I am going to look into custom stands and what not.

Back