Galacticustoms- Star Wars!!! Kenobi Turn-Around

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! OG Anakin Complete!!!

It still impresses me how good some of the work Hasbro did... yet astounding they just didn't go a bit further and develop a better base body. The bodies have such odd proportions that the cut of most of the clothing is short which leads to much of the soft goods being unusable :huh

One note on Anakin is the head is on the large side, but I think once he's on a body and in full robes it will look fine.

I have to agree on the body. Had they had one a bit less muscular and better proportioned their overall product would've looked so much nicer for no other reason than the tailoring would've hung better instead of appearing so bulky. The sleeves being so short usually kills a lot of what they did as far as reusing it for customs (the various Imperial types come to mind).

And here's Old-Manakin:

anakinb.jpg

That realy did come out tops! :clap Pro 1.1 you say? The robe hangs perfectly!

Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! OG Anakin & Trio Ghost Shot!!!

Thanks man :duff

Yep, 1.1 was a great fit for him. His head is a bit large, but once all the robes are in place he looks great. And I did use a standard long neck piece... The kind on most Prometheus bodies so nothing fancy was needed to make the head work.

In total I think this cost less than $50 in parts :rock

Oh! It's so good to see the Anakin Skywalker I knew when I was a child! This looks amazing Galactiboy! SS should take a cue from you.

Awesome work, love it! I always liked that sculpt and it's great to see the fig get its due. But yeah, out of the box it was anything but a masterpiece!

It is always amazing to see what can be done with the old Hasbro figs. It's becoming more and more pertinent with the escalating costs of SSC. When you can buy a fig for $10-20 and customize it well (and cheaply,) you've saved yourself over $100-120 whereas five years ago it was more like saving $30-40 and not as worth it from that perspective.

I also love your ghost shot, though in that lighting SSC Yoda is looking a little like a Hasbro 3 3/4" Mace Windu for some reason...weird :lol

Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! Stormtrooper Luke WIP!!!

Thanks guys!

And I know about Yoda looking odd... but since you can only adjust all the colors or none at the same time weird stuff happens if you mix green and purple :lol

Here's a paint up of the Stormtrooper Luke head... this was a cast so there are a few imperfections, but still I think it looks pretty good overall. And for fun I threw in some side-by-sides with the stock head.

lukep.jpg

lukeq.jpg

luker.jpg

lukes.jpg

luket.jpg

lukeu.jpg

lukev.jpg

lukew.jpg

Last edited:

Wow... luke looks a 110% better with that paint app! :rock

Thanks man... It really is kind of surprising how weak even some of the newer paint work from Sideshow can be. I think the only reason any likeness comes through from the factory is based on the incredible strength of Trevor's sculpting. If the underlying sculpt were just a touch lesser in quality I think they would have been a total train wreck :lol

The repaint on that Luke head looks fantastic! :clap I love the expression on his face w/ that one.

Never ceases to amaze how a good paint app can change a sculpt.

Well done J :)

Your paint apps are really starting to improve. You're going to start making meatie nervous. :lol

Galactiboy's Anakin has inspired me to push my custom into high gear.

Re: Galactiboy's Galaxy of Star Wars Customs! Old Ben and Stormie Luke WIP!!!

Thanks everyone :duff

Your paint apps are really starting to improve. You're going to start making meatie nervous. :lol

Don't think that will ever be an issue :lol

Galactiboy's Anakin has inspired me to push my custom into high gear.

Awesome, can't wait to see how your figure turns out :rock

Gave my Ben Kenobi a repaint tonight... it was funny I first gave him a bath in rubbing alcohol which knocked down the shine quite a bit. That alone went a long way to making him look better. But anyway, here's my shot at repainting one of Sideshow's best sculpts:

bena.jpg

benb.jpg

benc.jpg

nice work on ben GB...........:clap

Thanks Barryo :duff

I'll pop him on a body later today and see how he looks assembled.

Nice job on Obi-Wan. Man, you are on a roll this week!! :)

Where are you getting all this spare time, J? :lol Ol Ben looks killer! :rock Can't wait to see him finished.

Where are you getting all this spare time, J? :lol Ol Ben looks killer! :rock Can't wait to see him finished.

yea............where's DD........:impatient:

Nice job on Obi-Wan. Man, you are on a roll this week!! :)

Thanks... trying to work through a few things and keeping some level of momentum. Sadly I haven't even touched the great sculpts I got from Duane a month or so back :lol

Cancelled cable... more time to paint; everybodies happy :1-1: I'll get to finishing him tonight hopefully; did you do a body swap on yours? I can tell the hand are at least different.

yea............where's DD........:impatient:

:monkey3 He's in-progress... I don't have much left to do, but it's kind of boring work so I haven't committed the time to getting it done yet :Lol

Back