Full Size Iron Man bust from Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
If you wish to discuss the SSC Iron Man bust, you can do it in this thread. The kind of childish behaviour displayed in the previous thread will not be tolerated. Banning of members displaying such behaviour is likely.

Thank you for creating this thread and making your presence known, Dave. :rock

Now, I don't have to sift through anymore nonsense like I did in the old one.

What happened?
Curious-George.gif

Banning of members displaying such behaviour is likely.

Kudos Dave for the ye ol' English spelling of behavior.

The last 100 + irrelevant posts is what happened.

No, people started getting butthurt and using profane language...

like poo.

That being said, it's a nice piece if you can manage to land one of the 50 that weren't painted by 3rd graders. I'm still looking forward to the Mark2 1:1, but I have a feeling that it'll have similar issues.

What happened?
Curious-George.gif

Kudos Dave for the ye ol' English spelling of behavior.

olde english...and Canadian.

Umm...how about on topic...
Can anybody tell me what kind of turn-around time they've experienced in getting their replacement bust from Sideshow? My LCS said about 6-8 weeks for mine.

olde english...and Canadian.

Umm...how about on topic...
Can anybody tell me what kind of turn-around time they've experienced in getting their replacement bust from Sideshow? My LCS said about 6-8 weeks for mine.

Mine has taken 2 weeks just to ship... then I get to be disappointed and return it again.

No, people started getting butthurt and using profane language...

like poo.

Like I said, irrelevant posts. :lol

That being said, it's a nice piece if you can manage to land one of the 50 that weren't painted by 3rd graders. I'm still looking forward to the Mark2 1:1, but I have a feeling that it'll have similar issues.

Before I start contributing to more madness and getting back on topic, I would love a 1:1 Mark 2. ES of 100. :rock :rock :rock

As for QC on those, as long as they weren't too bad, it wouldn't bother me as the low ES would ease the pain.

The Mark 02 1:1 I guarantee you is coming. Its too easy of a mod not to and the full brushed metal look would be easier to control in QC that the differing red and gold. I don't think the ES would be 100 but it'll be low....its also long overdue but they probably won't put it out there until the Mark 03 has had a chance to really sell as many as its going to.

The Mark 02 1:1 I guarantee you is coming. Its too easy of a mod not to and the full brushed metal look would be easier to control in QC that the differing red and gold. I don't think the ES would be 100 but it'll be low....its also long overdue but they probably won't put it out there until the Mark 03 has had a chance to really sell as many as its going to.

I hope you're right.

I bet they use some of the unsold flawed I:M they are sure to have lying around..

W/ that said consider your 1500 ES smaller...

W/ that said consider your 1500 ES smaller...

But that won't change muc of anything for this 1:1, since they're unnumbered in the first place and the "set" ES was already established at 1500. Hypothetically, SS could sell only 500 and convert the others, and no one would be able to tell that 1,000 IM Busts went "missing."

I really wish these pieces were numbered on the base.

I agree, if it is a set edition why not number them like they always do.. Seems weird..

That was a BIG mistake with this one, in my opinion. I know a lot of people will say "who cares," but I'd like to know that "my" IM Bust was number "X" out of a run of 1500.

Anyways, I will say despite all of the negative comments on this piece, I'll be the 1:1 Mark 2 Bust (pending a VERY low ES and hopefully numbered) without question.

What is even more strange is that the shipping boxes were all numbered. Some people received boxes in the high 500s while some in the low 100s...

All I know (which isn't much) is that my bust came in mint, and when it does it is one of SideShow's best. I prefer this over the comiquette which I also own.

Now I feel like I need to own the latest statue... argh!

In reality anyone who thought this would have a ton of defects and imperfections was nuts. Every single Iron Man release that SSC has done from the first Comiquette to this bust and everything in between has always had a ton of reports of paint scuffing and irregulars. The Iron Spidey will be the same, the Classic Iron Man will repeat it, its seems just to be the nature of the Sideshow pieces.

Back