First True to Scale Diorama for Ikea Besta or stand alone! Episode 4!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost there!

IMG20170829222055.jpg

Alright! I think this is it! LEDs installed and lit, backwall electronics activated, black rubber doorway seal in place! Lights, camera, go!

IMG20170903231618.jpg

IMG20170903231248.jpg

IMG20170903231131.jpg

IMG20170903230938.jpg

Enjoying the up angle very much, but also trying out a few more traditional poses too..

Honestly, this display piece is a joy to work with. Can't thank the Family Assink enough for bringing these jewels into our collections.

Last edited:
Looking good! So you decided to stay with the 45cm version? Also, did you place the ceiling support plates that go between the columns?

Alright! I think this is it! LEDs installed and lit, backwall electronics activated, black rubber doorway seal in place! Lights, camera, go!

IMG20170903231618.jpg

IMG20170903231248.jpg

IMG20170903231131.jpg

IMG20170903230938.jpg

Enjoying the up angle very much, but also trying out a few more traditional poses too..

Honestly, this display piece is a joy to work with. Can't thank the Family Assink enough for bringing these jewels into our collections.

Not even remotely!!

I just realized that if (which is very quickly going to be when) I move up to the ultimate, that will require a new ceiling and a new unbroken LED strip, there was no harm in wiring up the 47cm.

Have not affixed the side panels or the aluminum ceiling cover (but it is sitting on top for these pic because it does an excellent job of pushing the LED light back down into the dio! Still need to put up the supports as a final step. But still avoiding the non reversible steps for the expansion...

By the way, those LEDs are BLINDINGLY bright, and perfectly white which is exactly what is needed. Great choice!

Last edited:
Not even remotely!!

I just realized that if (which is very quickly going to be when) I move up to the ultimate, that will require a new ceiling and a new unbroken LED strip, there was no harm in wiring up the 47cm.

By the way, those LEDs are BLINDINGLY bright, and perfectly white which is exactly what is needed. Great choice!

That is correct! Just enjoy this one and if you upgrade, the parts that will be replaced will be sent to you

Great shots QuiGon!

Leia: Just below us is Tatooine. Much like Jakku but with less junk and better bars.
Rey: Hmmm...

Vader knocks...

Back