Force FX Lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkArtist81 said:
I bought the Anakin AOTC version while in Japan a few years ago and was super impressed by them. And back then, the saber handle was far bigger and clunkier. Now with the slimmer hilts, they are even better. I've been meaning to get some more of them, but have been holding out for certain ones...

The Maul version is flat out gonna rock. Now if they would make an Obi-Wan it would be perfect...

You mean this Obi-Wan?
https://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-MRforcefx/default.asp

Darkshadowcollectibles said:

Holy crap on a stick.....:horror

I totally skipped past that on RebelScum, thinking it was just some more pics of the old Luke saber!! Well, I guess MR just got a little bit more of my money coming to them this year.... damn them! lol.

Thanks DSC for the heads up...:joy

I've only got the newer Luke and plan to get the full Maul. Last year I used the Luke at Halloween and sure a lot of the kids were excited, but there was a lot of dads at the street going "whoa, it's a lightsaber, honey look at that."

Well I finally broke down and got the Luke(ROTJ) from Spencer's at my mall. It's so friggin awesome. I kept sneaking up behind my girlfriend and igniting it to scare the crap out of her. Going to get the Vader this weekend.

Darth Loki said:
Well I finally broke down and got the Luke(ROTJ) from Spencer's at my mall. It's so friggin awesome. I kept sneaking up behind my girlfriend and igniting it to scare the crap out of her. Going to get the Vader this weekend.

I love that trick, until she takes it and whacks you with it. That is a great combo with Luke (ROTJ) vs Vader.

My dad's gonna flip when he sees my lightsaber. Then he's going to go nuts when he sees my PF Vader!!! Little does he know that I bought one for him for his birthday and Father's day.:horror

Well, here's my take:
My friend and I trade regularly from Detroit to Denver. He was in a trade deficit with me and offered to balance it with a Mace Windu saber he knew was on sale at Gamestop. Me, not collecting these, thought the offer intriguing b/c Mace has a badass saber! So, for the $100 worth of ROTS figures and Marvel Legends 11, I got me a MaceFX. Little did I know that my friend was like a well seasoned drug pusher in his inticing offer. Like making a pack with the devil, I got totally hooked on these and bought one of every color!!!! Now, I am an FX fiend:banana
That said, if you sign up for a Borders Rewards card/email, they will regulary send you coupons for 25%/30% off any item in the store. I used these coupons all Xmas season and bought 3 more sabers from Borders. I just got a 30% off coupon last week and a 25% off this week. This saves you MAJOR cash on the FX sabers and Im hoping like hell they get the Maul!!! Just thought I'd put that out there for those looking to save some money on these!!!:joy :banana :banana :banana

Good looking out DCFETT. I may have to take a stroll to Borders and check it out. Thanks

YAY!!!!!! today i got a letter from Barnes and Noble. since i have the barnes and noble mastercard and have been such a good member they sent me a $50 giftcard towards anything in stores or online!!!! im getting a mace windu!!!!:chew :chew

hairlesswookiee said:
YAY!!!!!! today i got a letter from Barnes and Noble. since i have the barnes and noble mastercard and have been such a good member they sent me a $50 giftcard towards anything in stores or online!!!! im getting a mace windu!!!!:chew :chew

Cool and congrats.

I have Mace, Luke Episode VI, Anakin Ep III, Vader Ep V and the double bladed Maul. I love them. I will get Obi-Wan Ep III once it's out and that will be the last one I get.

Mace was my least favorite, I bought it from Adam as well during that sale. The purple just didn't show up, it looked more white than anything. The hilt is nice, but not really much for me beyond that.

My new aquisition from gohasting.com presidents day sale the Hasbro Anakin FX lightsaber with removable blade. I took video of the ignition and blade removal but don't know how to post it, If I ever do i'll post it.
I like it. I used to have the Master Replicas Luke Empire version and I can say that I like this one better. I don't have it anymore so this is based on memory: Hilt feels better as far as width, blade appears brighter, sound is different and I think it is louder. Clip for the belt is not accurate to movie but works good. Overall very happy with it.

CIMG4930.jpg

CIMG4933.jpg

CIMG4932.jpg

CIMG4931.jpg

CIMG4939.jpg

I also bought a gutted out one on ebay and put in in my case along with my Graflex Flash Gun converted to Luke New Hope Hilt. Father and Son's hilts. :monkey2
CIMG4944.jpg

Looks good dave!
I only have the MR ANH Vader and was thinking about buying a hasbro one... But after I heard they aren't as good as the MR ones I backed of a little. But the pics look good... Maybe your vid will pull me over the line to buy one :D (if you get it uploaded)

I ended up getting the Anakin off of Amazon rather than GoHastings as Amazon is easier to do returns. Good thing I did, mine came with a ding on the blade and the light up feature did this wierd flourescent looking flicker over that spot so I sent it back. Overall, I was not very impressed with it anyway, the sound feature sounded horrible to me in the idle stage and it rarely got the motion sound or collision effect right. It did look very good when the blade was off. The blade itself seemed short to me though and looked odd when not "ignited".

I don't have any experience with the MR ones as I just picked up a Darth Vadar one last week and all that was in my head when it lit up was "impressive". Ordered the Luke and Anakin ones as well though not sure if he can get me both ..... Can't believe I didn't grab them when they were clearing it out at Costco but at the time $100 for a toy just seemed childish (not anymore :lol)

Back