General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would have been fun if Lakers had gotten Kawhi, kept Kuz, and then signed Cousins to the exception. That would have been fun bball in the west! I dunno, it feels like GS is just getting to a point of too much of a good thing. I feel like karma will bite them in the ass with injuries or something this year.

Hous would've beaten GS if they had Paul and they had the worst offensive game plan I've seen from a team. LA doesn't need anyone outside of Leonard if they don't have to give up Kuzma. I really hate this we can't beat them, so I'll join them mentality. Cousins could've gotten that 1yr contract from a lot of contending teams.

Houston isn’t close to as good as the Warriors if the Warriors bring their “A” game. Last year the Warriors played like crap pretty much the entire season, and still won. If the Warriors even play at a “B” level they will dominate the rest of the league, win another tile, and win 68+ games.

Houston almost took advantage of the Warriors playing at a “D” level. If the Warriors play that way again, the Rockets and Celtics have a shot to knock them off.

I’m not sure where the Warriors will be mentally this year. Based on last season I could see them possibly regressing which does give other teams a good shot to knock them off. I hope I’m wrong and that they are actually motivated this season.

Hopefully Houston gets their **** together soon and sign Capella and someone to fill Ariza’s shoes ASAP. Otherwise, the Rockets are going to take a major step back. I’m not sure who they’re targeting at this point, other than Capella. They are going to need to get some 3 and D guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KD did the same thing. Why not Cousins? I can understand if you don't like him as a player but he's hardly the 1st to jump ship to try and win a ring. It's the modern NBA. Don't bother beating them when you can join them.

He did the right thing. He knew he wasn’t going to get a big contract this year so he wanted a one year contract that would give him flexibility next season. What teams offered him the best chances to improve his value while also giving him time to recover on his own time table? There’s a reason he only wanted to sign with the Warriors or Celtics, and it seems to be pretty well thought out.

I’m not a fan of Cousins, but I hope to become one over time as a Warriors fan.

Next mid level extension acquisition.

9attTzA.jpg

We can hope for a slow or lingering recovery for Boogie so this nonsense stops. I’m certain the 3 GSW fans and the bandwagoners love this but another uninteresting season ahead.

Each of the last two seasons my viewing has gotten less and less making me even more spiteful of GSW Durant and Curry.

Kudos to the organization for pulling it off but the parity and interest is gone

Well, the Warriors will play so lazily during the season that it'll be interesting, until the playoffs or finals when they take games seriously. Still, the West should be interesting to watch with the Lakers, Thunder, Rockets, the Spurs drama and the Warriors going for a third tittle.

Houston isn’t close to as good as the Warriors if the Warriors bring their “A” game. Last year the Warriors played like crap pretty much the entire season, and still won. If the Warriors even play at a “B” level they will dominate the rest of the league, win another tile, and win 68+ games.

Houston almost took advantage of the Warriors playing at a “D” level. If the Warriors play that way again, the Rockets and Celtics have a shot to knock them off.

I’m not sure where the Warriors will be mentally this year. Based on last season I could see them possibly regressing which does give other teams a good shot to knock them off. I hope I’m wrong and that they are actually motivated this season.

Hopefully Houston gets their **** together soon and sign Capella and someone to fill Ariza’s shoes ASAP. Otherwise, the Rockets are going to take a major step back. I’m not sure who they’re targeting at this point, other than Capella. They are going to need to get some 3 and D guys.

I can't fault his choice. He's just doing what's best for him. That doesn't change the fact that he'll have a ring when it's all said and done. One he wouldn't have if he didn't join GS. As I said, this is the modern NBA. You can't beat them, just join them.

I can't fault his choice. He's just doing what's best for him. That doesn't change the fact that he'll have a ring when it's all said and done. One he wouldn't have if he didn't join GS. As I said, this is the modern NBA. You can't beat them, just join them.

The other thing is, what should the Warriors do? Are the Warriors wrong for improving their roster? The rest of the league is trying to revamp to beat them, and the Warriors need to try to stay ahead.

The only thing that will beat the Warriors are the Warriors, but that was true last season too...and they almost lost in the WCF. So, I think this season may still be interesting if the Warriors aren’t fully engaged (and they probably won’t.) If they are engaged and healthy, they should win 75 games (they won’t).

Well, the Warriors will play so lazily during the season that it'll be interesting, until the playoffs or finals when they take games seriously. Still, the West should be interesting to watch with the Lakers, Thunder, Rockets, the Spurs drama and the Warriors going for a third tittle.

4th title during this run, or 5th if you’re including the Rick Barry Warriors.

Would have been fun if Lakers had gotten Kawhi, kept Kuz, and then signed Cousins to the exception. That would have been fun bball in the west! I dunno, it feels like GS is just getting to a point of too much of a good thing. I feel like karma will bite them in the ass with injuries or something this year.

They’re going to have to dump players eventually

The other thing is, what should the Warriors do? Are the Warriors wrong for improving their roster? The rest of the league is trying to revamp to beat them, and the Warriors need to try to stay ahead.

The only thing that will beat the Warriors are the Warriors, but that was true last season too...and they almost lost in the WCF. So, I think this season may still be interesting if the Warriors aren’t fully engaged (and they probably won’t.) If they are engaged and healthy, they should win 75 games (they won’t).

Has nothing to do with the Warriors org and everything to do with all star caliber players taking the easiest road possible to winning a title. There are no comparisons to this Warriors team either. They are already the most stacked team in the modern era before Cousins. I don't see how it will help Cousins value when he won't touch the ball enough to get big stats to show he is back to where he was or not. I bet every single playoff team would've been interested to possibly sign him at that price.

I hate GS but I don't blame them for doing this... I'd do the same thing if I was in their position but its making the 2nd consecutive regular season completely unwatchable. I guess I miss the days of beat them rather than join them.

What's your argument to say they played like crap this year during the regular season? Aside from a Curry injury and some missed games from the other guys. Saying they played at a "D" level during the Rockets series is a little too much don't you think? The Rockets had their best season/record in history that didn't involve winning a title. Guys like cp, ariza, tucker, and yes even harden at times turned up the defense. KD went bananas on them the entire series and at times curry/klay did too of course but Rockets played excellent defense for the most part. As good as you can against a team like the Warriors.

He did the right thing. He knew he wasn’t going to get a big contract this year so he wanted a one year contract that would give him flexibility next season. What teams offered him the best chances to improve his value while also giving him time to recover on his own time table? There’s a reason he only wanted to sign with the Warriors or Celtics, and it seems to be pretty well thought out.

I’m not a fan of Cousins, but I hope to become one over time as a Warriors fan.

If he's seeking his next big contract after this coming season how does joining the Warriors help? Significant amount of loss in touches and less of a chance to show what he can do on the regular after an injury like this. If anything he should have joined a lesser team, took his time until he felt ready, then gone out there to be the main, or one of the main options. This just simply seems like an easy ring grab and easy coasting.

Then again this is the NBA we are talking about. I'm sure he'll get a max contract regardless.

I hate GS but I don't blame them for doing this... I'd do the same thing if I was in their position but its making the 2nd consecutive regular season completely unwatchable. I guess I miss the days of beat them rather than join them.

You can't blame them. If a allstar/superstar comes knocking on your door and saying he'll play for pennies then you better open that door up.

Has nothing to do with the Warriors org and everything to do with all star caliber players taking the easiest road possible to winning a title. There are no comparisons to this Warriors team either. They are already the most stacked team in the modern era before Cousins. I don't see how it will help Cousins value when he won't touch the ball enough to get big stats to show he is back to where he was or not. I bet every single playoff team would've been interested to possibly sign him at that price.

So you’d respect Boogie more if he went to the Clippers?

Pretty much sums it up. It's not about who teams sign. A GM is always trying to sign the most talented players. It's more about how today's star NBA players can't handle competing for a championship. Star player can't lead his team to a championship? Join the team you can't beat or try to get a couple of stars on the same team to form a super team. It's all about avoiding competition and paving the easiest road to a championship. It's the lack of drive and competition among today's players that bugs me the most.

Back