Galacticustoms- Star Wars!!! Kenobi Turn-Around

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! ANH Luke!!!

That chewbacka is outstanding that whole shelf looks great!

That chewbacka is outstanding that whole shelf looks great!

Thanks, I'm pretty pleased with Chewie. I may go back and revise his head a bit as I think I made the muzzle too big. But at the very least having a 1/6 Chewie makes me a happy camper :rock :rock

I like that Luke gb.

Thanks man, glad to see you hanging around the SW customs... lot of cool stuff in this section :rock

luke is looking good GB. what did you do for the skin texture?

luke is looking good GB. what did you do for the skin texture?

Natural talent :lol TBH honest, I think my paints were a bit thicker than usual which caused sort of an unintentional texture.

So in the words of Bob Ross:
25791766.jpg

LOL on Bob Ross, nice display & luke.

Thanks man, glad to see you hanging around the SW customs... lot of cool stuff in this section :rock

No problem. Yeah, I peek in once one a whole. Lots of great stuff that I enjoy checking out those willing to give things a shot.

Wow - great job with the Luke mate! :clap

That is actually a really good Mark Hamill sculpt - & you've brought him to life!

SSC & those wonky factory paint apps.. :slap :lol

Natural talent :lol TBH honest, I think my paints were a bit thicker than usual which caused sort of an unintentional texture.

So in the words of Bob Ross:
25791766.jpg

I used to love vegging out watching Bob Ross paint. He was like human valium.

Whatever happened with your paints, it worked. The texture adds some realism to that smooth sculpt. Those old SSC sculpts can look like department store mannequins, even with the best paintjobs.

Is that the 12" Sideshow Luke figure and headsculpt? Because it looks a lot more accurate than what I've seen. What about the Han and Leia? I'm wondering if these just need repaints and some bashing. I like how the tunic looks.

Last edited:

Wow - great job with the Luke mate! :clap

That is actually a really good Mark Hamill sculpt - & you've brought him to life!

SSC & those wonky factory paint apps.. :slap :lol

I know right... Trevor Grove did the sculpt so you know it's going to be good. But the strange coloring and intensity Sideshow added to this sculpt with their paint really distorted it.

I used to love vegging out watching Bob Ross paint. He was like human valium.

Whatever happened with your paints, it worked. The texture adds some realism to that smooth sculpt. Those old SSC sculpts can look like department store mannequins, even with the best paintjobs.

Yeah, likely I'll never be able to repeat it... but at least it worked this time around :lol

Is that the 12" Sideshow Luke figure and headsculpt? Because it looks a lot more accurate than what I've seen. What about the Han and Leia? I'm wondering if these just need repaints and some bashing. I like how the tunic looks.

Yep, that is the ANH head sculpt... the only major alteration was to remove the neck which was due to the body choice I made. But the sculpt is all Sideshow.

Generally their sculpts are solid, but the paint work can really through them off. Leia might be tricky to be really happy with since she has a really oversized head, but I think the actual sculpt is good. As for Han this was a custom I did using the head (again w/o a neck) on a new body and again I think it looks a lot better once repainted:

hanb.jpg

These do look a lot better. I'll have to go and start trying to find these and then get them repainted. What bodies did you swap these to Sideshow, Hot Toys or other?

Luke is on a Sideshow Prometheus 1.0 (the first shorter one) body and Han is on a Soldier Story. Both can be had easily for under $20.

Looks really great, GB! I was recently considering doing the same--cutting the neck off both Han and Luke and put them on better bodies. Nice to see it's not only possible, but turns out great!

Love the Luke repaint!

Just tone down the red/dark pink a bit on the lower lids and it will be awesome. He looks a bit stoned (or maybe he's been bawling after Obi Wan's death?) with the reddish tone.

I agree, Luke looks really good. Great custom.

Back