Gaming Heads Gordon Freeman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if hot toys got this licence they would knock it out of the ballpark and put this one to shame.

if hot toys got this licence they would knock it out of the ballpark and put this one to shame.

really? in 1/4? with exposed ball joints? and ugly handicap cup to hold it so it doesnt fall down? Please dont compare plastic toys to statues..

as i said earlier this statue over all is excellent with great sculpt, pose and paint (on the ap at least), i dont see the bulkiness issue. Only problem with this statue is the face sculpt, but with his beard and glasses it looks fine.

With a 500 es and one of the most iconic characters in video game, mandatory buy. I just hope the final product has the same paint quality as the ones shown in the photos.

Ball joints would be hidden under the suit like the Dark Knight suit. and head sculpt would be spot on. ps I ordered the exclusive. I'm not completely satisfied but it's still a good sculpt.

really? in 1/4? with exposed ball joints? and ugly handicap cup to hold it so it doesnt fall down? Please dont compare plastic toys to statues..

as i said earlier this statue over all is excellent with great sculpt, pose and paint (on the ap at least), i dont see the bulkiness issue. Only problem with this statue is the face sculpt, but with his beard and glasses it looks fine.

With a 500 es and one of the most iconic characters in video game, mandatory buy. I just hope the final product has the same paint quality as the ones shown in the photos.

You definitely would not need a stand for the pose Gaming Heads chose. In fact, I don't need stands with any of my Hot Toys figures since I don't use any crazy poses, but then again my range is limited mainly to Batman since no company has produced a statue version from the films that look halfway decent.

Anyway, I am going to pass on this. The headsculpt is pretty bad, and the suit has some inaccuracies that bother me. I'll get the eventual Half-Life 3 version when (if?!) that game is ever released :rotfl

Maybe I'll pick it up if it goes on clearance like all the rest of Gaming Heads statues

does anyone think the exclusive portal turret will be cheap to find later if I cancel my pre-order? money is kinda tight right now.

does anyone think the exclusive portal turret will be cheap to find later if I cancel my pre-order? money is kinda tight right now.

no way, if you have to pick between the gordon ex statue vs portal turret ex, i would keep the turret and get the gordon later. The ex turret is already soldout, and it was soldout wthin a week or so, and it looks to be the definitive piece without any issues. In addition the chance of another turret of this quality/scale being made is slim to none, unless you break into valve's hq and steal their 1:1 replica.

The statue is very nice but as we all mentioned the face isnt 100% perfect, also there exist at least a probability sideshow will make one down the road. Lastly it's still in stock.

Both are very nice pieces, but i would definitely keep the turret ex if forced to pick 1. That been said if you feel strongly about the source material of one vs the other, then obviously keep what you like.

We get it you like the statue and need to justify impulse buying it :lol

i hate those hot toys doll's
The only thing good about them is the heads as the rest are plastic ****.
They don't stand on there own and they are out of proportion.
Look at T-1000 thin arms and giant hands.
Silly looking ball joints and all you can do with them is stand them straight up.
They don't compare to a statue in any way shape or form and are just glorified Ken and Barbie doll's:rotfl

i hate those hot toys doll's
The only thing good about them is the heads as the rest are plastic ****.
They don't stand on there own and they are out of proportion.
Look at T-1000 thin arms and giant hands.
Silly looking ball joints and all you can do with them is stand them straight up.
They don't compare to a statue in any way shape or form and are just glorified Ken and Barbie doll's:rotfl

I musn't fall for the bait :lol

So, I guess that the participants in this thread belong to the Statue Collector master race :lol. Yeah... who cares about those Hot Toys collecting peasants and their dollies? They'll never be as awesome as you guys. I bet those statues are amazing chick magnets, too.

Last edited:
great, another thread evolved into a stupid fight figures vs statues... can we not agree that everyone has his/her own taste in stuff and stop putting others down based on their preference?

I like this statue but we cancelled the exclusive. In-hand pictures might convince us to order it again or not.

great, another thread evolved into a stupid fight figures vs statues... can we not agree that everyone has his/her own taste in stuff and stop putting others down based on their preference?

I like this statue but we cancelled the exclusive. In-hand pictures might convince us to order it again or not.

Why are you referring to yourself in plural form?

Back