Full Size Iron Man bust from Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually most iron man pieces that sideshow makes are atleast tempting..... this not so much.

The design they went with looks awful, whoever ok'ed this piece to go into production needs to be fired.

The Classic version would have been a bigger seller and would also go well with the Thor and Cap busts.

pizapcom13107201399681.jpg

Hell of a lot better than Iron Monkey Man

:goodpost: This can't be saved by a variant paint app, it will need a variant head b/c the Iron Chimp looks terrible, unless you're a Planet of the Apes collector or something.

The design they went with looks awful, whoever ok'ed this piece to go into production needs to be fired.

The Classic version would have been a bigger seller and would also go well with the Thor and Cap busts.

that was the real offering, I would've bought in

Sup Guys:wave

i really want the Iron Bust (Clean Version) but i'm too late like always....

Think i should get the battle damage one?...i want Iron to display with my up coming Cap and Thor...

Personally i would either spend the extra on a good clean one.. or wait for another iron man bust since it will probably happen... but if you personally are a fan of the battle damage one go for it!

I pre ordered the BD one, as i also missed on the other's, i think it looks great. Take a look on you tube etc.

I'm really hoping for another original to be released. I had the first 1 and sold it because it was terrible in my opinion. Bad paint job and way to small the actual head part

make the eyes a little bigger, it could be ultraman

i would like to buy one of these, or trade towards it. looking for a cheap one, that means defective paint or scratches is fine, i want it for a custom. please PM me if you have one you want to sell.

I got this badboy today from someone here on the forums. And this bust is absolutely stunning!

Here are some pics I took this afternoon:

ss_ironman_lb_07.jpg

ss_ironman_lb_02.jpg

ss_ironman_lb_01.jpg

ss_ironman_lb_04.jpg

ss_ironman_lb_08.jpg

The paintjob on this one is great. Only some small thingies in the neck area, but you have to really look for it to see it.

More pics here:
https://www.tokus.net/2012/09/iron-man-mark-iii/

That's amazing man! I also got one from a member of the forums and I will have it in hands next tuesday! Your pictures got me all excited for it! Will post pictures when it arrives!

Still ticked off that I had to give up on that IM bust due to Sideshow's paint issues and them refusing to send me a second replacement after telling me to send it back for one.

nice paint on that one

Yeah, a good example of what could have been!

Still ticked off that I had to give up on that IM bust due to Sideshow's paint issues and them refusing to send me a second replacement after telling me to send it back for one.

That's mega lame of them! You should get the battle damaged one!

That's amazing man! I also got one from a member of the forums and I will have it in hands next tuesday! Your pictures got me all excited for it! Will post pictures when it arrives!

great :)
yeah, its an amazing bust and i'm sure you'll love it.

Congrats on everyone who has this badass 1:1 bust! Just started my new project yesterday which is the customising of my new Iron Man Mark III 1:1 bust. Now the story behind this Mark III bust is that its been one of my favourites for a long time but due to coming on the Sideshow scene as late as i did, i managed to miss out on it and so went on the rampage to find me one. Well, the prices for this bust on the secondary market is rediculous with the prices going as high as $1400. Therefore my best bet was finding a recast from Asia. I managed to get a great price from a guy in China. He was selling a recast of the Mark III clean version on eBay. The bust came already painted (very poor application) and more importantly, it came with the light up eyes feature which was very important to me as i wanted it as close to the original as possible. Now incredibly, i won the bust for $200 which absolutely shocked me...just goes to show that you really can pick up a bargain on eBay. Better news was to follow as the seller refunded me $50 off the $144 shipping cost due to the delay during the chinese new year. I started to think it was too good to be true. Anyhow, i now have the bust in my pocession and although the paint application looked as though it was done by my 2 year old daughter i was exstatic at how close it looked to the original 1:1 bust from Sideshow and the light up feature worked brilliantly! Cant believe i got this at a steal price
So it was inevitable that i was going to give it a coat of new paint to freshen it up...Status so far....I have managed to complete the red sections of the head and now to find a matching gold colour which wont be easy. Here is an early pic of the red paint completed...

View attachment 53805

I'll add some more pics as i go on, however you can find a more indepth look in my Show your Shelves Thread. Thanks for looking

Back