Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSF member?
- How much did she set you back in the end (if you don't mind saying)?

With regard to the cubes: Mine were separate. I too asked myself if they should have been glued initially, but it looks to me like you place them sort of where and how you want them (in terms of the angle).

Mines a lot less wobbly then yours. Did you check to see the base is the right way up?
- I ask as one side as a wider bit where the top of the screw slots into.

SSF member?
- How much did she set you back in the end (if you don't mind saying)?

With regard to the cubes: Mine were separate. I too asked myself if they should have been glued initially, but it looks to me like you place them sort of where and how you want them (in terms of the angle).

Mines a lot less wobbly then yours. Did you check to see the base is the right way up?
- I ask as one side as a wider bit where the top of the screw slots into.

After I made a whine post on my FB Page, I was contacted by someone who forwarded me to a European retailer who was getting two of her. Got her from there. Price was $522.

Regarding the cubes, on my base, I can see some residue or remains of what seems to be the two pieces having been stuck to each other. It also makes sense in terms of the packaging son these pieces were contained in the same bag.

I can try and check if I can tighten the screw a bit more on the base. The base is facing correctly upwards, though. But might be able to tighten the screw just a bit more.

Congrats Chris! Nice unboxing video.

My cubes were also like yours. They came unattached from the round acrylic base. From the way it was packaged in the Styrofoam, the cubes were positioned below the acrylic base but were all still contained in the same plastic bag. So whether the cubes were supposed to be entirely glued down to the base or not, I am not sure. The 2 cubes themselves are quite heavy blocks. So I am thinking even if they were supposed to be factory glued down, the cubes might fall apart from the base during transport when these boxes could be rotated during packaging and handling, in which case the cubes would be pulled apart from the base by its own gravitational weight since it looks like it is packaged with the base upside down. Like you, I saw a bit of the residue on the base which seems to hint where the edge of the cubes are to be positioned/aligned onto the base and also by studying photos online for reference.

I would tighten that foot screw a little bit more just to ensure that she is a little more snug and secure. Yours definitely look a bit too wobbly.

But I am glad your pistols fit into the holsters. I don't have the guts to force mine in. I will just display them on the base by her foot to show as accessories.

After I made a whine post on my FB Page, I was contacted by someone who forwarded me to a European retailer who was getting two of her. Got her from there. Price was $522.

Regarding the cubes, on my base, I can see some residue or remains of what seems to be the two pieces having been stuck to each other. It also makes sense in terms of the packaging son these pieces were contained in the same bag.

I can try and check if I can tighten the screw a bit more on the base. The base is facing correctly upwards, though. But might be able to tighten the screw just a bit more.

Good price! :hi5:

Has got me thinking about the cubes now I have to say. No residue or ghost of square imprint to indicate mine were ever attached. That said, it would make more sense for them to be attached so the owner doesn't have to guess the intended set up and position of those cubes.

I would carefully try tightening the screw a little just to make her a little less wobbly.

If you can get it for retail it's a steal. Ask if they will let you inspect it, if it's good don't pass it up. You won't see that price again.

I'll swing by again and check it out. I really want to like it, but can't get over how unfinished it looks with that base.

The details on her suit and gun are incredible though. Very very cool.

Swung by and checked her out again today. Pics don't come close to doing her justice. The paint job on her face is pretty solid, and she looks real slick. Still not 100% behind the base, but I really like the pose.

If I still like her tomorrow, based on your recommendations, I'll probably snag her. Worst case I sell her, right?

Swung by and checked her out again today. Pics don't come close to doing her justice. The paint job on her face is pretty solid, and she looks real slick. Still not 100% behind the base, but I really like the pose.

If I still like her tomorrow, based on your recommendations, I'll probably snag her. Worst case I sell her, right?

Exactly and if you snag her and then decide to sell her you could sell her to a Freak! :D

I'm sure there are more than a few here that would take her off your hands :)

Back