Gang Boy by Rainman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alex Delarge by Rainman

Interestingly, Clockwork Orange collectibles have recently been licensed (bobble heads and plushies, at least). I thought that Kubrick licenses of this sort would not be licensed as collectibles/toys, and yet. . .if that is the case, a licensed 1/6 version from an actual toy company isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

Here's the bobble head:

https://www.intergalactictoys.com/servlet/the-4455/Clockwork-Orange-Alex-Bobble/Detail

I'm new to rainman, his prowess etc., can anyone point me to some links w/ immediate pics of his work? Also, does he tailor, or is he usually in collaboration with others? As I said earlier in the thread; Alex is my holy grail of 1/6 scale figures. Been holding out to commission one, or bite on mediocre ones I've seen. How is the ordering process with rainman, because I really want one if this is going to be as epic as it sounds. Seems like everyone is high on rainman's abilities.

His latest piece is the Dude from Big Lebowski

The_Dude.jpg

You will need to register at Rainmans site, click the link below my sig, allow for 24hrs for registration to take place

I'm new to rainman, his prowess etc., can anyone point me to some links w/ immediate pics of his work? Also, does he tailor, or is he usually in collaboration with others? As I said earlier in the thread; Alex is my holy grail of 1/6 scale figures. Been holding out to commission one, or bite on mediocre ones I've seen. How is the ordering process with rainman, because I really want one if this is going to be as epic as it sounds. Seems like everyone is high on rainman's abilities.

Register on his site and be prepared to spend $750 for the full figure. All preorders go up at the same time so you will have to compete to get it. Good Luck! :duff

Register on his site and be prepared to spend $750 for the full figure. All preorders go up at the same time so you will have to compete to get it. Good Luck! :duff

You make it sound so daunting Mike :lol

Delarge for Rainman's next project? Nice!

Anyone remember what other choices were popular in that poll rainman held a long while back?

The Dude was on that list, and so was Delarge. Wonder what's next, and how much an influence this board has on such a decision.

It is pretty tense watching that countdown clock. I can honestly say that was right up there with flying by myself for the first time and losing my virginity. :lol

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

The Dude was on that list, and so was Delarge. Wonder what's next, and how much an influence this board has on such a decision.

The board has a pretty significant impact I think. If I understand correctly it was the persuasion of a board member or two that motivated Rainman to make Lebowski.

The board has a pretty significant impact I think. If I understand correctly it was the persuasion of a board member or two that motivated Rainman to make Lebowski.

If that's the case you boys better fall in line or else...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HasEPeeiX4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If that's the case you boys better fall in line or else...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HasEPeeiX4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lol:lol:lol how did I know that was coming :rotfl

So his figures are in the $700 range?

Sean

The fullset will be yes

But you can buy a head and clothing set for around the $400 marker you just get a few special features with the fullset of course with it being more expensive

I am so unbelievably overjoyed at this.

Been my most wanted from Rainman since I knew of his figures. Will sell almost any collectible I have to fund this.

(changed my sig/avvy back in honour!) :lol

I am so unbelievably overjoyed at this.

Been my most wanted from Rainman since I knew of his figures. Will sell almost any collectible I have to fund this.

(changed my sig/avvy back in honour!) :lol

Pretty much feeling the same bud

I am so overjoyed right now, I was chatting with Rainman and he said I want to make ''Orange Clock'' my heart skipped a beat :)

I can only imagine how immense it will look when we get that first reveal :panic:

Dayumn, $700+? BTW -- that last figure of his is dead-on. Let me start saving my pennies...

Oh, and to that dude with the link about the Alex bobble head...lets hope HT somehow acquires and finds it in their hearts to offer us such a great movie character.

I'll start saving my money for a clothing set now then , if this looks as good as I can imagine it looking I'm sure I could want one. :)
I need to watch the film again first though.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5mPMsmtDvSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yikes... if I had not already invested in a custom Alex (that I only received a few months ago) I would be very tempted by this.

But, an additional $700 added to the $260 I already paid just doesn't make good business sense :lol

I may be in for a head sculpt, as I think that could definitely be improved upon. I hope he is able to get the classic smirk for Alex.

Interestingly, Clockwork Orange collectibles have recently been licensed (bobble heads and plushies, at least). I thought that Kubrick licenses of this sort would not be licensed as collectibles/toys, and yet. . .if that is the case, a licensed 1/6 version from an actual toy company isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

Here's the bobble head:

https://www.intergalactictoys.com/servlet/the-4455/Clockwork-Orange-Alex-Bobble/Detail

Yikes... if I had not already invested in a custom Alex (that I only received a few months ago) I would be very tempted by this.

But, an additional $700 added to the $260 I already paid just doesn't make good business sense :lol

I may be in for a head sculpt, as I think that could definitely be improved upon. I hope he is able to get the classic smirk for Alex.

Could I see the Alex you already have?

Back