Full Size Iron Man bust from Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after reading like 20+ pages this thing is hollow (light in weight I pressume?), not an exact 1:1 scale and the paint sucks? The reason I ask is because i'm currently interested in getting the BD version. Any feedback would be appreciated. Normally i'd never ask for feedback but $700 is alot of coin.

I'll be doing the same shortly. I like the BD version, and any paint flaws I see, I can accredit to the "battle damage." :lol

Anybody think Sideshow will release IM Mark VI bust with arc reactor to go with War Machine Bust? I also want to buy Mark III bust but if Sideshow will release Mark VI bust I rather wait for that and get it at a retail price.

I missed out on the Mark III bust. I found out about it too late and now I can't find it anywhere for less than $1500. I joined the wait list but I doubt anything will come from that. I would get the battle damaged version but (in my opinion) it doesn't even come close to the clean version.

I really hope they release a Mark IV/VI bust.

I missed out on the Mark III bust. I found out about it too late and now I can't find it anywhere for less than $1500. I joined the wait list but I doubt anything will come from that. I would get the battle damaged version but (in my opinion) it doesn't even come close to the clean version.

I really hope they release a Mark IV/VI bust.

That one on EBay is ridiculously priced, IMO. They're going for around $750 - $800 on average for a mint one. That's only a $100 over retail. So definitely keep an eye out. I'll snag one soon, but if I keep buying all of these other 1:1s first, I'll never get one. :lol I'm looking for a 1:1 Carnage at a good price, but no such luck.

I'll be doing the same shortly. I like the BD version, and any paint flaws I see, I can accredit to the "battle damage." :lol

Were there any noted paint issues with the BD version? I know there had been issues with the clean version but i've yet to find any feedback on the BD version.

Also, why do most of you prefer the clean version? Was it made better or is it just a matter of personal taste?

Thanks guys.

Were there any noted paint issues with the BD version? I know there had been issues with the clean version but i've yet to find any feedback on the BD version.

Also, why do most of you prefer the clean version? Was it made better or is it just a matter of personal taste?

Thanks guys.

No, haven't heard any issues, but I just meant if there was a scratch or something, the "battle damaged" aspect of it would help me "look the other way." (I'm just really picky.)

As for the clean vs. BD, I like them both a lot. I do get paranoid about the clean eventually peeling/flaking. (Not saying it would, but with it's history, you know what I mean.) I think SS had that issue worked out with the BD, but then again, some think those busts were returned cleaned versions. I don't know. If I could find a mint, clean one, I would get it, but then again, if I buy the BD though SS, I have "buyers protection" plus I get SS points. I could go either way. Plus, the BD is $100 cheaper according to current market value.

What's your thoughts?

No, haven't heard any issues, but I just meant if there was a scratch or something, the "battle damaged" aspect of it would help me "look the other way." (I'm just really picky.)

As for the clean vs. BD, I like them both a lot. I do get paranoid about the clean eventually peeling/flaking. (Not saying it would, but with it's history, you know what I mean.) I think SS had that issue worked out with the BD, but then again, some think those busts were returned cleaned versions. I don't know. If I could find a mint, clean one, I would get it, but then again, if I buy the BD though SS, I have "buyers protection" plus I get SS points. I could go either way. Plus, the BD is $100 cheaper according to current market value.

What's your thoughts?

I'd definitely go BD. I'm a big fan of anything battle damaged, plus it'd display nicely next to my T2 1:1 BD Arnie. Thats what my plan is anyway. I'd LOVE to get the Mark II as well but its DAMN limited so that won't be happening.

Either way its a no brainer, some HT's pieces are currently selling for the same price so i'd have nothing to lose imo. If I could sell a couple "not so important" figures to gain a nice 1:1 piece it makes more sense to me.

I would wait for a new one. SS has hinted a number of times that War Machine won't be the only bust from IM2. New one will most likely have an arc as well.

I would wait for a new one. SS has hinted a number of times that War Machine won't be the only bust from IM2. New one will most likely have an arc as well.

That's a good point too. My only concern is if this new IM bust is $1K+ like WM, it will be a while for me until I get one. I can't afford that kind of money on a new piece like that. If it was sold out and and hard to find, I could understand, but knowing what the price could be scares me. I didn't think WM would be that much. It's definitely massive, but I don't care how big it is. That's a lot of cash. Plus, I'm inpatient, so that plays a role in me getting the BD version. I do see your point though.

I've been offered SIDESHOW IRON MAN 1:1 Life size but no edition number on the bottom, he said some people get that kind of problem from sideshow, is that true???? Can someone help or confirm this?
Thank u

I've been offered SIDESHOW IRON MAN 1:1 Life size but no edition number on the bottom, he said some people get that kind of problem from sideshow, is that true???? Can someone help or confirm this?
Thank u

This bust had no edition numbers listed on the bottom (any of them) which was a complaint by many people as SS didn't reveal how many were actually made, although i suspect there weren't too many as most people were unhappy with the final product due to problems with paint and they were destroyed. I was lucky and mine is fine. If you have seen the bust or photos of it and the paint is good then this is a great buy if you're into iron man - So you can be safe in thinking it is genuine. Hope this helps.

@daliman11
Thank u for answering, this bust as per claim has no defect nor what I saw in pics
So I hope I made thr right choice, as I really want this statue
Thank u

@daliman11
Thank u for answering, this bust as per claim has no defect nor what I saw in pics
So I hope I made thr right choice, as I really want this statue
Thank u

Glad you could find one ! One question I've been wondering about this bust for anyone who can answer....if you wanted the paint to be shinier, is there a product you could use on it, like a wax or something ?

Oh hi gates
Yes I've been offered by woo
He's in calgary
So I guess it still be a good deal as I dont hv to pay duties or tax again

And I'm listening about making it shinier too
What worries me is the painting tho, if we make it shinier will it peel? It'll be the darndest thing if it peel

Back