Full Size Iron Man bust from Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found when I used the Ikea Dioders to display it, some of the color combinations made the eyes stand out a lot more....

Thanks broman. I actually have Dioders like everywhere on my display. 16x white pucks, 4 white strips and 4 multi strips. The busts are on top with a multi right under it. I still want brighter eyes tho.

I've got a chance to buy one of these that's Mint in the box and has been inspected with no paint flaws for $775 shipped. Is that a good deal? I know there were loads of problems with this bust, but if I can actually get one of the rare good ones should I go for it at that price?

I've got a chance to buy one of these that's Mint in the box and has been inspected with no paint flaws for $775 shipped. Is that a good deal? I know there were loads of problems with this bust, but if I can actually get one of the rare good ones should I go for it at that price?

I'd jump on it if I were you.

That sounds like a fairly good deal to me. However....

I'd jump on it if I were you.

I HIGHLY DISAGREE.... I do not thinking JUMPING on a statue is a GOOD idea:horror:horror

That's why I'm close to pulling the trigger on it because I know Mint ones are so hard to find. If everything checks out I'll probably make the deal. Just waiting on some pics I requested to confirm that everything is as described.

That's why I'm close to pulling the trigger on it because I know Mint ones are so hard to find. If everything checks out I'll probably make the deal. Just waiting on some pics I requested to confirm that everything is as described.
DO IT!! It's a great piece!

Well, thankfully I had the seller inspect the bust closely and take detailed pictures for me. His photos confirmed what pretty much seems to be the norm which is that this bust had all kinds of paint flaws on it. There was a large area of black streaking on the right side of the helmet, discolored yellowish spots on the chest armor and overspray in a couple of different areas in the back. Honestly, did Sideshow give all the Mark III busts to a 2nd grade class in China and let them do the paintwork? Fortunately the seller was honest and realized upon further inspection after taking the photos I requested that this bust was far from Mint. Maybe I will just hold out and see how the Mark VII bust turns out....if it ever gets released that is. :(

Well, thankfully I had the seller inspect the bust closely and take detailed pictures for me. His photos confirmed what pretty much seems to be the norm which is that this bust had all kinds of paint flaws on it. There was a large area of black streaking on the right side of the helmet, discolored yellowish spots on the chest armor and overspray in a couple of different areas in the back. Honestly, did Sideshow give all the Mark III busts to a 2nd grade class in China and let them do the paintwork? Fortunately the seller was honest and realized upon further inspection after taking the photos I requested that this bust was far from Mint. Maybe I will just hold out and see how the Mark VII bust turns out....if it ever gets released that is. :(

Glad you found out now rather than after Brent. Yea, it does seem as though the decent ones are few and fat between. I was lucky enough to pick up my MKIII 1:1 bust in January this year, completely brand new and sealed...looking forward to adding the MKVII to display along side it :)

View attachment 66229

View attachment 66230

Glad you found out now rather than after Brent. Yea, it does seem as though the decent ones are few and fat between. I was lucky enough to pick up my MKIII 1:1 bust in January this year, completely brand new and sealed...looking forward to adding the MKVII to display along side it :)

View attachment 66229

View attachment 66230

hey can you or someone post a pic or info on the transformer for this , i have several that i got mixed up, some from halloween and others. i dont want to plug in the wrong one

Sorry to hear about that. Yeah, there have been many problems with this piece. You could go for the battle-damaged version. I have that one, and I don't think it has all the problems of the original one.

Back