Force FX Lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 of the Master Replica Darth Maul Lightsaber that I got to make the complete Dual Bladed one. I will have to take it out and compare the sound and response to movement but I do admit even though I am a huge Star Wars fan I am not as nerdy and over critical with every little detail as some of my friends that are Star Wars fans. If I'm a level 10 geek they take it up to 100.

*also I'm not sure if I recall correctly but I think the Anakin MR hilt had more plastic parts than this hasbro one. But I might be confusing it to the AOTC Anakin Force FX, I did have that one but sold it off years ago.

Last edited:
I wonder if Hasbro will start doing the lightsaber tips pointy rather than rounded in the future?

tip.jpg

I doubt it. I think for the most part it just depends on the movie how it looked during a specific scene or technology during that movie.

That and it would be too easy for someone to stab themselves with it and blame hasbro for it.

My new aquisition from gohasting.com presidents day sale the Hasbro Anakin FX lightsaber with removable blade. I took video of the ignition and blade removal but don't know how to post it, If I ever do i'll post it.
I like it. I used to have the Master Replicas Luke Empire version and I can say that I like this one better. I don't have it anymore so this is based on memory: Hilt feels better as far as width, blade appears brighter, sound is different and I think it is louder. Clip for the belt is not accurate to movie but works good. Overall very happy with it.

CIMG4930.jpg

CIMG4933.jpg

CIMG4932.jpg

CIMG4931.jpg

CIMG4939.jpg

I also bought a gutted out one on ebay and put in in my case along with my Graflex Flash Gun converted to Luke New Hope Hilt. Father and Son's hilts. :monkey2
CIMG4944.jpg

Looks great ODK! Was reading about your purchase in the GH thread, nice to see it came through for you and everything was okay.

What are the extra accessories it came with in the picture?

I don't have any experience with the MR ones as I just picked up a Darth Vadar one last week and all that was in my head when it lit up was "impressive". Ordered the Luke and Anakin ones as well though not sure if he can get me both ..... Can't believe I didn't grab them when they were clearing it out at Costco but at the time $100 for a toy just seemed childish (not anymore :lol)

:lol I would gladly pay $100 for most of the stuff I buy now!

I doubt it. I think for the most part it just depends on the movie how it looked during a specific scene or technology during that movie.

That and it would be too easy for someone to stab themselves with it and blame hasbro for it.

Imagine going to the Hospital and saying you were 'stabbed' by a Lightsaber! sounds surreal.

What are the extra accessories it came with in the picture?

Assessories: Belt clip to attach Hilt to belt when blade is taken of. Not identical to the ones used in the Prequels but it works well. You could even just find a way to mount the clip on the wall to hang the lightsaber from it if you wanted.

the black tube with the gold thing on one end is included to insert in place of the blade when removed to give it the emitter look and serves to cover the holes and connectors for the blade.

and of course the display stand, which has compartment in the back to place the belt clip, and black tube(emitter) when not being used. the display is also made to be able to display the lightsaber with the blade or hilt by itselt with the blade set up behing it.

All those little details to me are awesome. If only it could really chop of peoples' limbs!!! :(

I got mine on a really good sale for about $65 at Amazon over the holidays and I love it. I always wanted Luke's ANH/ESB hilt but could never afford the original Master Replicas or even getting the Graflex and modding it, so this is a great alternative especially since you can take the blade off and only display the hilt.

I got mine on a really good sale for about $65 at Amazon over the holidays and I love it. I always wanted Luke's ANH/ESB hilt but could never afford the original Master Replicas or even getting the Graflex and modding it, so this is a great alternative especially since you can take the blade off and only display the hilt.

Yeah, the graflex style hilt is my alltime favorite. I really hate that I lost my Empire FX. :(

I got lucky with the Graflex, I was able to find it for $60 and found the pieces needed on the net to turn it into New Hope Hilt. It still works, If I put in the D cell batteries and the the little lightbulb on the side of the flashgun, it turns on. I never tried to get the bigger one that plugs into were the blade comes out of to see if that works, but it would be interesting to see.

My new aquisition from gohasting.com presidents day sale the Hasbro Anakin FX lightsaber with removable blade. I took video of the ignition and blade removal but don't know how to post it, If I ever do i'll post it.
I like it. I used to have the Master Replicas Luke Empire version and I can say that I like this one better. I don't have it anymore so this is based on memory: Hilt feels better as far as width, blade appears brighter, sound is different and I think it is louder. Clip for the belt is not accurate to movie but works good. Overall very happy with it.

CIMG4930.jpg

CIMG4933.jpg

CIMG4932.jpg

CIMG4931.jpg

CIMG4939.jpg

I also bought a gutted out one on ebay and put in in my case along with my Graflex Flash Gun converted to Luke New Hope Hilt. Father and Son's hilts. :monkey2
CIMG4944.jpg

I have the original MR version with non-removable blade. I was just wondering how sturdy the removable blade is when it's snapped on. Can you still swing it around without fear of the blade flying off?

Yeah, the graflex style hilt is my alltime favorite. I really hate that I lost my Empire FX. :(

I got lucky with the Graflex, I was able to find it for $60 and found the pieces needed on the net to turn it into New Hope Hilt. It still works, If I put in the D cell batteries and the the little lightbulb on the side of the flashgun, it turns on. I never tried to get the bigger one that plugs into were the blade comes out of to see if that works, but it would be interesting to see.

Lucky bastard! That price is great! I've been trying to hunt down a Graflex 3 cell for ages, but they're always so expensive! I also collect old cameras, so the Graflex brings together two of my collecting passions! Unfortunately, all camera collectors seem to know how valuable the Graflex is to SW nerds like me, so they know to jack up the price. Otherwise, they probably would be like $40-$60.

I haven't done too much with it but it appears good. the button towards the top is also a screw that you unscrew to remove and to screw to hold in place. I remove the blade in the video, I will see if i'm able to post. As far as sturdy, it probably isn't as sturdy as the ones that aren't removable, I found a review on you tube when I was trying to decide and the guy pretty much convinced me by showing all the details on the saber. He swung the saber around imitating the Anakin moves in ROTS pretty fast and it looked ok to me, I guess just make sure you screw the pin in place appropriately to hold it and don't hit anything too hard.

I haven't done too much with it but it appears good. the button towards the top is also a screw that you unscrew to remove and to screw to hold in place. I remove the blade in the video, I will see if i'm able to post. As far as sturdy, it probably isn't as sturdy as the ones that aren't removable, I found a review on you tube when I was trying to decide and the guy pretty much convinced me by showing all the details on the saber. He swung the saber around imitating the Anakin moves in ROTS pretty fast and it looked ok to me, I guess just make sure you screw the pin in place appropriately to hold it and don't hit anything too hard.

Thanks for the help. I've been trying to decide whether or not I want to replace my old MR sabers with these new removable ones. Your photos might just have sold me on it.

If you're not super delicate to detail MR vs. Hasbro then I think you will be happy. I have owned both and I think they're just as good. If anything just buy one and see if its worth replacing all of the ones you already have. I paid $122 with shipping with mine due to the sale with a gift card, but I've seem some people on the boards say they got them as cheap as $65. Just make sure its from a store you can return if they give you a banged up one.

If you're not super delicate to detail MR vs. Hasbro then I think you will be happy. I have owned both and I think they're just as good. If anything just buy one and see if its worth replacing all of the ones you already have. I paid $122 with shipping with mine due to the sale with a gift card, but I've seem some people on the boards say they got them as cheap as $65. Just make sure its from a store you can return if they give you a banged up one.

While the Hasbros are nice for the price, they're considerably cheaper in quality to the MRs.

While the Hasbros are nice for the price, they're considerably cheaper in quality to the MRs.

uh no theyre not. they are the exact same thing. some even with improvements like detachable blades and smaller batteries.

Graflex...... wow thats madness......That is so cool to be able to convert it to be a lightsaber!!! I wants!!!!!
The more I look at it. Is that how they actually made the original saber????
BTW I am pretty sure the original Lightsabers did not have the FCC and battery (yellow one you can see in the pic) labels on it ;)

uh no theyre not. they are the exact same thing. some even with improvements like detachable blades and smaller batteries.

I'll give you the detachable blades (though I wouldn't swing them too hard or you're likely to KO a family member), but you're wrong about the quality.

I'll give you the detachable blades (though I wouldn't swing them too hard or you're likely to KO a family member), but you're wrong about the quality.

How am I wrong about the quality? I own both from MR and Hasbro. They are both made out of the same materials and from the SAME factory, with the same electronics. MR simply sold the FX line and royalties to Hasbro because they were bankrupt.

This very same info comes straight from past MR employees as well.

Sorry but you don't know everything about everything. I think you just like to think you do in your diluted world that you live in. :lol

Back