Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some thing happened with Artemisia, only worse because of a lower ES (270) compounded by QC issues which probably impacted at least 10% or the run. I ended up having to bit the ebay bullet on that one. However Black Widow is a much more popular character and the statue is truly fantastic, much better than the SS Iron Man version.

Some thing happened with Artemisia, only worse because of a lower ES (270) compounded by QC issues which probably impacted at least 10% or the run. I ended up having to bit the ebay bullet on that one. However Black Widow is a much more popular character and the statue is truly fantastic, much better than the SS Iron Man version.

I had BW on pre order too and cancelled because I didn't think it would be hard to find lol Ugh! I will be happy to at least have the Winter Soldier Captain America statue but it would be nice to pair the two together.

I have to say man I love the IM BW version, she was my first 1/4 statue and I picked up a Custom Avengers Hair Sculpt which I think looks great :)

I have no doubt that the GG version is a keeper and indeed a beaut', but don't be dissing the SS ScarJo :lol

IMG_2878.JPG IMG_2915.JPG

Well, after 24 hours of inner turmoil - I have swallowed my pride (and probably common sense), and purchased a piece from eBay. :thud:

Despite my Wanted Thread here on the board - I couldn't see it pulling anyone in, so it was a case of do I keep trying and trying and in the mean time loose out on the last low (ish) price eBay listing.

I had to look from the point of view that now that the EU (and indeed maybe others too) pre-orders are cancelled there will be those much like myself eagerly seeking to pick up this piece. With a total of 600 all in, it's unlikely the prices listed are going to get any /better/.

Unit Price + UK Shipping + Import fees (which I am dreading) - I still think it's worth it. It's that one piece that I just have to have for my collection and well I just had to take the heavy hit on this one. :(

I just wish I knew sooner! :gah:

Congrats on getting BW! :duff :hi5:

I have to say man I love the IM BW version, she was my first 1/4 statue and I picked up a Custom Avengers Hair Sculpt which I think looks great :)

I have no doubt that the GG version is a keeper and indeed a beaut', but don't be dissing the SS ScarJo :lol

View attachment 176771 View attachment 176772

Right on, SSC BW is still one of my favorite PFs! :rock

I love the custom short hair on yours, I missed out on getting that here on the boards. :slap :lol

Congrats on getting BW! :duff :hi5:

Thanks Snoopy! :hi5:
- Now follows the obligatory game of checking my phone every 5 minutes for parcel location updates! :impatient:

Right on, SSC BW is still one of my favorite PFs! :rock

I love the custom short hair on yours, I missed out on getting that here on the boards. :slap :lol

Absolutely - Great sculpt and booty'ful pose!
Emoticon%20Metal%20Rock%201.gif

Sorry that you missed out of getting the hair - Perhaps enquire to see if a piece could be made for you? :wink1:

Thanks Snoopy! :hi5:
- Now follows the obligatory game of checking my phone every 5 minutes for parcel location updates! :impatient:

whew.gif
Thank God I'm not the only one who does that. :lol

Absolutely - Great sculpt and booty'ful pose!
Emoticon%20Metal%20Rock%201.gif

:hi5:

Sorry that you missed out of getting the hair - Perhaps enquire to see if a piece could be made for you? :wink1:

I'll have to look into that! :D

She arrived today :yess:

IMG_3059.JPG

Unboxed in work (couldn't wait) :lol ^

Arrived a lot quicker then I expected and best of all no import fees - woohoo! :fireworks
- I'm so glad I didn't let this piece get away.

Arrived a lot quicker then I expected and best of all no import fees - woohoo!

Who delivered? Some deliver and then 2 weeks later you get a import fee bill. I'm taking out of personal experience. If a couriercompany doesn't collect the import fees they're in big trouble with the authorities - at least here in Denmark so they are very very very carefully to do it right. All I'm saying is: don't celebrate just yet.

Congrats on BW :)

She looks sweet, Congrats!

As Stampe said, depending on which courier was used, don't count your blessings just yet.
ParcelForce hold until duty is payed, others bill you later.

Who delivered? Some deliver and then 2 weeks later you get a import fee bill. I'm taking out of personal experience. If a couriercompany doesn't collect the import fees they're in big trouble with the authorities - at least here in Denmark so they are very very very carefully to do it right. All I'm saying is: don't celebrate just yet.

Congrats on BW :)

She looks sweet, Congrats!

As Stampe said, depending on which courier was used, don't count your blessings just yet.
ParcelForce hold until duty is payed, others bill you later.

Many thanks!

With regard to the customs and whatnot:

Pretty sure I'm in the clear - It was Parcelfarce who delivered it and they do not let things go without payment. It cleared customs and was with me within a Day.

Finally a lucky break with this piece; as suffice it to say it's been eventful!

Hi, does anyone know the actual weight of this statue? I managed to snag one for well above the odds (not quite as bad as prices now though!), would anyone put this on a Detolf shelf?

Thanks

Hi, does anyone know the actual weight of this statue? I managed to snag one for well above the odds (not quite as bad as prices now though!), would anyone put this on a Detolf shelf?

Thanks

I wouldn't say it's any heavier then the SS IM2 Black Widow. The base does however demand a lot of space, but in terms of weight I don't see it being an issue for a Detolf Shelf.

I wouldn't say it's any heavier then the SS IM2 Black Widow. The base does however demand a lot of space, but in terms of weight I don't see it being an issue for a Detolf Shelf.

Thank you, I found a listing on the Amazon UK site that said 5kg but wasn't sure if I could trust it!

Back