Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, enough slack. Here's my pics.

IMG_3059.jpg

I dare you to insert that pistol in the holster :wink1:

Nice display Royce.

I notice you're using some weights to keep Iron Man from tipping over. I've had good luck with Museum Wax and Quake Hold under some of my tip-prone figures. They sell in in craft stores by displays and framing. You can also get it on Amazon.

I slowly feel my soul dying for not getting a replacement.

Though, I am hopeful that GG will make another for CW or IW.

Go to the following link for Will Harbottle's web site and you will see he is responsible for every statue of note that has come out of GG in the last several years. He's gone over to Sideshow. It makes me doubtful about seeing anything essential come out of GG for future Marvel films.

https://harbottle.artstation.com/

Go to the following link for Will Harbottle's web site and you will see he is responsible for every statue of note that has come out of GG in the last several years. He's gone over to Sideshow. It makes me doubtful about seeing anything essential come out of GG for future Marvel films.

https://harbottle.artstation.com/

Damn that sucks, didn't SS pretty much cancel any CB movie pieces? I know Cap and Thor are their only CB pieces coming out.

Then, this definitely definitely just murdered my soul. :lol

Just in case anyone wants to know.

Mightyape.com.au has one in stock.

But note I believe they may only ship to Australia and New Zealand.

Raw sculpt vs raw sculpt, I thought the SSC sculpt might have the better likeness. But something happened during the production of both statues, which really changed the outcome.

will-harbottle-blackwidow2.jpg

530487_614429948621675_1933018260_n.jpg

I wouldn't mind owning the SSC piece still, since I prefer mixed media over fully sculpted, but after watching YouTube videos & looking at pics of this GG piece, I felt the urge to buy it. I knew this piece existed, but it wasn't really something I was overly excited for. Not sure why I thought that. Maybe the promo pics didn't impress me? The YouTube videos & 'in hand' pics really make this piece look good.

Difference = paint app?
Maybe. I feel that even the SSC proto paint doesn't compliment the sculpt.

I think if Hot Toys or Enterbay had those exact same sculpts, but were for plastic figures, the results would be interesting. I think SSC's sculpt, with it's likeness & attitude might be the winner. But at the same time, GG's sculpt does use actual scan data, so who knows?

Seems to be a polystone thing that makes these things a step behind in lifelike appearance. Although, personally, I see more ScarJo in these, than I do any of the Black Widow Hot Toys figures.

Last edited:
Back