Galactiboy's Office of Terror!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your collection is definetely rockin! Anything with Jay and Silent Bob already is good in my book. Did you ever purchase the Jay and Silent Bob bookends?

Funny, but I am waiting to purchase a set of Detolfs as well as soon as I get paid. I have Kit, Qui-Gon, and Mace coming to me, so I need to make a home for them.

Thanks Weapon X, Chase and Boba!

I don't have the bookends, but I love the figures. I actually pressed the button on Bob a bunch hoping that he would say something profound... but alas he is truly silent :monkey2

I actually just got my detolfs put together last night, so now I'm in the process of filling them. They are really huge, kinda like giant fishtanks!

I'm getting mine at the end of the month when I get paid. I need to do some serious furniture moving before I do it, though.

Yeah, be sure to give yourself a lot of room to assemble them... you have to flip them over a couple of times during the process and be sure to have a friend with you, this is not a one-person job.

Anyway, here are some preliminary shots of the detolfs... I haven't filled them yet, but I thought I'd show the work in progress.

detolfa.jpg

and here's a shot with just the detolf lights and lightsabers :D
detolfb.jpg

I long for the day when they build an Ikea anywhere even remotely near me.

Setup looks great. Love the Tap display. :rock2

Lookin good Joseph!!! I wish I had an Ikea around these parts. Nearest on is about 6 hours from here:monkey4....Oh and I'm lovin the Spinal Tap setup!

The Tap doth truly rock! :rock :rock Still some of my favorite Sideshow figures!

We actually went to Dallas (about 4hrs drive) for the weekend w/some friends. They were able to secure a Minivan, but unfortunately with our IKEA stuff and theirs we ended-up making the trip back with a bigass cardboard box digging into our shoulders... not pleasant, but nice to have the cabinets!

I got two new members of my family today... thanks to the illustrious Bonehead15!!!

I give you Leatherface and Mr Torrance!!!

newaddition.jpg

congrats Joseph...I think the Torrance figure is awesome!!! I would have picked him up myself but didn't have the funds...Glad he went to a fellow Krusader!!! And Leatherface is still one of my favs, even with the exposed arms.

galactiboy said:
The Tap doth truly rock! :rock :rock Still some of my favorite Sideshow figures!

We actually went to Dallas (about 4hrs drive) for the weekend w/some friends. They were able to secure a Minivan, but unfortunately with our IKEA stuff and theirs we ended-up making the trip back with a bigass cardboard box digging into our shoulders... not pleasant, but nice to have the cabinets!

Awesome set up Joseph! An IKEA is near finished in RoundRock Texas (realm of Kurgan lcummins) which is only 40 minutes away. :D I can't wait to hit them up this fall and buy 2-3 Detolf shelfs!

Thanks Carbo, I appreciate it... now I'm in the process of trying to figure out (again) where everthing will fit in :lol

Awesome display! It gives me a good idea on how to set up my own Detolfs when I buy them this weekend.

Just curious on the Detolf lights: are they easy to install? Do you need to drill holes to mount the lights? Does it generate a lot of heat?

Would like to know as they look really nice in your setup.

I used the Non lights (about $10 for 2) which fit nicely in the units. The Detolfs already have a pre-drilled hole in the top so the wires and such fit right in. Although some have suggested against the Non lights since they give off a bit of heat... but to me it seemed like a pretty minimal amount and I don't use the lights all the time.

So I've finally got my Legends shelf worked out... mostly. I've got a few more figures to hang... and I still need a Hobgoblin to round out my US Secret Wars set. But here they are for now...

legenda.jpg

legendb.jpg

legendc.jpg

legendd.jpg

Its really hard to find them w/o that wear to his stipes. Whatever process they used to do apply the stripes on him (lines on spiderman and other characters) rub-off very easily. And even worse the red of Daredevil's plastic actually bleeds through the paint apps. You can wash it off, but 2 weeks later its the same... 80's quality :D

Thanks Carbo! Sad thing is I have more of the Legends figures... but I can't justify more shelf space for them. Also I have a habit of periodically thinning the herd... especially since they started releasing these BAFs! But I tried to focus on displaying the ones I really liked, and this is actually the first time I've had out the Secret Wars figures!

Back