Gang Boy by Rainman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alex Delarge by Rainman

great news! my first rainman full set figure since Tyler V2. just secured myself a head/clothing set of the dude too! what a great day to be a Rainman fan!

28uuqq.jpg

I would love it if he teams up with Kato, atleast on the shirt. I have dreams about this- is this strange?

Your avatar makes me want a Rainman Dr. Strangelove... and Dave Bowman, and Jack.

I think the usual tailor that Rainman normally use would be fine. I could definitely use the money saved and have Rainman sculpt more stuffs and accessories for Alex.

The eye ball cuffs would look awesome :rock

I woke up this morning and cant believe this is real :panic: :yess:

I would love it if he teams up with Kato, atleast on the shirt. I have dreams about this- is this strange?
My biggest worries are the clothing. And how they look on the body et.

It's simple the gear, the whites can be deceivingly boring, but there are oh so perfect for the character.

I woke up this morning and cant believe this is real :panic: :yess:
I've been going nuts since this announcement, as my reality is, this may be the closest thing I get to a perfect Alex. The likelihood of HT making one almost has me like a addict checking this thread...

My biggest worries are the clothing. And how they look on the body et.

It's simple the gear, the whites can be deceivingly boring, but there are oh so perfect for the character.

I've been going nuts since this announcement, as my reality is, this may be the closest thing I get to a perfect Alex. The likelihood of HT making one almost has me like a addict checking this thread...

:lol I have been singing singin in the rain all morning and p___g my work colleagues off

Great news for you guys :)

Personally, I like the film but far too disturbing to want a figure from it for me.

Any ideas what else is on Rainman's mind for the future?

Personally, I like the film but far too disturbing to want a figure from it for me.

Yeah very interesting, see I like to watch Halloween and Friday the 13th but they are way to disturbing for me to ever want a 12" figure of them

Alex is a completely different kettle of fish for me however :)

Could I see the Alex you already have?

Sure, and if it bothers anyone to post these I'll be happy to take them down. Here's the full thread on it: Custom Alex

The custom was started by board member Charles Hughey... he commissioned the sculpt and clothing and did the finishing work on many of them. The clothing were made by SMcG, sculpted pieces were by Rocco, boots were from DiD Che and the stand is from EvilFace.

ccy.jpg

ddb-1.jpg

ddc-1.jpg

ddd-1.jpg

Overall I'm quite happy with him... but I think the sculpt is a bit too rough and somewhat characterized. Still, to date I think its the best Alex I've seen.

However I'm sure Rainman will kick this one in the yarbles :lol

Hopefully I can secure one of these. One of my favorite movies. We desperately need for characters from Kubrick's films.

Yeah very interesting, see I like to watch Halloween and Friday the 13th but they are way to disturbing for me to ever want a 12" figure of them

Alex is a completely different kettle of fish for me however :)
Yeah, the traditional movie monsters (and even unhinged psychopaths like Norman Bates or Jack Torrance) aren't nearly as unsettling to me as Alex for some reason. He seems more real somehow, and something I can almost understand, which makes his actions that much more disturbing.

For that reason, as I think about it, I'm also on the fence about the idea of having the figure. I agree with several of the messages of the film (as I interpret it), the character is as iconic as they come, and the performance and level of film-making are magnificent. But, I don't feel comfortable or happy when I watch the film--as I think was Kubrick's intentions. And do I want a believable guy who rapes and beats up the homeless for his jollies on my shelf? Not sure.

This will be real horror show me brothers.

Maybe a Plainview? Wake me up.

Back