Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you hear about Elm Studios he makes busts too of Robocop i bought one of Predator from him last year and its solid, detailed and really highend.

The look of Elm's Robo bust is quite off. Especially the head.

Though Fred's Robo is very accurate but the way they are coming out is just shockingly/surpirsingly bad. Hopefully this mess can resolved one way or another. Soon.

Last edited:
Major bummer!
What could have been a great piece to have is disappointing, we have ordered and then cancelled it twice, just not having the faith in the final product in order to go thrum with the order...Halyard we didn't, but as a big robot fan also very disappointed, as hubby and I did plan on getting this in the future....

And the packing job?????? What the intercourse is that????? Ive packed ebay hasbro pieces better!!! Styrofoam blocks and crunched up paper???????

The Barton fellow,if you are reading this - Artist you are not. A true artist would take pride in his creation and protect each and every one like if it was his first born.
SHAME ON YOU.

Major bummer!
What could have been a great piece to have is disappointing, we have ordered and then cancelled it twice, just not having the faith in the final product in order to go thrum with the order...Halyard we didn't, but as a big robot fan also very disappointed, as hubby and I did plan on getting this in the future....

And the packing job?????? What the intercourse is that????? Ive packed ebay hasbro pieces better!!! Styrofoam blocks and crunched up paper???????

The Barton fellow,if you are reading this - Artist you are not. A true artist would take pride in his creation and protect each and every one like if it was his first born.
SHAME ON YOU.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I received my bust on Friday in two pieces .... head seperated from the chest. I was and am pretty pissed. I waited a freaking year for this, having faith in a miracle and it was not to be.

Mine is/was #58/250, states it was made June 2012.

I really like this bust. Besides the decapitation ... LOL .... the detail is spot on, didnt find any other major flaws though you cant look past the lack of head and total loss of worth after such a critical injury ... hahah.

I will see if I can get it replaced ... not sure what the chance of that is. If number two comes in similar or worse condition I will ask for a full refund.

I am in Canada and the person on the phone, 'Trevor', indicated that I would get back my taxes/customs cost if I were to get a refund. I would have liked to have that in writing because I am thinking I will hear a different song sung when I go ahead to ask for that but we will see. I will give it another chance. It is a really nice piece .... I am not sure why the god damn neck was so thinly made, I swear it is like 2 millimeters thick. If it had of been 5 x as thick it would survive some jarring but as thin as it is and as poor as the packaging is it has no chance really ... still going to give it another try.

Beef

Just a shot in the dark here but could this all be a possible insurance scam? Bare with me. Suppose somewhere along the way Barton Productions fell into some major financial trouble and hijacked this (expensive) project as a means to gain financially.

The product sells at a cost of $1000 per piece. They're clearly made of pure garbage and rock bottom inexpensive material. They collect the full asking price, produce them knowing they're fragile and package them in a way to deliberately damage during the shipping process.

They then keep the full asking price, collect the full insurance, refund the buyer and report the entire project as a total write off.

Just a thought.

I received my bust on Friday in two pieces .... head seperated from the chest. I was and am pretty pissed. I waited a freaking year for this, having faith in a miracle and it was not to be.

Mine is/was #58/250, states it was made June 2012.

I really like this bust. Besides the decapitation ... LOL .... the detail is spot on, didnt find any other major flaws though you cant look past the lack of head and total loss of worth after such a critical injury ... hahah.

I will see if I can get it replaced ... not sure what the chance of that is. If number two comes in similar or worse condition I will ask for a full refund.

I am in Canada and the person on the phone, 'Trevor', indicated that I would get back my taxes/customs cost if I were to get a refund. I would have liked to have that in writing because I am thinking I will hear a different song sung when I go ahead to ask for that but we will see. I will give it another chance. It is a really nice piece .... I am not sure why the god damn neck was so thinly made, I swear it is like 2 millimeters thick. If it had of been 5 x as thick it would survive some jarring but as thin as it is and as poor as the packaging is it has no chance really ... still going to give it another try.

Beef

Not really sure about that.

Received mine from Sideshow after what seems like years of waiting. Very surprised by the standard of packaging but arrived in the UK in perfect condition. If you look closely there are a couple of imperfections but I'm not that fussy so am more than happy. I love the Robo 2 paintjob and overall I think its the most impressive display piece that I own.
I'm sorry for everyone who has ended up with a damaged piece but if you have the energy to try and get a replacement I promise you you wont regret it. Because of the small number of mint busts out there this could rise in value quite quickly. We may never know the true number that exist!

If he bought from sideshow, then yes he'll get his customs taxes back

Are you sure he will get customs charges and other taxes back? From your own experience? That would be cool but from what I know Sideshow says they are not covering themselves for any of other countries taxes, customs charges, VAT etc.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=141

Refunds-Amount and Posting

VAT, Customs fees, Duty and Advancement fee reimbursements.
International customers will only receive a refund of the actual product price and shipping cost (when appropriate) charged to them. They will need to complete and submit the appropriate reimbursement paperwork to their customs office for reimbursement of VAT, Duty and Customs fees. The Fed Ex Advancement fee is non-refundable.

Are you sure he will get customs charges and other taxes back? From your own experience? That would be cool but from what I know Sideshow says they are not covering themselves for any of other countries taxes, customs charges, VAT etc.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=141

Refunds-Amount and Posting

VAT, Customs fees, Duty and Advancement fee reimbursements.
International customers will only receive a refund of the actual product price and shipping cost (when appropriate) charged to them. They will need to complete and submit the appropriate reimbursement paperwork to their customs office for reimbursement of VAT, Duty and Customs fees. The Fed Ex Advancement fee is non-refundable.

I am about to destroy my Skaar PF and that's what Sideshow told me.

And the packing job?????? What the intercourse is that?????

:rotfl :rotfl
funniest use of alternative swearing i've seen all week.

as for the bust, geez. fred barton really has a lot of explaining to do, hasn't he? though i doubt he will, seeing his history of spotty communication. i recall the guy promising the new batch (after mine) would be much improved, but that clearly isn't the case.

for the record, my piece was quite securely packed and arrived in good condition. i had some relatively minor issues with the piece itself, but overall it's an impressive work of art and i am pretty happy with it. my sympathies to hear about those of you who've gotten a bad deal.

I am about to destroy my Skaar PF and that's what Sideshow told me.

If you go for refund I'm not sure what taxes you will get back from SS, except shipping. But if you get a replacement then the next package will be marked 0 value, so no more taxes on that. I know this from my own unfortunate experience with a replacement (I destroyed the original item as well), for that replacement I didn't pay any tax, customs, VAT etc.

Screw holes for the famous "L-Piece"

Really? Made 6/2012?!!! Really? WTF!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the biggest crap I ever received!

Begins with the way how this was protect for the shipping.

It is light as hell - 2kg if I guess right...

It feels and sounds like a hollow plastic toy!

It is deformed on the bottom, the left backside, a dent in the head and on the right frontside of the head underneath the visor.

Holes, bubbles, scratches, chips, poor overpaint, hairs, incomplete painting everywere!!!

Screwholes, glue and colored noses too!

It doesn´t stand on the art synthetic padding - it stands on the bottom deformation!

I would pay 300$ and would say: "ok for that amount it´s ok!" but for over 1200$ ARE YOU SERIOUS FRED??? Not even your signature is correct! It´s blurred!

Waiting for over a year to get an improved and perfect bust... what I got?! A bust from the first molds with "L" screw holes, overpainted to make it worse as possible and deformed like an 80 year old ass!!!

And thanks for the picture for the upcoming Robo LSF - I will buy that for sure!!!

Sarcasm off SOB!!!

Back