General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Houston Rockets Blue Print for next season:

1) Get rid of Lin. His percentages are up from last year and he is a good play maker, but defense is the big issue. Plus he made some big time mistakes that cost them one or two games in the series. Harden is a worse defender than he is, but obviously your not going to get rid of your franchise player. Get another defensive PG to go along with Beverly.
2) Try to retain Omer Asik. But obviously if he wants to go than you can't force him to play.
3) Coach Mchale needs to go bye bye. The guy doesn't have a playbook. The entire season, Lin fans were screaming that Jeremy was being misused. Well how about Francisco Garcia and Casspi? Shooters go through slumps, but Mchale did absolutely nothing to try to improve their confidence. As soon as they started slipping, Mchale benched them for the rest of the season. So your a three point/drive to the basket team, but you have no three point shooters off the bench. Your team has awful perimeter defense, but you kept your best perimeter defender in Garcia benched.
4) Dwight Howard: Avoid the Los Angeles area and social media for the next six months.

people use the word choke way too liberally on here. 1. the Spurs are actually playing good, just that the Mavericks are as well. 2. the Mavericks are an 8th seed but way better then any 8th seed should be, and would be like a 4th seed in the East.

Yes, I use it liberally cause I don't like the spurs and/or the lakers.

Houston Rockets Blue Print for next season:

1) Get rid of Lin. His percentages are up from last year and he is a good play maker, but defense is the big issue. Plus he made some big time mistakes that cost them one or two games in the series. Harden is a worse defender than he is, but obviously your not going to get rid of your franchise player. Get another defensive PG to go along with Beverly.
2) Try to retain Omer Asik. But obviously if he wants to go than you can't force him to play.
3) Coach Mchale needs to go bye bye. The guy doesn't have a playbook. The entire season, Lin fans were screaming that Jeremy was being misused. Well how about Francisco Garcia and Casspi? Shooters go through slumps, but Mchale did absolutely nothing to try to improve their confidence. As soon as they started slipping, Mchale benched them for the rest of the season. So your a three point/drive to the basket team, but you have no three point shooters off the bench. Your team has awful perimeter defense, but you kept your best perimeter defender in Garcia benched.
4) Dwight Howard: Avoid the Los Angeles area and social media for the next six months.

Howard actually played somewhat well. He wasn't the reason why they lost. They just don't have a great TEAM. Garcia wasn't getting minutes in Sacramento, so I know exactly why he wasn't getting any in Houston .

So it's not like I really care but I just have to ask, what the hell happened to the Pacers? Did the Granger trade really kill the team that much? Hate to say it but the coach has to go, he's lost total control of this team.

who knows, all of a sudden Hibbert can't play a lick. I'm enjoying it right now, but Ind could still make it out in 7 again. Of course I want Lebron to win another ring, but it's a very real possibility we could see Por/LAC and Wash/Brook in their conference finals. I don't think the NBA would like that though.

who knows, all of a sudden Hibbert can't play a lick. I'm enjoying it right now, but Ind could still make it out in 7 again. Of course I want Lebron to win another ring, but it's a very real possibility we could see Por/LAC and Wash/Brook in their conference finals. I don't think the NBA would like that though.

I havent been arrogant heat fan since year one of the big three... But I don't think Brooklyn stands a chance of beating Miami. Heat in 5.

Really like the way the wiz are playing right now, glad to see the hometown team doing well for a change. I think they have a good shot of making the ECF.

So Mark Jackson is fired. Question now is would you want to coach GS? Great young team but no loyalty to a winning coach whom the players really respect. I don't think the GS front office looks really good right now.

yea, it would be stupid if they fired him without having a really good idea of who they want to replace him. Either Van Gundy could be good, can't really think of anyone else.

I know Phil Jackson has Steve Kerr in mind, but Mark Jackson in New York seems poetic to me.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that Steve Kerr is getting so much attention these days. I guess head coaches with no coaching experience is in these days. Where do I apply?

I understand the interest in NY because of the Phil Jackson connection. It's the interest from other teams that has me puzzled.

not sure if Paul choked the game away or if refs gave OKC the game. They miss a replay that looks like it was LAC ball, then make that foul call. At the same time, I was saying wtf is Paul doing?

Yeah, that's the worst I've ever seen Chris Paul play at crunch time. Three mistakes in a row. First, he assumes the refs are going to call the foul and doesn't secure the ball, then fouls Westbrook on the three attempt (although that was a borderline call), then losing the ball on the last possession.

And he knows it, he looked like someone just killed his dog at the press conference . Missed opportunity.

Back