General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ibaka's impact is more on defense, rebounding, and weakside shot-blocking. His scoring is a bonus, but OKC can hopefully make up with that with reggie Jackson and Caron Butler.

I think Miami wins the series, but I think Indy takes game 1? They can't seriously drop three game 1's in a row, can they?

Yeah Indy came out and did what they needed to. You knew they would be up to face Miami. I think that it was hard for them to find the right motivation against teams not from Miami. Their entire season has been about the Heat and home court advantage. I expect this series to be tied 2-2 with both teams winning on their home court headed into game 5. That's when it gets real!

Yeah Indy came out and did what they needed to. You knew they would be up to face Miami. I think that it was hard for them to find the right motivation against teams not from Miami. Their entire season has been about the Heat and home court advantage. I expect this series to be tied 2-2 with both teams winning on their home court headed into game 5. That's when it gets real!

if that's the case, then they have no chance at ever winning a title. I wonder if Miami tries Oden or Beasley in the next game lol. Battier starting at the 4 never worked against Ind, I was baffled why Spoelstra even tried. Hate to say it, but I think Battier might be done, he just can't defend like he used to and he hasn't really been a shot maker this year at all.

I agree about Battier. I think this is it for him. I'm sure he will hit some big shots at some point in the series but I would guess that this is his final season. What happened with Beasley? He was contributing earlier in the season and then he wasn't in the rotation anymore. I thought he would provide some valuable scoring off the bench.

no clue, but I bet it has to do with his defensive effort, not that Miami showed much of it in game 1. Offense didn't really seem to be there problem today, it's can they still play that consistent lock down defense that won them 2 titles?

Beasley has been wildly inconsistent and a defensive liability. Which is why he lost favor.

Heat has yet to lose back-to-back games in the postseason in the big three era… game 2 is a big one. Heat have also lost game 1 on 4 separate occasions including to OKC in OKC in the finals. They went on to a 16-2 record in those series.

Its also interesting that it seems like this entire post season has been about throwing what seemed to be giant monkey wrenches into the gears of the playoffs only to end up exactly where we are suppose to (with 1 and 2 seeds in the conference finals). Everyone in the media has jumped to so many conclusions (altanta will beat indiana, the spurs will lost to mavs, OkC can't make it past memphis, etc) that its hard to give any of them credibility. (Bill simmons predicted washington over indiana in 6! and this is supposed to be Mr. Basketball?!)

That's what I love about the playoffs. By the time you get to the conference finals you usually end up with the teams that are supposed to be there. It's easy to get over excited from one game. I remember Chicago beating Miami in game 1 last year and then losing 4 straight. Every game is different and teams can make huge changes from one game to the next. Bill Simmons gets caught up in the hype!

Ibaka's impact is more on defense, rebounding, and weakside shot-blocking. His scoring is a bonus, but OKC can hopefully make up with that with reggie Jackson and Caron Butler.

I think Miami wins the series, but I think Indy takes game 1? They can't seriously drop three game 1's in a row, can they?

Hopefully not is more like it. Screw the Thunder

I don't think its possible to mess this one up. I was hoping Philly would get it. They need to be relevant again.

I find watching nba playoffs so difficult. Anyone else? NBA reffering is by far the the worst out of the big sports. Just my two cent that is worth nothing. This is a guy that has no horse in the race.

I think basketball is the hardest of the major sports to officiate. Everyone fouls all game long and they have to pick out the important ones. It's all judgement calls and that leaves room for error. I think they do a good enough job.

Cavs will draft Embied...and blow another #1 pick...

Cavs are pathetic, doesn't matter how many picks the NBA continues to hand them. No coach, and a lousy owner will get them no where.

I find watching nba playoffs so difficult. Anyone else? NBA reffering is by far the the worst out of the big sports. Just my two cent that is worth nothing. This is a guy that has no horse in the race.

the refs have always made consistent horrible calls in every game and that will never change. All 4 teams have floppers, so that doesn't make it easier. Heat won, but they just look old to me. Not enough 2 way players. A shame Oden and Beasley were failed pick ups. I give Oden more of a pass since he has to learn how to play again.

Back