General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow so apparently Cousins turned down a 2 year/40mil offer from New Orleans.

I thought he said no one ever made him an offer...

So you’d respect Boogie more if he went to the Clippers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yep. Like I said, he could've joined almost any team at that price. Joining GS is not going to help his stock rise.

Pretty much sums it up. It's not about who teams sign. A GM is always trying to sign the most talented players. It's more about how today's star NBA players can't handle competing for a championship. Star player can't lead his team to a championship? Join the team you can't beat or try to get a couple of stars on the same team to form a super team. It's all about avoiding competition and paving the easiest road to a championship. It's the lack of drive and competition among today's players that bugs me the most.

But, let's also not kid ourselves, it takes at least 2-3 all stars to win a title, so I do understand when some players are not gifted with all star teammates, but this Warriors thing is over the top. It has been since KD joined them.

Well then you guys shouldn’t be mad about Boogie, but you should be at your favorite team for not making him an offer.

Well then you guys shouldn’t be mad about Boogie, but you should be at your favorite team for not making him an offer.

this article also states he turned down the 2 year offer from NO after his injury: https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lak...-turned-40m-pelicans-last-year-001753364.html

He was a cancer on "my" team, so no thanks, never would want him back, even at that price. Doesn't mean he couldn't help a contender though. I'm starting to think Magic is not very good at his job. He's made some very bad moves imo. He got lucky with Kuzma, made the horrible pick in ball, let Randle go for nothing, refused to sign Cousins for nothing. Lebron most likely only went their for the glam and his kids, so I don't give Magic any credit for that one.

this article also states he turned down the 2 year offer from NO after his injury: https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lak...-turned-40m-pelicans-last-year-001753364.html

He was a cancer on "my" team, so no thanks, never would want him back, even at that price. Doesn't mean he couldn't help a contender though. I'm starting to think Magic is not very good at his job. He's made some very bad moves imo. He got lucky with Kuzma, made the horrible pick in ball, let Randle go for nothing, refused to sign Cousins for nothing. Lebron most likely only went their for the glam and his kids, so I don't give Magic any credit for that one.

Oh, you are talking about an offer from last year, that’s why it’s not being mentioned now.

I wonder how much input Lebron has in the Lakers signings? I honestly think it’s been pretty odd to sign bad shooter after bad shooter. DeMarcus might have been a good signing for the Lakers because it would be a big name, and they’d have more cap to re-sign him in a year (assuming his health). My guess is they feared him tainting their young players in the locker room.

In theory, the Lakers could have had Cousins, Lebron and Kawhi going into next season as their core. It’s still possible they can do that in the off-season next year, but it will take more moves and they may lose some pieces if they have to do a sign and trade.

Who knows, Magic might look like a genius next summer if he signs Kawhi and another star as free agents without giving up any of the key core players. [emoji848]

Magic will that's why he's doing all of the BS 1 year deals right now. He'll have to find a team to take Deng's contract though after this season to get his third star. It'll be expiring so shouldn't be too hard to find a taker.

Anyone would be foolish to think they're going to get a max or close to when their achilles is busted up. A 2/40 is fair. I know there were rumors of a trade to the Wizards trying to be worked out as well before the signing.

Lebron is 33 man, can't be playing any long games. They could've traded him next year if they needed to. He's a really good player. KD could've gone to LA this year if he wanted to and those are easy titles to win in GS while they are together and healthy. I don't see him ever leaving until the things actually get hard for GS, then he'll bolt.

The fact that LeBron signed a four year deal instead of the usual two year deal with the second as a player option illustrates that at least he thinks he can.

With the amount of extra playoff games and minutes he’s played, conventional wisdom says that LeBron will slow down soon...after all, Father Time is undefeated. But after the last season he had, it could be argued that he’s still got two/three years left as the game’s best player. He trains year round and spends millions of dollars to take care of his body. These one year deals the Lakers are giving out preps them to be players in next year’s free agency as well. If they can’t trade for Kawhi this year, they can attempt to sign him outright next year (this is based on the supposition that Kawhi doesn’t fall in love with any other team he’s traded to a la PG13 resigning with the Thunder). KD could opt out next year (I’m not suggesting he will opt out, but the possibility is there, and Magic Johnson seems to confident in his ability to convince players to come to the Lakers). And it’s been reported that Jimmy Butler will not sign an extension with the TWolves after this upcoming season, so that’s potentially a target.

While I hate to say it’s a fait accompli that the Warriors win the title again this season, it really is. Houston had their shot this postseason, and their shooting abandoned them in games 6 and 7. Live by the three, die by the three, indeed. And they got weaker when Trevor Ariza decided to take a one year deal with Phoenix.

The fact that LeBron signed a four year deal instead of the usual two year deal with the second as a player option illustrates that at least he thinks he can.

With the amount of extra playoff games and minutes he’s played, conventional wisdom says that LeBron will slow down soon...after all, Father Time is undefeated. But after the last season he had, it could be argued that he’s still got two/three years left as the game’s best player. He trains year round and spends millions of dollars to take care of his body. These one year deals the Lakers are giving out preps them to be players in next year’s free agency as well. If they can’t trade for Kawhi this year, they can attempt to sign him outright next year (this is based on the supposition that Kawhi doesn’t fall in love with any other team he’s traded to a la PG13 resigning with the Thunder). KD could opt out next year (I’m not suggesting he will opt out, but the possibility is there, and Magic Johnson seems to confident in his ability to convince players to come to the Lakers). And it’s been reported that Jimmy Butler will not sign an extension with the TWolves after this upcoming season, so that’s potentially a target.

While I hate to say it’s a fait accompli that the Warriors win the title again this season, it really is. Houston had their shot this postseason, and their shooting abandoned them in games 6 and 7. Live by the three, die by the three, indeed. And they got weaker when Trevor Ariza decided to take a one year deal with Phoenix.

from what I've read, Bulter and Kyrie are looking to hook up in NY, so I'd say that's very unlikely either goes to LA. Klay will for sure stay in GS, no reason to leave. From the looks of it, Magic has done an awesome job in surrounding Lebron with NON shooters. They let Lopez go to Mil for a measly 3.4 million, yet would rather have McGee???. He's doing a really bad job so far, I think you better hope this roster doesn't stay the same going into the season.

from what I've read, Bulter and Kyrie are looking to hook up in NY, so I'd say that's very unlikely either goes to LA. Klay will for sure stay in GS, no reason to leave. From the looks of it, Magic has done an awesome job in surrounding Lebron with NON shooters. They let Lopez go to Mil for a measly 3.4 million, yet would rather have McGee???. He's doing a really bad job so far, I think you better hope this roster doesn't stay the same going into the season.

I think Javale could put up (relatively) big numbers alongside Lebron. Deandre Jordan type numbers. I think he was underutilized in Golden State. Granted, I see this as a high risk move. Javale could do what I predicted above, or completely flop due to conflicts in the locker room or something like that.

I am really sad he isn’t on the Warriors any more. He seemed like a good guy, tried hard every night, did tons of charitable events, and was a fan favorite. Honestly, he might have been the 2nd most loved player on the team besides Steph by the local fans.

Looks like Kawhi Leonard is going to Toronto for a package headlined by DeMar DeRozan. Big gamble by Toronto GM Masai Ujiri.

unlike the OKC situation, Toronto has no accompanying big time players to entice Leonard on coming back to Toronto next year. This is a team as currently constructed that has 0 chance against Bos or Phi. Big win for SA to get something out of it, even though they probably get bounced in the first round again. If the Lakers get him to walk to them next summer, they obviously end up being the big winners here because they didn't give up anything.

Toronto is probably ****ed. Kawhi is already saying he is unhappy he was traded to Toronto. This trade seems to make little sense for the Raptors.

Quote from NBA “insider” Chris Haynes of ESPN, “Kawhi has no interest in playing in Toronto.”

It's a contract dump for Toronto.

Whatever, fk Kawhi. Hope he enjoys taking a dogsled to work next year.

End of an era for San Antonio. Timmy retired two years ago, Tony Parker signing with Charlotte, Kawhi and Danny Green being traded...anyone think Manu will come back? Was a great run by the Spurs.

Back