Galacticustoms- Star Wars!!! Kenobi Turn-Around

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! ANH Luke!!!

Thanks guys :duff

And SWSqueakquels, I think there is also a touch more of the reddish color that didn't get blended in below the eye on the right side compared to the left. Like they say a custom is never truly done :lol

Looks really great, GB! I was recently considering doing the same--cutting the neck off both Han and Luke and put them on better bodies. Nice to see it's not only possible, but turns out great!

It really goes a long way to sprucing up these figures. Sideshow is pretty consistent in giving us great parts, but usually they need a new body and some paint to make them shine.

Here's a few more shot of Luke on display, I think these capture his paintwork a bit better:

lukeo.jpg

lukel.jpg

WOW! NICE MAN! LOVE it! :hi5:

Thanks Brinn... and I have you to thank for the inspiration on Chewie. I really tried to follow your example and I'm quite happy to finally have the big guy in 1/6 :rock

Thanks Brinn... and I have you to thank for the inspiration on Chewie. I really tried to follow your example and I'm quite happy to finally have the big guy in 1/6 :rock

Aw... THANKS man! You did good! :hi5:

Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! OG Anakin WIP!!!

Started working on a Shaw Anakin Skywalker figure tonight... had the parts for a bit, but just stated painting. I may touch up the paint a bit, but I'm happy with him so far:

anakinaps.jpg

Thanks guys, it's always surprising how good Hasbro sculpts can look with a little TLC. I'm kind of annoyed I forgot to take a before picture, as the stock Anakin was the definition of poor paint apps :lol

But I did find this one online; essentially no paint on the face which was cast in an incredibly pale color. Masterpiece indeed :lol

anakin+old1.jpg
anakinaps.jpg

Wow that came out fantastic, GB! I'm actually tempted to grab one now. The vintage one is one of my favorites. I agree that there are some real gems in the Hasbro 12" lineup that just need to be unearthed. Prime example right here.

I always really loved the Kenner Shaw ghost. I still have mine MIP for some reason. :lol

:rock Not only does that look great, J, but it is a classic ode to the Pre-SE/DVD enhanced OT. :clap Very nice!

i was thinking the same thing when i saw this.......:lol

great work j.........:clap

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it :duff I've wanted to do this for awhile in order to pay homage to the original film and add one more Kenner release to my collection :rock

:rock Not only does that look great, J, but it is a classic ode to the Pre-SE/DVD enhanced OT. :clap Very nice!

Totally agree... Shaw or GTFO :lecture

original%20spirits%20of%20the%20Force.jpg

Wow that came out fantastic, GB! I'm actually tempted to grab one now. The vintage one is one of my favorites. I agree that there are some real gems in the Hasbro 12" lineup that just need to be unearthed. Prime example right here.

It still impresses me how good some of the work Hasbro did... yet astounding they just didn't go a bit further and develop a better base body. The bodies have such odd proportions that the cut of most of the clothing is short which leads to much of the soft goods being unusable :huh

One note on Anakin is the head is on the large side, but I think once he's on a body and in full robes it will look fine.

Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! OG Anakin Complete!!!

And here's Old-Manakin:

anakinb.jpg

anakinc.jpg

anakind.jpg

anakine.jpg

anakinf.jpg

anaking.jpg

Hasbro head (repainted), pants, tunic and undershirt.
Belt made from a leather scrap and the buckle from the Hasbro figure.
Body Pro 1.1
Boots and Robe- Sideshow Qui Gon

Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! OG Anakin Complete!!!

That's awesome gb! Got the figs to do a group shot of the 3?

Back