Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this by accident while simply googling Fred Barton's name. Apparently his shoddy craftsmanship, horrible paint apps and just being an overall prick go's back further to 2008 with his "Cylon" piece. Many people posting in this other forum are saying much of the same as this robo thread on statue forum....and this 4 years ago!

Man I wish I found this stuff before I even got involved with this jerk.

https://www.therpf.com/f9/fred-barton-cylon-54144/

Chris

Its only been a day but no response from him. Looks like Im gonna have to call VISA to stop the payment and then a trip to So Cal for a possible small claims court bid. Good thing for this thread explains everything.

I like Robocop and for a moment, many months ago, I even considered adding this bust to my collection. As I already said some of these busts look great, but many, too many alas, look like crap. But right now I'm glad I didn't buy it. I'll be getting the 1:1 Elm-Studios Palpatine bust soon and its quality is waaay beyond this Robo bust at a lower price too (edition of only 10 busts).

I just got my Robocop Bust and I think I must have gotten one of the very few "good ones".

It made it all the way to Australia unbroken and no real paint faults.I nearly cancelled this order sooo many times but Im really glad I didnt.

Obviously some tiny little things could have been done better but I am in love with my bust. After all these posts, delays etc I would never deal with Fred again even though this was purchased through Sideshow.

Not quite sure what Fred was thinking with that darker bluey/green line on the upper chest though????

Anyway Hope some others get a decent one aswell.

I just got my Robocop Bust and I think I must have gotten one of the very few "good ones".

It made it all the way to Australia unbroken and no real paint faults.I nearly cancelled this order sooo many times but Im really glad I didnt.

Obviously some tiny little things could have been done better but I am in love with my bust. After all these posts, delays etc I would never deal with Fred again even though this was purchased through Sideshow.

Not quite sure what Fred was thinking with that darker bluey/green line on the upper chest though????

Anyway Hope some others get a decent one aswell.

Congrats...I was one of the few lucky ones also...But I dont think I want to go thru another nerve wrecking exprience on a bust again

In the end I'm afraid this bust will have a very low edition size... :monkey3

well, even when it was set at like "250" , it wasn't selling like hot cakes. I can't believe how bad this piece turned out, even worse then a couple of the IM fiasco's.

the supplier in my country cancelled my robocop bust order because they got an email from sideshow saying the robocop bust cant be sent outside the united states for "some" reason...

YAY!!!! ... what a lousy artist... doesnt deserve my purchase no matter how good the statue is..

the supplier in my country cancelled my robocop bust order because they got an email from sideshow saying the robocop bust cant be sent outside the united states for "some" reason...

YAY!!!! ... what a lousy artist... doesnt deserve my purchase no matter how good the statue is..

Unfortunately his product seems not to be that good anyway... :dunno

Back